WHY I like Limit-Breakers & anything new coming to the game

I have a feeling that the LB quests will be like the elemental quests, pop up in 10 days or weekly at best… to cover all the 5 elements. We will find out.

I feel, SG will keep the process a bit slow to not have a run away craziness to start with as players explore creative ways to use the LBs
instead of
the obvious 5* heroes for defence (which, for me is boring), which will have to wait as the Aethers being given out are very less for a 5* breaking …

1 Like

@Artamiss : I am amazed that from my OP, you understood that :grinning:

I found a way to play, have fun with all those high TP teams is what I have written… & not crib / complain.

I shared that point to showcase a comparison that as an enhancement tool, emblems & LBs are no different, just vary a bit = There is no reason for all complaints floating around.

Game is NOT about only defence teams… & 5* defence teams will fall with attack team & board combo, which will always play a key role in the game-play !!

2 Likes

@SamMe : I am most times thru the day at 2700 cups = face mostly 4700+TP teams with all 5 heroes @ 20 emblems & high troops.

I am in an Alliance that is ranked between 250 to 300 most times = I face TOP team power in wars.

We finished mythicT somewhere around to 170…

So I know what I am speaking about… & politely want to point out = players don’t need beta experts to certify what is right or not… yes, info is good but the decisions / verdict should be left to each player.
&
Since, SG has moved forward with things despite beta tester’s views … Maybe its time for overhaul of existing beta teams… & introduce fresh mindset-style-creativity… is what I feel.

cheers !!

Excellent counter points.

5 LB defence team will face the same 3-2, 4-1, mono teams who depends on the board. Also, using all LBs only on 5*s for defence team is boring & will not give any major advantage except extra tats which can be fairly easily whacked in contest.

I have been thinking of some key 3 / 4* like Nordri, Brienne, C. Gunnar, Jott, Frank, Wabbit, etc… that would benefit from LBs as they play important roles in Events, Tournaments, Titans which are fun too…

Big problem is that you can’t undo LB!

Emblems can be moved around relatively easily so there is no mistakes or doubts when you emblem a hero.

If there is a reset for LB then it would be more acceptable.

If LB add something new then it would be more acceptable also.

They add only stats, why not make all heroes maxed level increase by 20 or something without any new unnecessary mechanic or just add a secondary troops or equipment that can be globally used?

Now we have 3 levelling layers for a hero which is a bad design (Normal levelling, Emblems and LB)

7 Likes

here → [Master Discussion] - Mirages of Omega (Limit Breaker) Quest - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

1 Like

Actually we don’t use C Mel but we use C Rigard a lot (we have players that use 5 teams with him full emblemed)!

The problem here is that, will you use your “aethers” in your favorite 4* or will you use them in your main war defense team?

Since your in a TOP 100 alliance, you’ll notice that once people start LB+ they won’t change their defenses that much (remember GTV?), so get ready for repetitive wars…

2 Likes

I’d rather use on my favorite 4*.

A limit broken hero vs a regular maxed emblemed hero that has a better special… I would certainly choose the the latter.

People are aware that there are no take-backs with LB and that they will be scarce, so there will be no rush to make long-term decisions on which 5s to go with. 4s on the other hand are much easier to decide on and will offer instant bang for buck

2 Likes

I have tried to be a voice of calm and rational in the other chat it seems pointless people already have their negative views and it’s just not going to change like I’ve always said… running water never goes stale so you just got to keep on moving they’ve got to be like water and find their own fun instead of being stale in the river of hatred…

2 Likes

I suppose I simply can’t agree with your masochistic outlook on this.

1 Like

@Rook seeeee i can be nice when it matters :laughing:

1 Like

Yes. Yes you can. :grin:

1 Like

I intend to use aethers on certain 4* that I already regularly use every war (Rigard+20, Melendor+20, I’m looking at you!)

4* are not necessarily inferior, depending on synergy and who they are facing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reminder that the topic in this thread is “Why I like Limit-Breakers…”

Please stay on topic here. There are already several existing LB threads available to state a negative or opposing opinion. Thanks!

4 Likes

Booooooom kitty has claws :kiss:

I feel left out on my thread. :sob:

1 Like

I’m thinking of giving jott some love of aether.

1 Like

Awww!

I’m undecided on Limit-Breakers, but I was so on emblems, and I love them now. Maybe all I need is time. :wink:

2 Likes

Seems to me the existence of this thread:

Shows one reason why these things are a positive impact. One of the core themes in this game is the overall management and juggling of rosters - deciding where to focus efforts to ascend, max, and emblem heroes (and how to emblem them), based on individual priorities of war attack, war defense, raids, tournies, PVE events, etc.

Adding a new dimension to this - one where the decision is irreversible - actually makes you think further about which direction you want to take your own roster. The discussions in that thread show this is happening That additional touch of customisation and strategy vibes with me as this is one of the areas that I most enjoy in the game. And I don’t think it is going to pan out how some doomsayers have predicted where all of the focus is on war defence heroes, or at least not exclusively so. And that is a good thing.

3 Likes

This game has no ending so it wasn’t surprising that once we got to state of 100 Emblem defences being normal that they had to find a way through that.

Sure there will be some offers for them here or there (like Emblems I’m guessing) but the fact you can just grow your heroes from playing the game is, to me at least, pretty cool.

My favourite bit is the fact that once spent that’s it. Means you have to think about it a little more. For example in my roster Finley and Frigg are obvious choices since I use them both in my offence and defence. They will get a lot of use from them. But currently my tank is Freya and that’s pretty much her job for me. I use her to auto play stuff as well but from a “player input” perspective I’m not really getting a lot from LB’s on her. Whereas I use the likes of Clarissa, Kageburado and Malicna on my offence all the time.

So do I want to make my defence a little tougher which is a passive and boring or boost a hero I actually use all the time? Makes for interesting choices.

And for newer players the ability to super-charge Rare and Epic means you can more than compete in those tournaments and those levels of events too. I’m going to do that as well but down in Rare and Epic there’s a lot more diversity of heroes I find. Deciding which Rare yellow I boost is going to be a challenge for sure. Same goes for red and green. Lots of viable choices all jumping up and down for LB’s

1 Like