Why do I even bother....signed 1 peeved player!

I love the game. It’s just nice to win now and then. You know what I mean?

1 Like

Absolutely! Do you have your watchtower to lvl10? After that you need to convert a building to a troop training camp then level up troops. If you want a great place to spend money there it is! I’ve seen teams with level 20 troops and it’s sick what even a weak hero can do! SG has done great at making things better for everyone and in your case, this would be a great avenue! Hopefully others will weigh in on this idea too.
Also, my xp has me at level 28 it’s winter so I have a lot of time, been playing since December. But I have had to grind and learn some hard lessons! Now that you’re on the forum, look around, there is a lot of great advice from awesome people and a lot of people with challenging questions too. Be a part of this community, you’ll enjoy that as well!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for grace extended and ideas/tips offered. Appreciate it.

3 Likes

I DO understand the frustration you feel. Guardians kicked my behind in December. I had used all my 3* heros to feed the better heros I got in good pulls. I wasn’t able to finish any of the tiers. Then Avalon hit in January and that kicked me down more.

But, those two events lit a fire within, and I started focusing on getting my main team leveled, then acquiring and leveling some 3* heros and some 2* troops. I went into this guardians a bit better prepared, but my 3* heros weren’t fully leveled and my troops only around level 2 or 3.

I am sitiing at 18,713 place at the moment, but was able to complete the beginner tier this time, with a minimum of battle items used.

I am not the best at strategy, but the team I used was: brienne, tyrum, gunnar, gan ju, jahangir, in that order.

1 Like

I know some have Pooh-pooh’d my collection of 2* troops, but I enjoy Beginner Events, so they were a necessity. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

By all means, if you spent more than $1000 on the game, you should have a lot of different worries than finishing Beginner event. It does not have rewards, unless you plan to run for top 10.
With $1000, from my personal experience and applying RNG odds, you should have at least 4 5* heroes, that if you spent everything on a single month (so you must have at least one HotM).
Definitely a lot more to think about than whining about Beginner event.
I have only 1 3* hero maxed and played until stage 4 with 4 heroes unleveled (1/1) just to get a daily token :rofl::joy:

1 Like

guardian teltoc reflects yellow. it will be much better n more useful if you use gunnar for spirit link instead of kailani.

1 Like

Let’s not rag on a fellow player. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL if you think this is hard just wait for the Knights event

3 Likes

I about frisbeed my phone multiple times on that one! Lol finally got it but took some serious crafting and one miracle board! Gonna need those troops up some more for next time!:joy:

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if you’re finding it difficult to complete the events then they’re just not for you.

Late game players spend their game time farming the map and fillling chests to try to draw ascension materials. There are few challenges left in the game for them. The events provide an opportunity for them to use their stable of maxed out heroes to compete with other late game players for half decent rewards. This certainly should be hard.

If you’re struggling even to complete an event, then you’re still in the early game, and your time would be far better spent elsewhere. Finish the map. Level your 3* heroes, making sure you have redundancies for each colour. Learn what each special does, and learn how to combine them. Test and understand your battle items.

When you’ve done all that, you’ll have reached the mid-game, and at that point you’ll complete the 3* event with ease.

Your opinion is welcome here, as is that of every player. But for now you sound like a noob who is unhappy that money does not buy a good team and the skills necessary to use it.

6 Likes

I was about to “like” your post till I got to the last sentence.

Brobb please start truncating before the last sentence. I would love to “like” your posts. :wink:

1 Like

I get that a lot. It’s always my finishing that disappoints.

(Edit: although it’s not usually going on for too long that is the problem.)

1 Like

:grin: :grin: :grin:

20 characters

@Brobb I just think he wasn’t clear on the dyanamics of the game. A person like this is important to all of us! First of all, as a spender he helps SG continue their good work. Secondly, he found the forum and posted a concern even if you don’t agree with his postion, that’s huge! Third he seems reasonable and interested in hearing from us. @MadManPaddy glad you were willing to reach out! Stick with us and best of luck to you!!
Not that I have any importance other than being willing to listen and truly enjoying this forum.

8 Likes

I agree with all of that.

3 Likes

It’s worth a look at next time round. I’ve mostly stuck with rainbow reams until recently, and my experience was that I did better with Kailani as my yellow for this event - about 10k points difference per level. Doubling on blue would be an interesting experiment.

1 Like

Excellent advice. The first time I went through this challenge, I was unaware of the role that troops played at all and they did not autopopulate as they do today. Yeah, I went through it with no troops. I couldn’t beat the final round and that’s when I discovered troops. I went back after beating the final round and improved my scores enough on the other levels to get into the better rewards. It is a learning process for sure. I just try to get people to avoid making the same mistakes that I made. Learn from the mistakes of others, it is less costly.

2 Likes

I understand how frustrated it can be. I was doing intermediate and I got all done but the last one,they killed me. Then I got my loot a cheesy summons token that I got a 1* from. But it is a game and well we always can’t win. And to spend $1,000+ wow that is insane! But that is my opinion.
If you get that mad about it don’t do the events it is better then getting your blood pressure up! Just my 2 cents worth.
:grinning::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, kinda, but $1000 means different things to different people depending on their income level. Don’tget me wrong, it is still a lot of money to spend on an online game, but to some it really is not that much to support a game they enjoy and also give themselves a leg up. Best to do the smart purchases and get the most for your money though. This game can become a money pit really fast. You can spend $500 on troop summons to feed your 4* troops and barely see the level meter rise at higher levels. The best advice is to take your time and spend judiciously. Examine what you are getting or going to get for the money you are spending and set reasonable limits. Do not expect to buy your way to the top because that way leads to frustration.

2 Likes