Why do you not use all 6 flags in war?

The only time I didn’t use all of my flags in war was the time I fell asleep waiting for someone more in my league to regenerate (to not waste a flag on a low to zero point hit). A mistake, as I would never intentionally not use all my flags; even if I knew I wouldn’t do much damage at all, what the hel else am I supposed to use them for?!

Only logical reasons to not use your war flags would simply be forgetting, being busy with RL stuff, or falling asleep before you get a chance to use them.

Anything else, to me, doesn’t make sense. Even the ones with only 2* teams left could still hit a few times and flee; gotta do it before either the revenge bar or healer is set to go off, but still possible to earn a point or two outta that.

3 Likes

If you have 2* that are at 1-1, what you can do is bring a monochrome team and focus on one of the opponent’s heroes. Keep an eye on any source that will heal their team. If they are about to get a heal and you do not feel that you can kill any of their heroes before that happens, simply flee. You earn points based on the condition of their defense at the time you chose to flee with no penalties.

6 Likes

If you flee, you can keep the points for the damage done. Watch the healer/healing bar and flee before they go off.

5 Likes

If you hit and flee before healer heals you cant do 0 damage and surely score point/s.

2 Likes

I agree. You wont find your answers here.

Optout of war or get kicked is what I say.

3 Likes

Its something Ive been watching for a while. I haven’t got my Alliance to 100%, but we usually have less hits left than the opposition. So I am coming not only from my own group, but watching others as well.

Some of the answers here echo what I have heard in game.

My current assumption that other than access limitations and indifference, there is ignorance and\or fear.

Seems too many players feel that they have to fight a group “within their level” and will not use unleveled heroes or wait till time is up to keep from “wasting” a flag.

Im just reaching out for any other reasons that I may have missed.

Dont take it the wrong way but one reason is you.

You should make them to communicate, listen and act as you say.

You are the leader. Dictate or ask questions here.

1. Warning: who doesnt use 6 flags optout. And fair warning to be kicked.
    2 second war: did not optout and did not use 6 flags > kick.

And make alliance invite only.

Good luck!

For the life of me I can’t think of anything else.

I think it is important to stress theat you NEVER waste a flag. The flag is gone after anyways. So try to do what you can. I am sure there have been a lot of close wars and that flag could be very important.

2 Likes

Sneaky%20player

2 Likes

In some wars of mine I don’t even have to use all the flags I have to win.
Last war I used just 5 flags and the result was 3500 points for me to 3200 points for my opponent with all of his 6 flags.
I just feelt that I don’t need to make him feel way bad than he already feels. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

If you’re not putting in 100% effort will you kick yourself :thinking::yum:

9 Likes

Lamo
20 loud laughters

1 Like

The question of the topic was about reasons for those who don’t use all the flags. I gave one of possible reasons. I like all the responses I received even though I didn’t give my reason. :wink:

It is probably a question of time and real life.
In addition to mobile internet connection, work duties, and general attitude towards work vs. play.

I live in Central Europe and work in an office.
My mobile internet connection around the office is insufficient.
In addition, my superiors may not appreciate my taking time away from my work to play a mobile phone game.
Neither do I appreciate the mental stress of knowing that I still have to “fulfill a duty” in a mobile phone game (free time activity) while working on a project for my boss.

My job pays my bills. This game does not.

Thus, I was able to use my 2nd 3 flags for the mid-week war only at 23.30 Wednesday evening or at 06.30 Thursday morning.

As I do not appreciate having to do this immediately after waking up in the morning while still half asleep, I ended up 1. staying awake until 23.30 on Wednesday (during the work week) to do those war hits, or -if I was dog tired - 2. going to bed, setting the alarm for 23.30, waking up when the alarm went off, doing my duty to the alliance, and then going back to sleep.

Needless to say, I got thoroughly tired of arranging my real life around a mobile phone game, sacrificing sleep and rest - which I need for my real life - in order to fulfill an obligation in a game.

Thus, I was overjoyed when the individual opt out from AW was introduced. I gladly took advantage of it and freed myself of this annoying obligation.

Tl;dr:

Some people may just not appreciate arranging their real life around a mobile phone game. My 2 cents.

Edit:
I am a 4000+ team power player. Which does imply that I play this game with some dedication.
However, when a game interferes with my real life, it is time to draw a line. As I did.

I have no idea why casual players should even consider arranging their lives around a game which they play casually.

4 Likes

A 0 point attack is much better than an unused flag. There is effort and learning in a 0 point attack.

3 Likes

Agree 100%. It is always good to try.

You have every right to your style of gameplay and the Opt Out made the game a better fit for you. You are not hurting anyone and I can respect that. I wish more were like you.

2 Likes

@Hcmitchellr

Thank you, dear. :kissing_heart:

Now, my alliance leader gave me permission to use the individual opt out. He is a great guy and he wants his members to be happy and content in the alliance.

I wonder whether this permission is given so freely in other alliances as well.
If not, this may be a reason (to my mind) for players to grudgingly utilize a few war flags, and then the h… with it.

The one I run, I encourage people to opt out if they feel they can’t commit 100%. I see nothing to lose by it. I’d rather have 5 members giving all than have 30 sound whatever.

My main account is a member of a high ranking alliance and members only opt out if they are not going to have access to the game during the war.

However, in some cases (more so the first) it is still an issue.

Replies have been helpful and pretty much confirm what I was thinking. Thanks all

3 Likes

Actually, this is really good advice. I’m still a growing alliance and i want it to be a place people can come at a low level and be ok to work up. (We all start from the bottom)
It’s been frustrating to see people only hit once and leave it at that.
Ty.

1 Like