Why are you revenging (except for your ego)?

Okay, I know that this sounds silly for some players, but TBH, I found it ridiculous… So, someone attacked you, took x trophies from you and you want to revenge, with 67% probability to lose additional y trophies…
So far on average 2 out of 3 enemy’s revenge ended in my favor, giving me extra y trophies without doing anything… I mean, your ego is hurt, you lost and instead to focus on raids, you just desperately want that revenge, that wouldn’t give you what you’ve lost, even if you win, you’re gonna use a flag and you won’t get food and iron… Just awesome, right???
I know, I’ve been there just like you and figured out that it’s stupid…
First, except for trophies, I’m raiding mostly for chests… If it’s in cooldown, no raids at all… When it’s giving me heroes bar as well, raids are in, until the chest is full…
Well, try to forget your ego and focus on a raid, where you can get more trophies, food, iron and filling your heroes bar as well… Just because you have a flag, doesn’t mean that you’ve to waste it… And, yeah, for nothing else than your ego…
I even have examples where I won in all 3 revenge as well… That’s awesome for me, you know x + y1 + y2 + y3 trophies for me, while last 3 are for free…
We all know that the number of trophies is gonna oscillate, whatever you do… And, if it isn’t for chests, I wouldn’t raid at all… That makes me feel like we all wanna kill each other and it feels bad… At least for me…
IDK, that makes sense to me… For you??? It’s up to you :wink:

8 Likes

You just have a 2nd and 3rd revenge as long as you lose. Once you won, this particular revenge is done or did I get you wrong?

You are saying what I’m always saying. I keep asking my husband to explain why he (and others) are driven to revenge … it’s like he takes it personally. He keeps telling me I don’t understand because I’m not a man.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m very competative, too. I just don’t see the point of killing myself to get to the top of a leaderboard that doesn’t really offer anything but bragging rights.

If I was assured of a great ascension item then I’d probably crawl over everyone in my way to reach it. As it stands, getting frustrated or spending thousands of dollars to reach the pinnacle make absolutely no sense to me.

I’m just always trying figure out what drives players. I’m not judging, I’m just really perplexed because it’s obviously missing in me :grinning:

11 Likes

Exactly @princess1

1 Like

@Olmor
No, one who’s trying to revenge is not giving up, until all 3 attempts are failed :smile:
I just don’t understand the brain behind…

2 Likes

I always review revenge opportunities, as often there’s a great chance of picking up flags/victories without rerolls.

Other than that, I’d have to agree with you. As in life, revenge can lead to madness!

12 Likes

Ooops :shushing_face:

I did that very often and still do, since it seems to be easier to win on revenges.

Shouldn’t I? :thinking:

4 Likes

YES!!! Taking it personally, within the narrative of the game, is EXACTLY why I revenge to the death every time.

These ‘people’ have violated my lands and stolen food from the mouths of the children of the empire!

It is every players duty to defend to the bitter end and exact bloody vengeance on the tyrants that invade my borders.

The game is much more entertaining if you play in character. Otherwise it’s just algorithms and every ‘hero’ is just a line of ones and zeroes.

43 Likes

I revenge so that I fill up my chest and have fewer people who will revenge me… cups don’t really mean anything, so it’s just to give people few opportunities to revenge me since I don’t typically use a fresh raid.

17 Likes

We all try to fill our heroes chest.
I roll to see who I can raid, but if it looks like a bad match up or they don’t have much ham, then I’ll revenge someone who is easier or has more ham.

Then when I roll the raid button again, it’s a new target. Saves me a reroll.

10 Likes

I revenge just because when I win, they can’t over-revenge me back. So when I go te sleep, I won’t have like 100’s of trophees drops when i wake up. When I just choose someone in raids and I win, someone could take his trophees back. If I just do my revenges, I get to keep the trophees I won. Could be wrong, but it works for me, so why not?

11 Likes

Why do I raid, without using my ego as a reason? Oh good, as my ego is not the driving factor. My id is the reason! Yes, the Freudian id. All of my aggressive desires locked and loaded and waiting to revenge!

lawn

13 Likes

I simply revenge to save food that I have tons of it already jk.
I only revenge those I can take down, I am working to raise up my win strick cause I am stuck on 323 since for ever.

4 Likes

Your win streak is 323?

Congrats :ok_hand:t4:

Mine is 13…

2 Likes

Those … are 000 right? :thinking:
Thats why I am stuck in so few :frowning:

1 Like

Nope, 13. Not more.

But I’ve finished almost all S2 hard…

4 Likes

OMG … This is my husband … he’s the scourge of cats and dogs on his precious lawn. I’m sure he carries it over to his revenge raids :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t care about revenges, I only revenge if I’m getting all super overpowered teams when rolling for raids. All I care about it filling my chest

1 Like

This is literally exactly what I was going to say.

7 Likes

When your boss is acting like an ■■■■■■■■ do you “get revenge”? Or do you go home and take it out on the family dog? Hmm, maybe we should just remove the regular raiding from the game.