Why do all of you spend so much for guin

Yeah she’s a good tank but she’s not an unbeatable tank, and personally I avoid 2-3 other tanks over her

On top of that she’s absolutely terrible for anything other than defence which is not the case for tanks like grace maker, Delilah etc

Personally not worth the darts for me and definitely not worth spending hundreds

8 Likes

Yea i feel the same way. I’d be happier to get arthur myself

Think she’s more of a status symbol at this point. Sure she’s nice to have in wars in top alliances but outside of those alliances she’s really not much of a necessity.

I typically stay 2550+ in cups without her, so definitely not feeling the rush to get her

4 Likes

Can we PLEASE have Grace Maker as a hero??

10 Likes

@Bitterswet start a new thread. Too off topic for this one

1 Like

Gravemaker and Delilah can’t be obtained ATM

I disagree: she is the best tank and this greatly helps on AW

I agree on that.

6 Likes

Yeah she’s a good tank but she’s not an unbeatable tank, and personally I avoid 2-3 other tanks over her

She is still currently still the best tank. Yes, far from unbeatable, but still the best. I avoid GM tanks, but its because I have built myself to take out Guin groups.

That being said. She has a very good chance of losing her crown very soon. If things unfold the way I think they will, people are going to wish for the days Guin ruled.

On top of that she’s absolutely terrible for anything other than defence which is not the case for tanks like grace maker, Delilah etc

That is just forum echo. She is awesome for anything other than titans (and she is not horrible there). I use Guin for everything. I go into the top 100 every day using Guin in my raid group and I am only filling my raid chest or stealing ham. I have 12 5* yellows and she is always in my team.

Personally not worth the darts for me and definitely not worth spending hundreds

She will be worth the mats for the forceable future. Money is relative. I first spent hundreds to get her, but I also spent that and more for Arthur.

Part of me wonders if people chase after defensive heroes because they are the only heroes that everyone can see at any given time, and on any given team, which then makes them percieve those heroes as more valuable than all of the rest (or something like that).

8 Likes

The last couple Avalon events, I just throw one 10x at the chance for Guin or Arthur. Would rather get the latter, but I can do well enough on red Titans.

2 Likes

Heals enemies by 10%. And enemies receive healing of 10% per turn for 3 turns

1 Like

I actually think I’ve been seeing less of her and not necessarily for the newest batches of heroes.

She was great for awhile but I think maybe strategies finally caught up???

There aren’t really any great strategies

3 heroes of strong colour and hope for a good board

Same goes for any other tank

1 Like

Try going up against uclapack’s Yunan.

Yunan is not hard

The 2 gravemaker flanks is what makes it a good defence

3 Likes

Because the more guins an alliance has, the better chances at winning wars.

3 Likes

I spent hoping to get any of the event’s 5* s. So far, no luck sigh. But, if I did pull her, I would use the darts on her. She’s especially tough on war teams since you eventually have to use 4*s and under leveled heros.

1 Like

Raid defenses are ALL at an immediate disadvantage because they are static and do not change based upon the attacker’s lineup.

That being said, Guin is an elite tank, moreso than Grave. I can withstand some damage versus Grave, even recover if he fires of once or twice. I can beat Grave without being QUITE as dependent on a board as I am with Guin.

If she fires off her special, it will deplete mana reserves for your heroes, and prevent them from casting their specials.
First Rule of Raiding: No Specials = No Win.
Guin fires off once? Your win chance plummets. She goes off again? You’re likely almost dead anyway.

If some people want to get a top defense, she is #1 on the list for a top defense, with Athena, Grave, Zeline, Hel tied for a very close second. So why spend money? Because people have money to spend. If they like the game and want to be good, they’ve already identified who they feel is the best hero for a task.

And no, Guin is not just good on Defense. Take her raiding once in awhile. Let her out of the house, she shouldn’t stay behind just to make cookies for Arthur and GET her cookies with Sir Lancelot (lol)

It FEELS like next month’s Onatel will be very much coveted, even though she’s slow because she does similar terrible things. Either way, the trend of yellow tanks continues, with Delilah, Justice, Vivica and Guin giving Onatel the mean-girl stare (and Onatel doesn’t notice, cuz… well…)

6 Likes

Gravemaker does 600 damage or more to a maxxed 5 star

1800 damage very fast speed > 20% mana average speed

For me atleast

1 Like

clearly you are entitled to your opinion and your team makeup may dictate that he is more punishing.

I have more trouble with Guin than Grave, and win most battles versus grave than I do with Guin at tank. No matter who is on flank.

My purples aren’t too shabby, either. (Sartana, Khiona, etc)
I’m weakest on Blue, only recently 4t Magni (my only 5*), but still whip the #^# out of Grave.

1 Like

Depends on equipped troops, but if we’d consider 20% attack bonus and that he’s on defense, here are the numbers:

That’s how much damage he can cause to one hero with 700 defense + 20% bonus from troops.

Nope, she’s still abundant in the top tier.