Why Car Sales People...? What else you got?!?

:warning: WARNING!! SATIRE ALERT… Keep on going if you are easily triggered…

Why Car Sales People…?

Per the title, why do Car Sales people get such a bad rap???

Every time (and I mean literally every time) a hero gets nerfed, people start going on about Going to a Car Dealership, buying a car and then having it spontaneously changed on them in 5 months time…

I mean first off, idk what kind of car you guys drive but I’ve never heard of a 2020 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster spontaneously turning into a 1971 Ford Pinto!! Please, if this does happen to anyone, you need help… like seriously…

But the second, and real question, is why is it ALWAYS the Car Sales people? Why not the Toaster sales guy? Or the TV salesman? Or the door-knocking cable TV guy? Or even the overly energetic infomercial people selling you a miracle shampoo that will turn back the tides of your sadly “aged” hairline…??

Why the Car Sales people???

Click for Examples

Feb 2022 – Costume Krampus

Jan 2021 – Frigg & Odin

May 2020 – Telluria & Vela

Maybe we need a new Hashtag campaign…

justiceforcarsales

:paintbrush: Get Creative!!!

Lets hear some alternative analogies for what a “nerf” is…!

Here’s my attempt

23 Likes

Those freaking expensive dandruff shampoos that stop working after 3 months…

3 Likes

My guess is: cars are extremely common yet “expensive” objects, a lot of people know the specs, and most important when your new BMW is retired to reduce HP, the dealer will compensate both you and your f2p neighbour (who owns a Fiat Panda) with a full fuel tank :joy:

On a side note: virtual beer for @Guvnor, you get a lot of misdirected anger for your poll in the nerf thread :beers:

2 Likes

Okay, this is hilarious :rofl:

On side note, there is precedent that this is going to happen. It’s not going to be the same case as this, but roughly similar. I sucked at story telling, so bear with me.

The future of automotive is going to be modular, so as to differentiate from the rest, automotive company starts to introduce “Subscription”. Basically for example BMW is selling you a car, to which you need to further pay monthly subscription fee to “unlock” certain features THAT HAS ALREADY CAME WITH THE CAR, such as seat heater, remote start, high beams etc. It’s not even hardware addition.

Now, of course they have told you beforehand on this subscription, but it’s becoming such a heated topic and disdain from the customers that they’ve delay the roll out of this scheme.

Coming back to topic, you might see this is unrelated, but bear with me again with case 1 & 2 below;

1. The automotive company informs you beforehand on this subscription. You’re well aware that the car HAS that capability and built in even but it’s been lock away electronically. However, you can actually make an informed decision as to purchase it with OR without the subscription.
  2. In this E&P scenario, what they did is sold you that car with all the specs and utilities with the agreed price, and after you purchase it, they lock it away electronically as they deem they’ve sold the car too cheap with all the gadgets in. In the end, they just gave you car perfume to compensate for the gadgets they lock away.

Like I’ve said, it’s not one to one case from automotive to this game, but I’m drawing a comparison based on my experience with this. E&P went with case no. 2. If they went with route case no. 1, we wouldn’t be in current mess where people can make an informed decision.

With that in mind;

1. This buff/nerf came way too unexpected, without going through Beta.
  2. Came just one month after Christmas event.
  3. The sledgehammer came to CKrampus is way too much (3-in-1 in form of class, stats, and special nerf) which is unprecedented.

To end it, I’m a car guy, and I’ve got nothing against the sales person. Take note of my post no where I’ve mentioned car sales person; instead I address the COMPANY. The sales person has got nothing to do with this, they’re simply working within their means.

1 Like

My more creative one would be:

Imagine watching an infomercial on the television. And the dude is soooooo hyped up and telling you alllll about this amazing product… What does it do?? It REGROWS YOUR HAIR!!!

All naturally!

No plugs. No surgery. No transplants.

Just. Your. Hair!!

So you, being a middle aged badly balding man who’s taken to wearing baseball caps and toupe’s to hide your insecurity… your insides start a-fluttering. Your hand shakes as you grab your phone and quickly dial the number on screen!

What’s that you hear? Two for the price of one if you’re one of the first 100 callers?? YOU BEAUTY!!!

Your heart is pounding… rrrrrrrriiiinnnng… rrrrrrriiiinnnnng… rrrrrrriiiiiinnnnggggg

Hello; this is Global Shop Direct, how can I direct your call?

AMAZING!!!

You quickly explain the situation, that you’re calling about the miracle hair shampoo!

The operator realizes immediately and transfers you to sales.

→ Cue awkward & annoying “on hold” music ←

Hello, this is the sales department for Global Shop Direct, how can I help you today?

Hi! My name is Frank Walker, and I’m calling about the Television Promotion being run for the Miracle Hair Shampoo

You go through the process, place your order and SUCCESS!! You are one of the first 100 callers so they {insert dramatic voice} DOUBLE THE WHOLE OFFER!!

SUCCESS!!!

Your order is placed & you wait (im)patiently for the package to arrive. Every day you rush to the post box and check for the package and day after day, you open it and walk away disappointed… Until… One day there’s a small package sitting inside the box.

