Why is Wilbur's special giving also buffing the enemies' defense?

I just finish playing a few raids going mono red against a telly. For two of them, I set Wilbur off. However, instead of debuffing the opponents’ defense, they had their defenses buffed by my special. Needless to say, I lost both raids, of which I would have won the prior one but for this dumb bug. :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :unamused:

Attached is a screenshot of when this bug appeared and happened again.

I hope this bug gets fixed. Otherwise, I can no longer go mono red against all of these telly tank defensive teams that I see in Diamond arena. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This is what happened there.

All allies get Defense Status Ailment Protection for 4 turns. New status ailments affecting defense will be replaced by +42% defense for 4 turns

Not a “bug”. Actually a “feature”. A feature of Mr. Jean-Francois.

EDIT: personally, for the team that I do have Wilbur on, I almost never use his special in raids… not until I’m down to the last 1 or 2 opponents. Because it can easily backfire!

2 Likes

Yep. JF is the culprit there, the source of your woes.

1 Like

Ahh, I didn’t know the details of Jean-Francois’ special besides the fast burn only damage. Thanks.

As for using Wilbur in mono red team, I prefer using Wilbur because I rarely get the downside and it allows me to get the most bang from my attacks in either further weakening or taking enemy heroes with low health.

1 Like

Closed per OP request.