Why I dont spend money with this game

Yeah I feel ya. 300 pulls for the new ninjas, got me 4 of the completely useless hotm. I mean useless. If I had no other green 5* to max, I just wouldn’t max one. 100 of him aren’t worth a grand.

They probably didn’t even put the new ninjas in the portal.

yeah, I think the point was that the odds are too low in the first place. That’s what I would be ranting about anyway, if I really cared that much :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Save up your grey tokens, like a lot. Use them and when you get a 1 star troop and then a two star troop. Use a single ETT, 5 out of 10 times you will get a 4 star. (Conformation bias warning) :thinking:

Oddly, I was pretty lucky with 4 star troops with the exception of Ninjas and kind of managed to defy the odds mostly. Maybe that is just confirmation bias? However, I was also blessed with a seeming unending number of 3*s.

EDIT: I should add that almost everything was green. :thinking:

1 Like

:rofl::joy: that applied to me for a long time. Now it’s bluuuuueee all the way.

Chronic shortage of red and purple still.

Bear with it . The tide will change. Eventually.

2 Likes

Ah colour imbalance:) I had tons of 4* green and yellow and red mana troops, but only recently completed my collection of blue and purple…

With heroes, Red lagged behind for a bit too, didn’t get a non-vanilla red until 2 years in…

2 Likes

Why you spend money on this game: the game is built on a gacha mechanism that forces you to spend and your addicted mind has transformed the reality, letting you to believe that spending is for entertainment.
Movies or amusement parks leaves you long term values like memories…what this game gives you after you have spent hundreds of dollars for (maybe) a hero that becomes obsolete the next months? the need of spending more and yet believing that you are doing it for a feeling that resembles accomplishment while is dependency and compulsion.
Stop lying to yourselves guys, it’s clear what this game is all about and yet you say that is entertainment

3 Likes

My goodness, thanks for the advice on my addictions and how my mind is being controlled. Since I did not authorize this evaluation, I will not be sending you payment for the psychiatric advice.

So I saved on medical care and now I have a few extra bucks on an entertainment game that brings me happiness. Sounds like a win in my book!

3 Likes

I had to stop playing after 4+ years to see my first non vanilla 5* red.
And I never had the pleasure to train (or see) the big cat.

4+ years to not complete vanilla collection is simply unacceptable.

1 Like

Why play lowball?
Move to Europe, so you save BIG bucks on your healthcare and retirement plan.
Then you can go whaling on E&P and still have a black bottom line :wink:
[Just avoid the Netherlands, welfare is not that great there as time passes]

2 Likes

But that’s where I live… sob though the Netherlands is still miles (kilometers) ahead of my home country lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not spending any money on this game because I don’t want to. In 4 years I could have easily sunk a few thousand dollars here, making my modest contribution to the conditioning air system of one of the dev’s villa. However, I choose not to. I enyoied the game for free (because it is free, isn’t it, no need to spend a dime) and I will continue to do so, until it isn’t free anymore or I find something better.

Back when I started playing, I never thought I’ll still do this after 4 years, so I saw no need to spend money on a match three game I was gonna quit soon, anyway. As I started playing more and more and getting attached to E&P, many times I considered breaking bad and throwing in a few hundred a month to get me some fancy heroes like Guineviere or Gravemaker, or whoever was on top back then. Glad I did not, as today those top heroes are kind of worthless. I might have regreted not spending to get them, if the game kept ballance and they’d still be relevant, but today those expensive heroes are gathering dust while their owners keep spending to get new toys. Still, the company refuzes access to old heroes for non spenders. I’m deeply disgusted with the way this game evolved. Glad I didn’t spend a dime on it.

2 Likes

Just remember to move to - let’s say - France by the time you are 62/65 :wink:
If you like sunny climate southern Spain and Portugal are solid choices too :relieved:
Italy would be great also if only… well, it wasn’t Italy :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t begrudge spending money on the game. Someone has to pay. Genuinely free stuff is hard to find outside open source projects. Some apps I use have gone from free to subscription since I have been using them. I just choose to pay. Small devs have to eat and successful devs are entitled to a reward.

2 Likes