Why I love LB2s

Great topic. While initially I was going to lb2 bastet as one of my best attack heroes that can also tank or flank on defense I’m now strongly considering investing in some key 4s for pretty much the reasons you mention. Namely they become relevant in war and raids gain. Hit 2 lb2 Ludwig in war yesterday. The taunt was unironically a non factor.

After just going 6 times into a LB2 Ludwig in this last war, I noticed no impact on my game. Same with raids and going into a plethora of other LB2 from Jove to Furdinand. I decided to hold off and not use my aethers and will probably hold off for a while longer until it all settles in.

If nothing else, the LB2 will greatly help people with content completion.

1 Like

The effects will be most visible in a year’s time, when lots of playes will have their war defense broken twice but only few attack heroes will be maxed. Another very unsettling aspect is the fact that LB3 is coming… and by that time it will be next to impossible for all but the whales to LB3 a hero fresh out of the portal because you’ll need 5 elemental aethers, 10 alpha aethers and, on top, whatever zynga will see fit for the third limit break. So unless money is unlimited or a reset token for aethers is introduced, LB3 of a new hero will be a nightmare for 99% of the players. Most people will be forced to LB3 the heroes that already are LB2, just like today, most people are using alpha aethers on the heroes that already are LB1. And so on… LB4 will make it harder, LB5, 6, 7… we’ll keep chasing the carrot that always gets further and further away…

2 Likes

The views of my good friend @Mr.Spock … again asserting that 4* and 3* may be good candidates to have some fun in attack. And don’t sweat the defence.

Take a look at the Li Xiu near the end!

9 Likes
1 Like

For now there are some niches we can exploit in the early 2LB era, I think later we will feel the drag offensively, there comes a point where power creep makes a difference in stats. Early S5 I didn’t feel it too bad with 1 or 2 new heroes out in teams, but once there were many teams loaded with the newest heroes I felt the age of my roster, they just couldn’t kill through teams like they were in S4 often leaving heroes low health to decimate me.

So changed around some, stopped using Anzogh’s cause they just lost enough of their damage impact with the higher stats to work effectively, dropped some others out like ursena too. I suspect the LB2 era will be similar, ways you killed thru teams don’t change with a single hero being buffed up, but facing full defenses this will change and your approach will need to as well.

So let’s not rush the next LB levels, we need time to manage through one of these at a time, the stats compounded to a full team will make a difference especially as new heroes with better skills/stats will not stop either.

1 Like

coming back to this comment, this is me grudgingly LB2ing Proteus…

2 Likes

Everyone worried about the availability of aethers. I don’t buy aether, apart from POV, and I don’t farm or do mystic vision. My rewards from events are all bottom tier. I’ve missed a quest or two, yet I’ve 16 5 star heroes limit broken, 62 heroes in total, and I’ve quite a few aether built up. They’ve been pretty generous with the first round of aethers, so let’s be optimistic with this round, and the next. People have jumped the gun and jumped ship when it’s nowhere near as bad as first imagined. It actually gives free and cheap to play a little boost, if they use them wisely.

1 Like

What is a massive thing here is right now most of us at the top are either sat holding them or have already LB2 a war tank.

So if the F2P/C2P use them on 3* for the foreseeable future you are owning 3* tournaments because I have not used them on mine. And won’t for a long time.

So this strategy flips the dynamic. Now sure, they start selling them and the world changes but again…the top will want Warteams done…so at least 50 Alpha Aether before any other heroes even get a look in.

So if you are wondering what to do with them I see no reason not to take the better 3* and boss them.

4 Likes

If back then LB1 had added effects (assuming same distribution), it would have been more well received. Now locking the effects behind a second LB feels too far away.

Also, looking into the far future: 3* have only 3 chevrons, 4* and 5* have four. If the trend of having flat stat boosts continue, all rarities will be the closest by LB3 but then LB4 will leave 3* in the dust.

I limit broke Mr. Pengi to speed up my autoplay team, the next in line are Kalø, Ludwig, Mother North and Ferrant (my complete autoplay team).

For sure as of now the supply is equal for everyone but as soon as SGG would open the arther portal we can expect to see the first changes.

For sure everyone is happy with their heroes becoming more powerful but Eather’s Powers aren’t going to help having a balanced game… as if there is balance ATM, lol.

Anyway, having to power up again and again heroes to keep their viability stinks and future cases of post release-nerfs would strike power levelers harder than ever.

It would be interesting to see Tournaments 75 gem usage before and after these changes in a time span of 1 year in the future to see if players would still bother to enter them again.

1 Like

I am actually agree LB2 idea, but very object to the very much increasing to the stats.

I predicted after the very 1st Alpha Aether summon portal, the alliance wars and the tournament will significantly be advantageous to fully LB2 teams.

As have said earlier in LB-1 and same for LB-2… I don’t find anything crazy except the stats boost and the Aether Power Buff is useful addition which is an add-on to the LB-2.

• I support this introduction.

I haven’t used my ALPHA Aethers bcoz, I have a feeling that I will use them first on Epic heroes to bring them into the Legendary use pool… which would be super cool solutions as I don’t have some Legendaries… for their type specials… and also they will get used more in the Legendary pool.

Current favourites are:

• C2 LiXiu & Waddles = I don’t have Kulervo & Bubbles
  • Ana-Belle = I don’t have Snowhite

Since there is no :fire: burning, I am taking my time…but got the food & feeders ready for the level up when I want.

3 Likes

Peeped into the video and didn’t find anything new…

Pictures of LB2 LiXiu, Waddles, C2 Kiril, many 3* heroes have been doing rounds from day-1… which show them to be good options instead off one Legendary.

I am considering : C2 LiXiu, Waddles, Ana-Belle = which will bring them to the frequent Legendary play.

3 Likes

I’ll behave exactly as I did with LB1. I’ll work on my weaker heroes, specifically 4* I’d use in wars. I LB2 Hansel, Gretel and Ametrine. They’re as strong as some of my stronger 5*. I’ll have fun with them. Next in line are The Pig, yellow W3K 4* healer and blue 4* W3K hero. Li Xiu and Kalo too. Sabina also.
As against LB2 as I am because of power creep reasons, I admit they’ll help with my weaker heroes.

2 Likes

If Small Giant did NOT make Alpha Aethers available in any purchasable way, and the quest had fixed rewards (say 10 Aethers a month), I wouldn’t be anywhere near as against Alpha Aethers as I am. The problem is that they will, and this will unleash exactly the issues that Mis pointed out.

Right now, if the next tournament is 3 stars only, you can limit break your entire defense if you use 5 Aethers and shine for now… Until you start realizing what you’ll be up against. Defense teams are usually rainbow. Attack teams are not. If you’re running with your Treevil LB2 against a 5 LB2 team, it’s fine, but next to your Treevil, what heroes will you have? You generally aren’t going to attack with your defense team. Do you also limit break ALL your attacking heroes? How many do you need to break? And do you pick and choose your 3 / 4 star tournaments?

The -moment- the Aethers become mass-available / are bought, you’ll start seeing the problems of your undeniably powerful 4 star heroes of nowadays: They’ll be against full LB2 5 star teams, and their advantage will not be anywhere -near- as noticeable. I agree that the fact that LB2s benefit lower star counts harder than higher star counts may mean the field levels out, but then you notice that Prof. Lidenbrock’s overheal is much stronger than Faiez, no matter their stats… And it becomes obvious that the tradeoff is not worth it.

I stll think that LB2ing 3 and 4 stars right now is the best F2P / C2P approach, mind you, just because you can get anywhere from 3 to 10 hero’s worth your money versus a single five star, but all you’re doing is setting your main team back even more versus spenders that will inevitably be able to buy the Aethers.

4 Likes

And sooner than almost anyone probably seriously thought.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna post this under a alpha aether offer thread, but it seems they’ve all been closed for some reason, so… here goes

"Just wait for the home team to organize and they’ll be allover these threads telling you how this is infact a good thing and selling alpha aethers next day after they’re released is actually good for the game, but we’re too narrow minded to see it. "

7 Likes

I have opened many mystical visions these days, a special chest and won a war. I haven’t seen any alpha aethers. Neither I, nor any of the members of my alliance.

Today is the first day that I can get nothing more and nothing less than ten of them, paying €227.94!!!

You explain this to someone and they don’t believe it. We have already reached the limit of the absurd. €227.94!

1 Like

This thread didn’t age well lol. This was trying desperately to try and look at the glass half full. It was a stretch but nice try,

Of course, these aether will have to be used and doubtless, players will find creative ways to use them. But nothing to love here. You can’t put lipstick on a pig. Especially with the deals just introduced. What good is having a few 3 stars alpha broken when you war against people with 2-3 alpha broken defense heroes???

I actually think this won’t happen too much because there is such disgust at the deals, even the whales are scoffing. But the point is, someone CAN just spend a few hundred to limit break a few heroes. Basically, throw out ALL strategy. All you need is cash. It’s a business no one is saying don’t make yore coin, but this is appalling. And not worth the bad press. This is a nightmare. Can you imagine what the app reviews will be like tomorrow. This makes zero business sense. They are literally choking their goose that lays golden eggs. lol

13 Likes