Why is mono red all over the event leaderboard?

There was only one green boss and he was only in two levels, level 5 and 10… what am I missing here? Does anybody feel like sharing their reasons why they competed with mono red this event?

1 Like

The waves are basically all green and red, red is strong on green and neutral on red if you’d gone with a blue stack its strong on red but weak on green so result is worse

3 Likes

Strong synergy and green mobs on every stage.

1 Like

Sure but to get a competitive event score you need to complete every level under 45 seconds, preferably more like 30-35 seconds which means you kill the mobs with items… arrows and axes on the first wave, bombs on the second wave, and you take your team up against the bosses. Like the mobs don’t even matter.

1 Like

thats not how event scoring works

No. First wave you kill with making a red diamond. Second stage with items. Third stage with items, specials and the red diamond🤪

2 Likes

Only 1 wave get carpet bombed, and not even always.

First and depending on the board even the second can be special-tiles hammered, and actually only the bosses bombed.

It depends on stage (1 or more bosses), difficulty (different items available) and even the board.

For example if with one or two move you kill all the first wave, make a diamond and charge your heroes, you use your specials on the second wave, push the diamond, recharge your heroes and save items for the boss.

Thats actually what all people want.

2 Likes

Because winnig events is onlt doable with a heavy stacking and most of the red heroes are the crème de la crème of E&P, so a safe investment:

• Boldtusk
    highest atk buff
  • Wilbur
    highest defense reduction
  • G. Falcon
    elemental debuff on 3 targets

Plus green mob waves.

5 Likes

I’ve only competed in one event, it was pirates. Lots of stages with green bosses and I used mono red. I came 18th but I ran out of items to keep pushing. The way I did it was just farm for a really good starting board, I’d flee if I didn’t see a bunch of red. And then I’d just carpet bomb the mobs with items and take the great board up against the bosses with mana pots too. But I could only try for one good score each stage because I only had 50 mana pots and 50 bombs, so one good try for each level. What you said sounds good but I’m a little unsure about using up all the good gems on the mobs… like you’ll get a great start and then run out of the gems you want for the bosses?

1 Like

Search for @Dator youtube channel.
Watch him and @Uclapack pushing .

Choose the right board to not wasting items is the way.

3 Likes

Yes you want a great starting board I know… but that’s especially confusing for me here because if you take your great starting board with your mono red team and kill the mobs with it (even though items would kill them, you can kill the first two waves in like 10 seconds with items…) now you’re battling a blue boss with a mono red team and you’ve used up all your red gems?? Like I’m so confused

If you have mana pots, right heroes and items you can kill every boss without moving a single tile.

Look better their team. Who fight for first position don’t have a single healer, and most of them use fast heroes.

Have you asked why? Boldtusk increase your tile damage!
Isn’t it strange?

Stop using the items on the waves and use them on the bosses, the attack items ignore enemy defense so gain the most used on the bosses and you dont risk having a combo freeze early on the final wave

Red is a very powerful stack since Falcon + Gormek/Wilbur massively increase all subsequent damage by reducing the defense on 3 heroes twice over. This lets the other red heroes - Scarlett, Lancelot, Colen, Azlar, Marjana, etc. deal massive damage and clear a stage quickly. It is particularly effective this event since every level has green minions.

4 Likes

I find it wasteful to carpet bomb before making a move, so almost always save items for the second wave. This reduces total item use in the event. I only used 80 axes/bombs to win epic because of this.

5 Likes

I thought the minions don’t matter and the team build is based on the bosses… like items will basically kill the minions so essentially the team build is only based on the bosses, and then you just farm for a good board for your team against bosses?

Other way around. Items will kill one wave and the bosses, so you only need to plan for the first wave.

2 Likes

See @Wharflord’s video:

4 Likes

Ok so I was thinking about events entirely wrong lol, thanks guys :slight_smile: