Why do people take this game so seriously? Alliance Meltdown

Welcome back to the forum.
Perhaps you should post this in the alliance recruitment section? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

In my opinion. This game is not even really built well for serious competitive play. It seems like it was introduced as a casual game like most mobile games, then tried to implement some kind of competition down the line. (To be fair. ALOT of Mobil publishers seem to be doing that). So yeah i think some people take it way too seriously. You are right the rewards are not worth getting so worked up over. it sucks that your alliance went down hill. sounds like it was the kind off alliance you needed and wanted then just took a turn for the worst. iMO your thinking is properly In-line. Its the alliance that went bad. I guess that means you’ll have to find a new one. there are many many good alliances that still gear towards casual players which is great. I hope you find what you need so you can continue to enjoy the game.

1 Like

I attack Titans as much as I am able, despite 2* titan loot nearly always being pretty crap. We ( holy penguins 2 ) need more players willing to actively attack titans and participate in wars to win more.

This game is not my life! I play it to relax, though getting a bad board that has me losing a raid I should easily win, or where I only do 4 digits in damage to a titan, sucks. Eh. Just a game that costs no money. :slight_smile:

When it comes to wars I check out the opposition to see their team strengths then pick the three strongest ones I definitely can beat. I don’t have the strongest bunch of heroes in this alliance so I just try to do the best I can.

I am not much on talking about anything but here goes I’m like you I’ve had everyone of the system, from the beginning I mean the beginning go ahead a laugh people use to play and have fun with all type of games won’t name off not that much time in the world to name all games i have played be you right just have fun enjoy it as much as you want.

1 Like

Welcome @creepysound, to the E&P community forum and thanks for your encouragement

Welcome @Supergirl44, to the E&P community forum and thank you for your thoughts. Please take the time to get familiar with this forum and its many valuable categories of information. Here are only some of the links to help you along (if you haven’t already seen this):

Seems like your alliance sought them out because they were good and competitive. So, ya kinda got what you asked for…lol. But all jokes aside, people who are super competitive need a place as well as those who are super chill. If they choose to spend 90% of their time in the game, it’s their life. Just shop for another alliance or tell your leader this isnt what the alliance should be about.

Some people spend a lot of money on the game so they want that investment to pay off. Why? Competition. I’ve bought more than I should have in the three (??) months I’ve been playing, but I’m having so much fun. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to find a good place to play a game with like-minded folks. All Over It is a somewhat small alliance, but we’re supportive of all our players. We don’t just chatter, we pop in tell folks if we had success,whine when we nail our third, fourth, fifth Grimm (arrrrgggghhhh), we’ve had folks build up and leave, BUT that’s okay. The core group is growing, and I’m confident it will stay that way. Our leader is strong. She gets frustrated with her own progress from time to time, and she’s built up her team WITHOUT money. I admire her for that. I’m impatient. the only expectations are that if you join us and are at level 12 that you either uncheck your war participation box or be sure to use as many flags as you can. If you’re not going to be inactive for a while, we ask that you let us know so we know you’re hanging with us. We’re from US, US, and Australia to name the ones I know of. We have members who NEVER chatter, and yet they participate constantly.

Gaming has always been an introverted sport. Feel free to join us and see how we function for a week or so. If you like what you experience stay. If you leave, we’ll wish you well. All we ask (noted not demand, but ask) is that you participate or at least let us know you’re gonna be absent for a bit. It’s only fair to the rest of the team.

Cleo from ALL OVER IT Alliance

2 Likes

If you’re interested in a laid back Alliance take a look at us, UNITED VETERANS. All we ask is you participate against Titans and in Alliance wars no egos, no pressure. Most of our members have been with us for a long time.

We’d be glad to have you with us.

1 Like

If you think you’re addicted, then you should stop. If you’re having fun and can manage your time around it, then stay. It’s the conflicting thoughts and what they do, that is harmful. People get in their head too much about those kind of things.
If you don’t like your alliance, quit. There are so many alliances. I like that I can just press a button when there’s drama brewing.
I’m wanting a deeper experience in the game and I’m starting to prefer that my fellow alliancers think that way too. I prefer strategy and the game is teaching me that. I am serious so I want like-minded people around me. It’s the people that vacillate that brings me down.

2 Likes

That’s what’s good with alliance I’m in f. E. A. R. Use your flags hit titans no melt downs some you win some you lose

I think it would be good that all players understand that the puzzles dictate victory or defeat well over 50% of the time whether it be field battles, raids, titan battles, or war battles. Just to use this as an example, I recently raided a player, who was ranked 1312th in the world with a team over 4400 power in strength. I used a team that was around 3700 team power to face them just for laughs. RNG let me beat them without losing a single hero. I had no business beating that player, and it was an easy revenge raid victory for them, I’m sure. As soon as the battle starts, that first glance of the puzzle with the arrangement of what colored tiles against what enemies already determines how the match will play out.

2 Likes

Hi you are welcome to join our game. Ohio Treaty.
We simply play our own game and enhance each other in war and against Titans. No orders. Occasionally kick off someone who is clearly not playing any more but allow the little people to grow. No orders. Just fun. Xandros

1 Like

I totally agree, and that has been an issue in my alliance as well. However since I am the leader I try to keep all that to a minimum. Some people are just wired that way, it’s not something u can control. There are alliances out there like mine that keep things casual/serious. So keep your head up and options open, you sound like a great player. :blush:

1 Like

I absolutely agree!!!

That is EXACTLY how my alliance is as well. So that just proves there are great, fun, understanding alliances out there. No need to stress and be unhappy. Thank you Cleo :blush:

Totally…

1 Like

I agree with you and everyone else that has said this.
He was clearly trying to go more competitive and serious, and just did it without asking anyone/everyone else, or heck, just saying to us all that he plans to do it and if we don’t like it, leave.

We’re doing great right now and won our last war lol.

It’s back to how it originally was, everyone is relaxed and more so right now over the holiday period.

2 Likes

Hi @notyou87, so it appears that you’re staying with the same alliance and “things have settled down”, did the individual (your leader) who instigated your dismay leave?…or does your leader along with your alliance (as a team) have a better understanding of your feelings now? I’m only asking because, as a new player (I’ve only been playing for about 6 months), I’ve been reading the responses to your original post for 8d and I’m wondering if you feel any better or just more satisfied (especially with the many replies from the E&P community forum that were supportive)?
By posting your dismay (in the form of a question regarding why certain people take this game so seriously), was it helpful and (perhaps) did you use it to reinforce your feelings to your leader/teammates?
@DaveCozy mentioned that “… it comes down to different goals, different lifestyle, etc.”, and I’m hoping that (from when this happened until now) the differences have been reconciled. Good Luck and I hope you/your team continue having fun…

1 Like

I know what u mean I recruited a guy someone didn’t use all flags so he left not waiting to see why it’s a game not a job

1 Like

Cookie Settings