Why aren't more people on the forum? (Poll)

It’s multiple things:

Lots of people don’t know that there is a forum. They might want info, and get it from alliance mates or some other way.

Lots of people don’t care that there is a forum. they are just playing a fun little game. It took me a while to find the forum. I’ve been playing strategy games for a long time, so while there are nuances, there are lots of folks who can do fine without it. they just may not have all the advance information, but it’s a fun little game. This replaced Candy Crush for me - I was simply playing that for my GF to give her stuff. Then I started catching up to her huge level head start, then found this. It was better to not blow past her. :wink:

Lots of people who aren’t good at English wouldn’t post here. I’ve experienced a game where during parts of the day that I am awake in the US, the guild chat went into other languages. There was someone who spoke only Spanish, a few primary Spanish speakers with very basic English, , and some people from East Asia with also very basic English. At times my “job” was to translate from English to Spanish, but I had to make sure I understood what both groups were saying. My Spanish was very out of practice, but I read far better than I write.

4 Likes

Speaking only for myself, my activity in the Forum (both posting and reading) has been severely impacted by use of chat apps (Line, Discord, etc.)

When I started playing a year ago, I found the Forum pretty quickly. Having utilized resources such as GameFAQS, Brady & Prima Guides, etc. when playing computer and console games over the years, the Forum was a natural place for me.

As I became more serious about the game and joined more competitive alliances, I was encouraged and/or required to install the chat apps for improved alliance communication.

Because so much game-related business is conducted via the apps (strategy, recruiting, coordinating mercs, and just chittychat), the volume of messages there means I can only check the forums briefly and occasionally now.

4 Likes

I find people know people who are familiar with the forum. So rather than them creating a post, or searching through threads, they phone a forum friend.

In the same way, people post pics of defense teams and ask for help, yet a good alliance would have that expertise within its ranks.

Yeah, I think people are inherently lazy (or clever?) to use minimal effort for maximum gain. There’s just too much expertise on this here forum. Worst kept secret and those moderators are too helpful as well :face_with_monocle:.

6 Likes

To be honest, I think most players rely on the experience within their alliance. So will ask leaders, co-leaders and elders etc for help. And that is exactly what should happen in an alliance.
Additionally the alliance will use Line, Discord and Facebook to share rosters and provide advice and guidance. In my opinion, it helps build teamwork and camaraderie.
Some will save time and go direct to sites set up by top alliances such as Crystal Knights etc.
A lot depends on your preferred communication style and the time you have to find out what you need

5 Likes

Sorry I can’t vote because choices are too limiting.

I played another online game for years, I was quite good at it. Always finished top 1% in the tournaments, P2P battles I was probably 80-90% win rate. I never once went on the game forums. I had no need to.

I’m here because I had a question about the game that couldn’t be answered in my alliance (don’t even remember what it was now). I discovered a group that I get along with pretty well so I stayed. It was the Ridiculous Complaints thread that made me a regular.

I have found valuable information here, but my game play is based as much on my own trial and error as anything else. That is probably true for most players.

6 Likes

Players

Many people will not join the forums

No English skills
No interest
No time
No need

Users

Including staff, there are 58,456 registered users

Me

I am on the forum because

My first language is Book, English.

Updates

Stalking the Devs

It gives me a searchable database of my posts

Peer review

Contributing to the game community

Planning for class quests, challenge events, seasonal events, etc. ( thanks @Mariamne )

Comparing heroes

Beta Beat, class quests, HotM ( thanks @zephyr1 ).

RNG Odds ( @zephyr1 and @Garanwyn, together they fight crime).

The Doc is In

The awesome forum users

All

the

best

loot

12 Likes

As many have said English not there first language or second and also the line chat for alliance!
I don’t do line chat my alliance is cool with that, I don’t need me phone blowing up with messages of people’s cats etc… in 3 wasssap groups as it is with different friends. Plus we have the chat on the game where I ask questions and get advice. I post/look on here as is always good to see what other people might suggest on the same topic!
As the old saying goes not enough cooks In the kitchen.
But too many cooks spoil the Broff?

Plus also YouTube videos people may watch instead, I read about farming on here and alliance help but didn’t make much sense as it’s words numbers sometimes seeing how it’s done makes its easier aswell!

3 Likes

Umm…'cause I do jest fine without having to spend copious amounts of time chatting about the game? 'Cause the folks in my alliance tell me what I need to know without spending copious amounts of time chatting about the game?

That said, if you know how to beat the Level 9 boss in the Season 2 Atlantis, I’m all ears. :wink:

I enjoy the threads and posts from players but I use the forum as my go-to place for information.

Event calenders, hero information, event information, etc. etc.

I provide the links and information to our discord channels. It simply enhances our game play and anything that adds enjoyment to the game works for me.

Besides, life is simply better with the feline/canine threads!

9 Likes

Maybe I’m just oldschool, but when ever I got a game i would go to my Nintendo power (later on gamefaqs) and read up on it. Is was automatic that the official forums was the first place I looked up once started playing to find info. Lurking at first and then posting.

And while I cant completely follow the technical posts regarding tile replacement, tile color disposition, etc. I do enjoy reading them. (And appreciate the authors/contributors of them)

6 Likes

Because this forum is boring as hell. There are no rivalries, no heat, and the game has no PvP and is so simple you cant really have any engaging discussions about it.
On top of that, the forum is moderated harder than the Hello Kitty forum.

Joining the forum is too complicated imo, it felt like I had to jump through a lot of hoops at the start, and there was a certain amount of trust needed that after ploughing through all the discobot nonsense etc that it would actually get me where I was trying to get (able to post etc)

I know a few people in our alliance who looked into joining, but wandered off again out of confusion.

I’m guessing a great many people are happy enough just lurking (or asking our resident forum regulars for info/links)

Majority are silince reader, and I think for getting clue/advice, only need 1 people to handle the entire members in alliances. :wink:

4 Likes

O think you said it all!
I have one more!
We have some nice great mods.

3 Likes

I think I’m the only one in my alliance who posts here (very infrequently), but I know a bunch of them lurk. And I often post some stuff I find here into our Line chat.

3 Likes

Ahahaha go to community content you might found some funny things there…
Heters gonna hate you can be competitive without beying offensive

3 Likes

I’ll never forget being 10 (or so) when the FIRST Final Fantasy came out… so many maps, books, ohhhh I LOVED IT!!!

1 Like

I asked the other leaders and elders in my group why they dont use this resource and they said it felt “elitist”. To which I always react with “keep yer eyes open and fingers shut for a bit; find out who’s been around and willing to help and then…”

1 Like

I lurked for a long time, then I found funny people in the RTC and and wanted to be funny, too.

One of these days…

3 Likes

It’s a silly question really. They’re not going to tell you why they’re not on the forum because, well, they’re not on it are they? “Is there anybody there? Knock once for yes and twice for no.”

4 Likes