And I’m talking small… like really small… So small you could easily take it as a suppository… uh… oral pill… :eyes: :eyes:

Surely not… can’t be the package? You’re waiting on a giant package with two huge bottles of hair saving shampoo that will change your life forever!!

You go inside, curious but not enthusiastic… after all, this isn’t the package you’re waiting for.

You open it up and out tumbles two itty bitty tiny little bottles… and written on them, in writing so small you need to get grandma’s embroidery magnifying glass, are the words you’re now dreading:

Miracle Hair Shampoo… Trial.

Enjoy folks! Get creative...!!
13 Likes

+1000x :heavy_heart_exclamation:

You are a true credit to the forum

@Petri
Give this man a raise!

Disclaimer

I have been screwed by real estate , and automobiles, it is easier to go to the local home improvement store and kludge together a fix for my leaky back porch than to replace the dry hybrid transmission Ford stuck in my Focus Hatchback

( https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27438193/ford-powershift-transmission-problems/ )

FIN

4 Likes

A much closer analogy would be looking at Formula 1 racing; you spend loads of money working on a car and perfecting it etc.
Only for the governing body to alter the rules the following year, meaning all your hard work needs doing again, all that money needs spending again, all those peoples time are needed again and the cycle continues.
With some manufacturers with larger budgets able to keep up with this, and smaller ones going bankrupt trying to keep up with the changes and failing.
Sure you can complain, and whinge to the media (or whoever else will listen) but ultimately they govern themselves and your complaints fall on deaf ears, and nothing ever changes.
Either go with the flow, or go bankrupt trying.

3 Likes

What about the Almighty Creator of all Things! (who/whatever that is?)

Everyday “it” seems to nerf another part of my aching body … reduces my defence (immune system), my health, and my attack capabilities!

But still everyday I carry on - “weapon out and belly in” (Tool -Invincible)

Whatever :pirate_flag:

7 Likes

Like on the Tool reference :heart:

1 Like

Just think more Mystical (@Steve9999 ) and see the legends of old times as reference:

Just image you get this awesome hero to fight alongside your army and conquer the world by the gods. Let’s call him Achilles.

But one day the gods think an almighty, invulnerable hero is not great for the balance of the world and they applie a balance patch to reality adding a weakspot and they tell everyone about it.
Hit in the heel and dead is your hero you invested so much in.

3 Likes

Warrior
Strugglin’
To remain
Relevant
Warrior
Strugglin’
To remain
Consequential

Says it all really!

3 Likes

I wonder if car sales people compare others to mobile game developers when they do something shady?

5 Likes

Ahaha… That is a good question… Any Car Sales people on the forum???

1 Like

did you really mess with this :roll_eyes:… please spend your energy on smallgiant’s mistakes… these mistakes are costing thousands of players their money and enjoyment of the game…

It’s a script. We as humans use scripts to bypass logic because we think we’re demonstrating logic.

If I counted correctly, 16 of the 20 examples come from folks with a generic avatar. I generally associate generic avatars with lower forum usage accounts. If I count correctly, >80% of the most liked users over the past month have custom avatars.

I work for a Bank…so I’m probably close :joy:

It’s all cyclical imho. Someone is always mad at somebody for something.

Life is too short as far as I can see so no point getting annoyed by things out of my control. I’d be angry at everything…

Especially those darn Cars Salesmen!

2 Likes

Leave the toaster salesman alone Guv, you bigot! Don’t drag their good name into this mess!

3 Likes

Spend depth

The problem is spend depth

SGG deliberately adds choke points

The hero is hard to get

Most of these resources are lost

You get the hero at 5* 1.1 and have to raise to c+5^85+20

Most of these resources are lost

Examples

Similar examples

Multiple year television shows, or book series, with unsatisfactory twists at the end

Often fan fiction will fix this

Season ticket holders being robbed of a season trophy when their team reaches the final, and loses, to a rule that is overturned next season

Often the team will win next season

Friendship, or romantic relationship, online including gifts, then not who they said when meet in real world

Often a later relationship will work out

In my wife’s case, promised a promotion in 2 years then bosses are surprised when she quits, immediately with “no notice”, 2 years later when law partner committee says nothing in writing and why won’t she stay 60 days and train her replacement

She eventually retired from law firms, and their dysfunctional family dynamics, ( still barred up in 3 jurisdictions ) to became a manager at a yarn shop, then opened her own yarn store

But nerfed heroes stay nerfed and the resources stay lost

Micro transactions

The real villain here is micro transactions

Odd wings shows SGG did not create the problem in the industry

But

SGG has been exceptionally good at exploiting micro transactions

Taxes

Perhaps the final example is someone paying 80% in taxes, only to find out some one with 100x the wealth paid zero taxes due to a one time use, narrowly tailored tax loophole ( one of wife’s past law firms had a tax prodigy that enjoyed closing IRS loopholes days before they could be used, so one USA political party loathed the tax prodigy )

FIN

1 Like

I was hoping nobody would mention that.

Let’s stay with the car salesmen…

1 Like

We aren’t all bad people :joy::joy::joy: