Why do you need multiple teams?

Well, I’ve learned that hard way… We won the Alliance War, but I was pretty much useless… Okay, deal lots of damage, ended as the second attacker… Only because my first team was crazy strong and I’ve destroyed the top attacker’s… But that was it… The rest of the war I was hopelessly watching… Why???
During the Alliance War, you can use each hero only once and that’s it… Don’t worry, your defense team is still gonna be in the game, but only for defense, you can’t attack with the already used hero…
And my second team was useless… And I had only 2 teams…
During the beginning of the game, I was mostly concentrated on building my primary (or defense) team… That’s not good for Alliance Wars…
Now I’ve 5 pretty much strong teams… Yeah, my primary team is still the best, but other 4 are also good enough for wars…
And not only that… As you progress through the game, you’re gonna find missions where all monsters are of the same kind… My primary team wasn’t always the best choice for such missions… Even a weaker, second or third team was a better choice for such missions than crazy strong, but mixed primary one…
I hope that this helps new players… Don’t make the same mistake as I did… Work on other teams as well…
And last advice, be patient… I know, we all want to ascend our heroes as soon as possible… There’s a catch though… I’ve lost Epic hero because I was in rush… Don’t do that mistake as I did… It’s an expensive one, just trust me on that :joy:

Don’t forget you can lock your favourite heroes so you don’t accidentally eat them. Roster depth comes a lot easier once you get.that first team out of the way. Materials come easier and game mechanics begin to open up as you have more options on attack.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint. Everyone above you has done many, many laps already. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yep, learned that the hard way… That’s why we’ve mistakes, to learn from them, right :wink:

3 Likes

Another tip for newer players is that if you lack depth, you can still contribute beyond the top couple teams. What you do is pick 5 heroes of the same color and attack a team with a tank (center hero) that is weak against that color. You won’t win, but, you will do some damage and maybe knock out the tank making it easier for an alliance member to take them out.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to flee when field aid is on but before it gies odd if you’ve done damage and the likelihood of doing more is minimal. Don’t go backwards.

1 Like

And only recently found out the hero lock key (or making it favorite), thank you guys from my alliance… That way you don’t need to put all heroes in the teams… Just lock them…
TBH, it’s made a bit weird, when you pull up your hero, lock key seems to be dimmed, kinda behind the hero screen, but it actually works…
The same thing works for troop as well…
That way you won’t accidentally feed either hero or troop… And they don’t need to be on the team…
Exactly what @Snowdoggydogg wrote, but for some reason, I didn’t do it then…