Why not using 30 heroes for war defense too? / Multiple War Defense teams

i tried to find something like it but i couldnt find any threads…now i see a bunch…just wondering why they never tried this, its a great idea…

This is an idea I had when fighting a war; what if you could only use each hero once in defense as well? After you have been killed you re-spawn with a different defense team each time and you had to set up like 6 different lines (only allowed to be killed 6 times), that would be really interesting and spice thinks up. It is really easy to have 5 really great heroes set up in your defense, but if you need 30 heroes it is more of a challenge. Should you use all the best heroes in the first setup, or in a later one - since you usually use your best heroes first in war. More tactics and more fun!

1 Like

This recommendation sounds like fun but how would SG ensure that it didn’t have disproportionate negative impact on newer or building players. The balance of the game needs to be considered as well. If features are added that only benefit the stronger players with deeper benches, this game will not be around for long. The game’s longevity depends on attracting and retaining new players.

7 Likes

Current feature doesn’t give any chance for new players, because there is no chance to win 6 times the army with 4000+ power.

Thats why I proposed this idea , where you cant just field 5*, but 3* and 4* as well, and build synergy amongs them, family bonuses etc,…

1 Like

have been saying for over a year we need mutliple defences in war. we attack with 30 but only have one fixed defence that respawns.
when you start the game you get 5 free team allocations - so even people who are f2p can lock in 5 teams. also when most allainces say you need to 30 characters to be in war - that is also 6 defences.
one defence dies, respawn is next defence.
this would change the mundane startegy of lowest 8 - respawn - lowest 8 - respawn - Flip
people wouldn’t have to put their strongest defence first they could put it second. If everyone starts with a Green tank would their second team be green tank too (obviously same colour tank for more than 2 flips you would need a deep roster)
currently i guess most people in war hardly change their attack teams or defence teams. maybe a tweak for the skill (equalizer) etc… but some don’t.
The last ipdate to war with fast mana, zombie, and equalizer has changed nothing

1 Like

I’d really like to see wars change. Over the 5 years I’ve been mentoring newbies. Defense teams in wars are one of there major complaints. We all get use to
It but what if when your defense team dies he doesn’t come back. Your next best defense team comes back and so on down the line. I’ve been playing a really long time. Don’t spend a ton of money but I’ve spent too much at times. Other than my main defense team my others are 45-48K remember back
To when you were using 2*s to complete 6 teams.

1 Like

I’m not sure what changes you are asking for. Personally I’d like a little more variety with the types in the type of war like “Rush attack”. But I can’t fathom what you would like the game to do to improve things.

2 Likes

I think OP wants a second team to be fielded after your defense loses the first time.

This idea would bring more value to team depth. Given the priority many put on defense teams it could boost spending. But change always gets hate so curious if it would lead to a positive.

I like it. It will increase win rates which makes folks happy.

1 Like

Yes pls add the possibility to view fights of other team members. That’s not only interesting but like that we could help each others better in tactical issues :+1:

Thanks for the clarification. I like it as well, wonder how it could be implemented but not a terrible idea at all.

1 Like

About a year ago (or maybe longer), SG had announced new “elemental” war types, that might have encouraged people to use different tanks adding variety to war, but those never made it into the live game.

1 Like

Right now we use our best defense team for the whole war. We have 6 teams for wars. I’m all for using a different team every time one dies. It will change strategies some. It would give us some lower teams to attack as the war progresses.

I presume you mean individual one-shots. It likely won’t do much for overall alliance war win rates.

Playing devil’s advocate, I suppose if implemented then weaker players will wait for the second half of the war for their attempts at one-shots against weaker defences rather than doing clean-ups. Could potentially cause alliance friction.

As for OP, I can’t even begin to imagine the headache of setting up six war defences. Hard enough to sort out six attacking teams.

1 Like