Why I love LB2s

So I kept an open mind about them. Gave myself a fair chance to hate them like (apparently) 99% of the player population. Read up on them, and finally pulled the trigger today on 2 heroes - Shrubbear and Tree. And I am officially in love with them.

Pretty much as with LB1s - but to an even greater extent - LB2s help to bridge the gap between 3s, 4s and 5*s, That is because the stat gains are pretty much constant for each tier but the end effect is that the relative stat difference between the 3 shrinks.

For example
LB2ing 3* Tree
Attack + 44
Defense + 51
Health + 91

Lb2ing 4* Ferant
Attack + 41
Defense + 40
Health + 98

Lb2ing 5* Sobek
Attack + Attack + 48
Defense + 42
Health + 92

Meaning sobek’s attack/defense ratio to Tree goes from (based on the ones I have) 989/613 = 1.61 to 1037/664 = 1.56

That’s just for the initial LB step! There are 5 more levels that bridge the gap further.

I also love the fact that so much strategising has to go into choosing which 3s, 4s and 5*s are to be LB2’d - where their abilities will be most useful, which areas of the game you want to improve, where you make a calculated decision to take a hit and face a more uphill battle. Here the fact that you can’t reset LB2s is a POSITIVE thing for me.

By the end of it this is what my Tree and Shrub look like:

And in low to mid diamond they won 5/6 raids vs some pretty top level defenses including one with LB Ludwig.

Some of the LB2 powers give a really big advantage in offense too, for example Shrub’s up-front taunt (see @15:00 in the video).

Now at some point all defenses MAY be flooded with LB2s and life will become slightly more difficult - but for the 6 months/1 year/infinity or whatever time frame that this is not the case everyone has a chance to revitalise and reinvigorate older heroes or lower tier heroes for maximum effect and enjoyment.

I personally intend to also LB C Sabina and then look into what other 3s with quality specials I can convert into 4/5s. For those who don’t have deep rosters - this is a chance to instantly boost your depth by 10 very usable heroes! Also keep in mind that just as with LB1s 3s tournies became super difficult without fielding your own LBd 3s - this will be even more apparent with LB2s.

So who wants to sign a petition with me to bring LB3s to the game sooner? :slight_smile:

43 Likes

ok i get it, you don’t like Dyna and you are provoking him… tell us why? :frowning:

Twenty and a bit whats?
@Dyna49 is this true?

99% on forum now start rant for another paywall milking e.t.c and Dyna will feel duty protect you SG Zynga TT, tell us when will be this guy sleep?

3 Likes

Ah well believe it or not some people speak up on this forum when they genuinely believe in that thing… even if its not a complaint, or is an unopular opinion.

And nothing paywalled about LBing 5 to 10 3s and making them virtual 5s.

So you want to sign my petition?

5 Likes

I like this… also considering 3* and 4*… they payoff seems to be greater.

7 Likes

@Homaclese
I think we all accepted that LB2 would arrive at some point in 2023 …. But for me personally I thought it would be just another stats boost …

So I wasn’t a fan of how LB2 was implemented to be fair ….

And I wasn’t pleased how SG ignored the majority of the improvement suggestions made in Beta ….

That said my thinking now is going back to when I joined this game back in 2019 … I remember the alliance leadership in my first “teaching” alliance saying - start with your 3* heroes first, when you have a good set of those move to your 4* heroes and together they will all win you the mats to advance your 5* heroes…. This is a game of patience :grinning:

So now looking at my 3* and thinking which of these should I consider first …

Edit: I know LB3 will be in the plans, but I can wait a while for them to arrive, don’t encourage them lol

12 Likes

To me the answer is the ones whose specials you can use in 4* and 5* formats too. Thats why tree and shrub were instant picks for me. Maybe bee guy becomes a viable anti minion hero now too. Then maybe the ones that can br used against titans with attack up defense down or edd. Dawn has potential as do a nunber of new event heroes i havent levelled. Im going to have a sit and evaluate all the specials available.

This is of course on my ptp account. Choices are much more limited on ftp account. Seriously considering tyrum_c tyrum as he is my go to dispeller and cleanser in 3* and 4* tournies

3 Likes

I just came to say a huge thank you @Homaclese for going out of your way to test these on the 3* and 4*'s as you have done. I admit, that even for myself I am maybe still being somewhat short sighted in just thinking about my 5* heroes!

I am personally still holding on to my Alpha Aethers for the time being whilst I have other projects and heroes that I want to focus on. I also appreciate that maybe i’ll be putting myself behind the proverbial curve - but, as with something of this nature, I want to make sure I give it the attention it deserves!

But, this has really helped me to look at those 3’s and 4’s in a more favourable light :slight_smile:

3 Likes

these are great observations, thank you for sharing these. I already LB2ed a 4*, and will do a few more key ones when the time comes. But your post makes me think, maybe I should do sooner rather than later…

I hated the idea of them at first too, but freely admit - they are here now, I can ignore them or I can use them, but whatever happens I have to deal with them.

I will pass thanks… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I’d like a bit of a breather before they come… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I had no opinion before it was introduced. Now I watch the development in wars, raids and forum. And then I decide. So easy. Threads like this are helpful. Thanks @Homaclese.

3 Likes

I understand your calculations. But I think there are a few things which must be considered.

• First - yeah, LB2 3* has stats of naked S1 5*. But If we’d want to fully compare them, I think we must take into account the final result (not just the initial gain in stats).

• the nonlinearity of the damage plot.

• what is the point of comparing 3* & 5* in the first place? Apart from some challenges and funsies, it’s just for the sake of speculation.

• why it’ll cause more imbalance? Let’s look at challenge events - if I’d want to be on the same level as I was before, I’d need to LB2 all of my challenge event heroes. The same is with titans (Mythic especially).

• 3* and 4* tournaments are the places where they will cause the most imbalance. These are the tournaments, where FTP and C2P players can really shine, because of the relative ease of obtaining the best heroes in this class. The stat differences here play a bigger role than in the 5*. It’s not possible to compete with naked 3* and +20LB 3*. It’s hard to compete with +20 3* and +20 LB 3*. Now, it will be impossible to compete with +20 and +20 LB2 3*. Competing with +20 LB 3* will be hard against them. So the players will be forced to LB2 these guys, having no alpha aethers for the 5*, leaving them even more behind the big spenders.

13 Likes

I guess the alpha aether update isn’t so bad. At first i thought it was a very bad idea like some others.

Ill sign your petition if they promise to increase the drop rates of all the 4* ascension mats, 5* aether balls, emblems, and troops.

I sure am!

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha. Oh man, love these. Yea, I totally have SGG/Zynga drop daily deposits into my bank account for “defending” them! Love it! I’m rich now!

Your “trolling” skills need a rework. Don’t you have to go yell at the kids to get off your lawn?

1 Like

Troll thread
20 characters blah blah

2 Likes

Troll post.
Blah blah blah

Not a bad idea actually to go back to basics as you say and focus on 3s and 4s

I mean look at this…

Crazzzzy

10 Likes

I love the LB2’s. What will make me start to despise their addition is if we have to deal with the randomness of summoning to get more of them instead of being able to buy them without dealing with a portal.