Why I still love this game!

Thank you, thank you, thank you @OGdirty1Kanobi for just being sunny! I find the best and worst part of this game is the people and their attitudes, just as I do at work or in sports. Your positivity and enjoyment of what you have is a breath of fresh Forum air.

How fitting it should come from a fellow Canadian, even if you are from Alberta :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey now! Some of you get the wrong idea about me. I do like the game, or else I wouldn’t still be playing it. I don’t like the prices or the summoning odds aspect, but those are voluntary type things, so I’ve chosen to abstain from it. That actually makes the game more enjoyable, when you occasionally get a good hero for free instead of spending $$$ for a bunch of 3* trash.

The irony is that, when I complain about summoning odds and such, it’s because I actually want SG to make money. But I’m not going to spend money on Dawas and such that I can already get for free on a regular basis. If they want to keep the spending model as it is? That’s cool. Just means I won’t be spending anymore. As long as they’re okay with that? Alright, neato. We have an understanding.

Carry on! :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you for the helpful tips and advice, I shall take that to heart :slight_smile:

I guess it all goes hand in hand - I mean, even if one were to get plenty of five star heroes, then a Stronghold at level 10 would not be able to take care of them!

All in good time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhh first month player!

Apologies, you’ll have to excuse my rantings on here. It really is a fun game, just beware the money trap! Unless you have like thousands of dollars just lying around and can’t figure out what to do with it. Then, go ahead and summon away. :grin:

Game is fun. Takes a long long time to build up strong teams, though. And buying summons… well, maybe early on it might be exciting to pull your first Prisca or Boldtusk from a summon portal… but after the 1000th time of pulling the same hero, when what you really wanted was that special extremely rare shiny Hero of the Month or Valhalla 5* or whatever… you’ve got to realize that the odds are very much against you.

So if you ARE going to spend - remember two rules:

#1 - don’t spend more than you can afford to lose
#2 - don’t expect to get anything good

Summons may reward you heavily if luck is on your side.
They may also disappoint you heavily if it’s not.

Gotta roll with the punches, put in work and time and grind, grind, grind. Take every possible opportunity you can to snag free “unfarmable” items every time you see them. Because even if you don’t need them today, trust me… you play long enough, you will probably need them eventually.

5 Likes

Originally from the T-dot :wink: came here in 2015 cuz family moved here and to Victoria…so figured I might as well Go to the wild west lol

It’s definitely a Long distance run… I’ll be a year at the start of October and I’ve gotten now 9 5* hero’s and all from free unexpected pulls…out of those 9 I got 2 maxed (Dom and Arthur…1 more trap tool and Dom costume Will be maxed) but soon will have Elena (got her in costume as well) and Norns maxed… waiting on a 5* green still but got everything to max one… hoping if it’s from tc20 it’s Lianna LoL… but yeah I did at one point put more $ into pulls and as much as I can’t complain as I got decent 4s …5s come when you’re least expect it… unless you got hundreds to burn … but I like the suprise now…it’s so much more rewarding then paying and not getting…

And yes it takes alot to Max 5s

Get your farm’s and mine’s up first then storages then TCs…once you get to sh12 have all 3 going tc11 that’s 32 feeders a day…make sure to get as far as you can in events and rare quests

There’s calenders in here so you can know what quests are coming…like rn it’s frostmarch … Sept 7 it’ll be farholme…I don’t expect you to get the 4* AMs rn but get those 3* ones!

Again if you have line feel free to contact me anytime :heart:

2 Likes

Well, good move leaving Onterrible. No wonder you’re so happy.

1 Like

:laughing: yeah well I do miss cottage country… nothing like going to honey harbor for May 24

All Rivers here in Calgary…a d damn cold ones from the mountains

Well, you should have carried on to Victoria. The Island is fantastic, and I’m a mountain kid.

1 Like

My plans are to get to Victoria in the next couple year’s (to live) … just stuff Gotta take care of here first… yeah BC is beautiful

1 Like

1 Like

:smile: Love it …and Chuck is awesome

1 Like

Valentine promotion (along with the same kind of promotion) is something that F2P has to consider.
Apart from VIP, this kind of gems sharing promotions are the only thing I consider to purchase because I do not want to be a free rider to the rest of your friends in the alliance.

The gems received per member from the promotion if all 30 members buy the promotion will be 1100+ gems which definitely best value ever… My alliance friends even donate little amount of money to completely F2P players to buy this promotion…hahaha.

3 Likes

Yeah I did notice that they did the gem gift when
2nd taverns came round… maybe to get ppl a couple pulls and then wanna buy more? LoL I dunno but yeah that’s the best one…if you’re gonna buy gems might as well share the love

In one of the AMAs, Staff mentioned that the Valentine promotion was their most popular promotion in terms of revenue. They found our weakness! Everybody is willing to freeload off the company, but not their buddies. Result: the company makes more money. Even our love can be turned against us; how very like Valentine’s Day.

3 Likes

4d60yx

2 Likes

Thank you so much for clarifying :slight_smile: Happy gaming to you!

1 Like

Sorry, I do not mean to ninja the thread to ask questions, but, I hope you do not mind; What qualifies as “unfarmable” items? Thank you so much for the advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Gwniver
Unfarmable item’s are ascension mats you
cannot get in maps so a farmable one would be Boots or scabbards etc non farmable are like trap tools orbs compasses etc…and of course 4* AM’s the only time you can farm them is during rare quests like we just had frostmarch and the last 2 stage’s had a cape and a telescope…both used to ascend blue 4/5 * hero’s… The scopes only for 5*

And that’s more then ok again I welcome the questions I had so much help from the community… seems only Fair I pay it forward!

2 Likes

If there’s anything else who’s meaning is not apparent, there’s always the Fictionary.

3 Likes