Why (some) things need to be the way they are in E&P

The funny thing is I absolutely love a good debate, but since this is based on personal opinion it’s very little wiggle room… but I’m still going to squeeze in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Full disclosure not a fan of any company :laughing: But changes are necessary to freshen it up and it’s easy to say how ppl can do something better but 4 years playing and they are still trying to keep us engaged. If u can do better go make a game from nothing and see how long b4 ppl judge u on it also.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with most of it and I was also angry when they nerfed Guinevere but I understood it. it got boring after awhile with everybody having the same Heroes, there was no balance but I certainly didn’t think I was entitled to anything because I chose to spend money and Chase the hero even though it got nerfed 2x. Still a good hero and so is telly and viv.

The deals are the deals if you jump on and catch a deal and it was a mistake good on you, but if you didn’t catch it in time so be it. If you go to the store and they list something for the wrong price and somebody in front of you buys all of them …does that mean you’re entitled to it ? No because she cashed in and it just means you got to be quicker. (Remember the toilet paper and lysol nightmare ? Remember this is a game, it’s not life, but the one thing that it does have in common with life is …that it’s not fair. there is a balance whether we can see it or not and whether we like it or not.

Find the fun cuz if u focus on the negative u will always be miserable. There will never be a way to make an entire community of gamers happy buuuut I just play for the fun of the community and i like challenging myself with competition and my game fam.

Now I’m gonna get my popcorn and see what happens :laughing: :popcorn:

4 Likes

Based on the small number that had already gone out. Not based on the deal being put for the full time span for all spenders to acquire

A more appropriate analogy is you bought a number of raffle tickets and you ended up winning a BMW. Then there was a recall on that model of BMW because of excessive emissions that were unsafe for the environmentg, and as a result the engine had to be de-tuned before the vehicle was returned to you

2 Likes

Yep, I like a good argument (to me this is synonymous with “debate”) but I see no reason not to be civil when doing so, even if arguing completely opposite viewpoints.

So true

Sure I was. But a good, clean fight. Which I guess others would call a debate.
I actually had my faith in this forum restored to some extent after I saw someone have an extreme opinion about a hero and he changed his mind after a few people replied and presented counter arguments, and he decided to give the hero in question some more play time based on the combined experience that was presented to him.

I don’t think most of us will change our minds on most topics, but perhaps we can all be a little more open to accepting and not dismissing alternative viewpoints.

3 Likes

I would argue that you are being too Liberal. I’d argue that you bought raffle tickets for a chance at a NICE rental and they recalled it for modifications because it wasn’t suitable for the road you were driving on.

PS: How have you not gotten an admin flag yet for too many, “for reasons” ? This is my all time record:
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 8.04.57 PM

1 Like

What do you get those for? You don’t get an explanation?

I hate seeing green in my profile pic. I get the occasional one, mostly for off topic and once in a blue moon for inappropriate. And usually its pretty apparent the reason they were flagged

It’s in the TOS, “cannot discuss, question or comment blah blah”. The truth off it is when I see that unholy nature coloured symbol, it makes me want to puke. I have no idea but I still get flags every couple of days, I follow the link and nothing is there. “Gaslighting” springs to mind, but even that seems too paranoid for the man responsible for “Mental Health is more than a word” thread. Beyond that I have no idea why.

Regardless, back to the topic, it’s far more interesting than I am. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m of two minds about this, and I would need to do more thinking/math, which I don’t have the time to do now…

I think they could still increase either a) the summon odds (a bit), or b) the opportunity to summon / obtain heroes, without blowing up availability/access and making rosters stale. I do agree that we don’t want to go so far as having everyone get the HOTM on the first day of each month; but I still think SG is being too stingy now. There’s room to budge a bit.

Little things like making non-S1 3* and 4* available in Hero Academy (even if they kept training odds fairly low). Or making Valhalla coin drops equal Atlantis coin drops.

I feel strongly about this, as there are some heroes/mechanisms out there which really give a major advantage. Well ok, probably the really big one is elemental defense down as that really gives a major advantage on Titans and Challenge Events and anything with a timer (like Ninja Tower) (even more than resurrection, if I think about it). Yet all those EDD heroes are heavily paywalled. Even Nordri, a 3*, well I know someone who’s finished Valhalla and spent all their summons, no Nordri yet.

I also think that the rate at which new heroes are introduced, can also for some room in terms of summoning/training accessibility
. When there were only 5 challenge events, I could be patient and try for Jackal/Falcon. Now that there will be 10 challenge events… ugh. I think the sweet spot was when we had 5 events and the challenge event coins were also introduced as a dedicated summon currency.

. Ok, some players will just hoard their mats and wait, but at least give players a choice. i’d rather have to decide between 2-3 great heroes, then be forced to sit on my mats because I literally have nobody to spend them on.

my initial take anyway

5 Likes

I have just two, I fed away the other two. Three star RNGebus loves me. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I’ve probably pulled like 5 Sudris by now, but not a single Grevle yet myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would you happen to have a Bauchan, or Arman too?

cries for missing goblin again :sob::sob:

1 Like

@sleepyhead Grevle, as well as Sudri are the two best 3 stars in my roster. I keep two of each (only pulled two Grevles but have fed Sudris away). Your roster can dominate mine.

@SamMe, I have an Arman lvl 1/3, sadly no Bauchan. :cry:

1 Like

Based on what?
This incomplete sentence doesn’t make sense. Are you saying that thirty people got the deal. Did you deliver them yourself?

It was available for a few hours.
And then it was rescinded for the bulk of the day.

:rofl:

Petri says:

"does not break the game economy"

Everything else I said was spot on too

This was great! Seriously, thank you both for this!

1 Like

Are you taking the mickey? He IS a well respected member here as are you. I’m not one of you inner circle types and sarcasm hurts me more than a broken nose. Maybe it it is just the wonderful tonal nature of the intertubes? I have no way to tell?

1 Like

I’m still waiting for the grand reveal that @Homaclese and @Pompitous are in fact the same person and they’ve just been supplying us popcorn moments for the past year.

That’d be pretty epic level pranking. :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m in a different vantage point.

From where I sit he has been wrong about pretty much everything.
How OP Noor is. And now he doesn’t use her anymore. Which was predicted by the way!

How Amazing Myztero is. Same story.
Also predicted. When I asked him if he had the heroes that he uses now. He told me no. And asked me what the price of fish is. Fast forward and he’s using heroes that deliver consistent results on a larger swath of enemies.

How LB works… his description was completely wrong. And his result gave 4* heroes:

False… it’s actually only 1.02% of base stats. 5* still gain more overall. Because of their higher base stats and how LB actually works.

And this hamgate thing…

How long was it up?
6 hours?

They should have just left it alone…
Problem solved.

Especially since it didn’t break anything.

What does that mean? It sounds Australian. Is it?

1 Like

The topic was tongue in cheek and you know it.

I still use noor. In almost all pve including events. And I use her in almost every war. She is a decent hero which is what I’ve always said.

I also use myztero in almost every war. Still one of the funniest heroes I have played. I did get lucky with lord loki who is better, but that doesn’t take away how fun mztero is. And how effective particularly against alfrike tanks

And LBs are more beneficial to 4s. If you LB a 4 and a 5* both the 4* will be relatively better off vs the 5* than the same matchup pre LB.

Well yes, you can look at my profile to tell that.

Mistakes or being wrong about something? I’m guilty, now and again, for years at a time. For now, I’ll just leave it at, you are both well respected members of the community. Ad hominem attacks are not cool at face value in my opinion. Heaven forbid that someone expresses one.

Take care dude. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I don’t know what that means either. Because all of your bullet points can be found being repeated by you all over the forum.

I will say though:
Creating a thread where you do talk about wanting to argue was a pretty sweet move! I’m proud of you for that!

Should make it easier for @moderators when an argument breaks out. They can just divert it here and help keep the forum clean.

:+1:

2 Likes

I still believe that the nerf of Telluria and Vella happened because something happened and everybody got one of those heroes.
Not too long after new heroes were and still are that put them to shame. So the nerf was not because they were too powerfull but because too many people got them.

For me what irks me in this game is the imbalance of the gameplay.
It irritates me that in wars for example a 4500 team gets crushed by a 3900 team. Its not even a fair fight.
And this situation não happene over and over, because the computer team gets a special buff, doesn’t suffer the board restrictions and the AI has been improved lately.

In other words unless you get an excellent board the odds are very poor.
This game is becoming more and more based on luck than strategy or skill.
A 3900 team could certainly win a game but never crush a fully emblemed 5* 4500 team imo.

1 Like

Well the fact that a 3900 can beat a higher team is actually a good thing. Sure you need a bit of board luck but it stops unkillable defences and gives a lot of people a bit of hope. My 6th war team is about 4000 usually and 9/10 times it will beat a 4600+ team because it has really good synergy. How rubbish would this be if that well built and well synergised team just bounced off anything not it’s level???

1 Like