Why are there no updates for new players?

So? You get what you can and improve for next time…
A lot of people here sounds soo entitled and childish…

I am a new player BTW, 3,5 months and just now i could finish my first event (costume chamber). And looking forward to improving my previous results in other events… Just have patience and play smart is my advice. Ñ

5 Likes

Looks that I failed to sound sarcastic there…

3 Likes

Hahaha, my bad!

20sarcasms

Same here, apparently some ppl think we don’t have some of the events I listed

It sounds to me that they do, they are just salty you can’t get highest tier reward from low tier difficulties… Like you can complete class quest easy and normal, but you can’t complete hard yet, so since hard gives the most emblems - means the quest is not friendly etc.

I read it everywhere… path of valor too hard… tavern of legends too hard… etc. And here I am desperate for anything interesting in this game anymore, as they scale it to people with average rosters and forget about those with big ones (no offense or bragging meant; I was there also not so long ago, but I just miss having to try to succeed and not just autopilot this game).

A little over a year ago I was a new player. I found plenty to do. Any game one plays does not give big rewards immediately. One has to get to the point of accomplishing certain tasks to get the rewards that go with them. I’m still playing because I love this game. Otherwise I would have quit. I’ve quit many games because they weren’t what I wanted. I play for fun. It seems some players approach this as a job. That would suck the fun right out of it for me.

1 Like

The problem, as I see it, is that the game for the most part is not actually catering to any level of player.

New players - you have two options: either open up your wallets, or grind your ■■■ off for months.

“Mid level” players (those who have either spent some money, not a ton, and/or have been grinding for several months) - congratulations! You can finally complete much of the game’s basic content. Top leaderboards are still mostly out of reach though, because you’re either not spending enough or not playing enough.

Top level players - everything in game is too easy. Yeah, yeah, got 1st place on that event, got my 100th royal tabard that I don’t need… boring!!!

Ninja Tower I’m guessing was designed with top level players in mind, and it seems like many of them enjoyed the challenge, in spite of the mostly junk rewards. But once you reach that level, you probably don’t need rewards anymore anyway.

I always found it a bit ironic that only the top scorers in certain events got the good items… and those top scorers are coming on here and posting “yeah yeah I got a free sturdy shield… who cares, I already have 500 of those…”

Meanwhile… I have 0 sturdy shields…

“3 * AMs are easy, nobody cares about those…”

“Nobody?” Okay, then call me Mr. Nobody. And send me your extras, since you guys obviously don’t need them. Because I could use some.

Classic E&P conundrum, for those of us who have been playing for a while and yet still don’t have all the stuff we want or need…

You need XYZ materials in order to summon and level up your ABC heroes.

[Event] offers XYZ materials as top rewards.
You need leveled ABC heroes in order to get top scores in [event].

Top scorers already have dozens of ABC heroes and hundreds of XYZ mats.

"Y’all are just playing for 10,001st place at this point…
we don’t even need the loot, we just like the challenge.
I put in work and money to get to this level!
Why should you get anything for free?"

Uhhh… I’m not asking for a trophy to hang on my wall… I don’t need to be top leaderboard whatever. But you guys are saying “I haz so many compasses I don’t even know what to do with them anymore, now I just level up heroes and feed them to Aife for fun becuz I iz bored!”

Believe it or not… some of us could actually use those compasses…

Even those of us who aren’t “new” players.

2 Likes

There are probably things they could do to cater to new and beginning players or those that lack depth and strength. But what better motivator than being felt left behind or excluded to encourage you to spend and devote time to progress, than to limit beginners from enjoying being a beginner in the first place?

If a player gets discouraged from it, then it’s likely they weren’t gonna spend anyway. Better than being sucked into a paywall as a beginning player, that comes later after you land the hero you want if you didn’t hit that wall trying to get it in the first place.

Here you go, help yourself to some

Yes, I thought the rewards sucked. So many ppl in beta asked for better rewards for the tower including some 3* mats for ppl who couldn’t finished.
But no, I don’t want it to be made easier, just more rewarding.
I personally did the tower, not for bragging rights, but for the free coins. Yeah, the amount sucked for the effort, but as someone who only buys pov and vip, even one extra free pull helps, and I got jade as a result.

Oh my…

Maybe you thought I was kidding. But I literally have 0 of those.

Meanwhile… on my poor starving roster…

Melendor #1 - 4/70, costume unleveled
Melendor #2 - 1/1, costume unleveled
Little John #1 - 4/70, costume unleveled
Little John #2 - 1/1, costume unleveled
Buddy - 3/60
Caedmon - 3/60
Skittleskull - 2/37
Elkanen - 1/22
Gadeirus - 1/1

So by my rough estimates… I need… 36 shields to fully finish all of these? And I have none at all.

I know, it’s a joke to the rest of you. Funny, ha ha. Yeah.

How many months years does it take to earn 36 shields?

Well, apparently not long at all for you. You probably picked up 36 more shields in the time it took me to type this. LOL

1 Like

As a 3 year player I just have to say W T F. I have had to grind my way up from nothing to where I am now. Stop whining and grind like the rest of us had to.

1 Like

Give me US$10M on October 31 and I will show you how to get to top 100 within a month. I will just use some of the money to buy gems at the Shop (open 24/7 and for unlimited purchase of gems at regular cost) for me to increase hero capacity, summon at all available portals to get the desired heroes and troops and the necessary feeder heroes and troops, buy food at the Shop for leveling said heroes and troops. If there are emblems for sale, I’ll buy those as gem offers or from the Shop. I’ll buy everything in the Shop to increase my stash of ascension materials. Atlantis and Valhalla portals each have summons chests and I’d summon so many I don’t care if I exceeded the 9 summon chests. Surely, I will be able to muster the needed ascension mats since most special portals have gem offers with ascension mats in it. I’d be happy to start over again if someone give me US$10M. Heck, I think any player would.

1 Like

LOL okay… I’ll admit… that might actually work.

You’d still have to grind like crazy to get enough feeders in that short amount of time, but if you had $10 million and enough spare time, it might be possible.

Though - the only reason it would be possible for someone like you or me to do it is because we’re not “new” players. We would know exactly what to focus on and exactly what to ignore.

An actual true “brand new” player comes into the game mostly clueless. They can buy all the best heroes in the game, but they wouldn’t know how to use them properly.

Absolutely I would gladly take $10M to start over. :grin:

1 Like