Why are so many seasoned players level 50+ stopping to play quit and uninstall?

Ahh… this kind of thinking is a perfect example of the “gambler’s fallacy”.

It’s a common misconception… don’t worry.

2 Likes

It’s not a misconception. It’s understanding probability. Keep that head firmly in the sand though bud.

1 Like

Ahh from your reply I can see I was wrong and it’s not your misconception… it’s you stuck in a logical fallacy.

If someone can get 4 blackjacks in a row you would be arguing that the cards are rigged. That’s how probability works though.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this game when I first started playing it really caught my attention ,now after maxing out everything I can I started to build up my heroes so I could within my limits be competitive, I foolishly listened to sg,s promises to fix the problems about multiple 5* heroes I thought they had done it with the introduction of the hero academy, disappointingly wrong, I now have even more 5* duplicates than when I started using the hero accadamy all I have done since the beginning of hero accadamy is waste resources to replace one season one hero with another, my conclusion is that I have reached a point where I probably can’t progress any further in the game sg just want me to spend money on illusions I’m no longer going to waste resources on a broken hero accadamy I am going to go completely free to play and am going to have a cooling off period to assess whether there is any point continuing to play

I am by nature a very laid back individual and don’t usually get bothered by minor things like this, but it occurs to me that if somebody like me has had enough of the way things are going how many other people are quiting the game for similar reasons

Over to you sg

10 Likes

Its got to be frustration. Players are no longer tolerating one sided battles. You go into battle with a positive attitude, then the boards make it impossible for you to even have a decent match. Afterwards, the game is closed in anger with thought that it be better later. But… Rinse and repeat. Half of our 4yr alliance members have left…

6 Likes

Yes, you are absolutely correct. That bs looks like this…

2 Likes

People quit because of frustration:
a) frustration doing raids, because Frigg + Odin are too OP in defense nowadays. Today I’ve spent 200 gems! just to refill the raid energy in order to start the raid and quit, start and quit, start and quit, start and quit 12 times, to get from 2700 to 2400 cups, and I’ve changed my defense (from the best I have to a worst one) because I was really fed up of being always matched with those defenses with Frigg and Odin, it was either doing that or uninstalling the game, so in the end I’ve been able to do some normal raids.
b) frustration pulling really few 5 stars from hundreds of pulls and most of them duplicates
c) frustration because you don’t get the mats to ascend the heroes you pull. I have 4 great purple heroes I’d like to use, I have 5 great blue heroes, but I can ascend just one in each colour and it will take ages before I get the mats for another one, imagine for the 5 or the 6 I’ve pulled… maybe in two years.
d) frustration because you cannot do anyting with all those duplicates: you retrain one in the Hero Accademy and it takes ages before you get a new hero (if you ever get it), so it’s clear that you won’t never do something useful with the other 15 duplicates or so that you have.

8 Likes

I quit about 6 months ago, and it was the best decision ever. I was level 75 with over 100 5* heroease, 60+ maxed, and had spent really too much money. The main reasons I stopped playing was:

1. The game does not evolve as you level up.
    I still had the same quests (with poor loot that I auto-played) that I had from the start, got extremely boring.
    I still had to play stages in “Normal”-difficulty before hard, time consuming and boring.
  2. The game play is to repeated.
    It is always just moving those shields around. And farming with loot-tickets was really a slap in the face, really hated SG for their greed here.
  3. Too hard to get new heroes
    When you have 100+ 5*-heroes, that chance of getting a new hero is really really low, which makes it really really expensive. We all know that HA was a big disappointment, and when you no longer feel that you can afford to evolve, the game got very boring.
  4. Imbalanced game play, with too much luck
    You should not be able to fight against an opponent without defeating any hero, just to replay and win without loosing a single hero when playing with the same team. That makes it too random, and not skill-based.

After playing everyday for almost 3 years the struggle to quit was real, but now I’m really relieved that I made the right decision.

22 Likes

I’m lvl 86.my alliance team is a ghost town and the time and energy and waiting for one scope BS… I’m at the cross road now making sure walking away with no regrets…

5 Likes

Level 83, my alliance get smaller and smaller. Everyone quits. I dont spend money to this anymore one year.

Not sure why i even open this crap every day few times to play? Its not fun anymore long long time, just ruining my feelings every time when is see boards.

What a regret to even install this game first place. Not lost so much money, but time what i never get back.

Now its just sad.

2 Likes

Hi,
Lvl 72, considering quitting. Although I did get some nice heroes the last year, I am getting relatively speaking weaker and weaker, as zynga is releasing so many new strong heroes, the only way to keep up is investing more money than I care to do, to try and get them.

4 Likes

Kooz - You are correct! Zynga is creating more heroe$ obsoleting the old ones. This is re-investing and quick money. In 2021, there i$ no building created, just replaced old event$ to have new heroe$. I am lvl 94 and do not $ee any excitement anymore… i quit.

1 Like

Sad but true…
I was sitting out 2021 as the zynga SG takeover deals is through in 2022. Unfortunately now take-two takes over zynga so I am afraid we will have the same short term monetizing strategy again … I stopped spending but that takes the fun out a bit as well… difficult

TheDarkLord, have played for more than 2 1/2 years, have roughly 30 heroes maxed, most fully emblemed and a few of each colour limit broke and am in one of the best alliances (a family of alliances). I love the game as much as ever, I have no intention of leaving, certainly not as long as devs keep developing new and exciting heroes and features.

For those who complain about shrinking alliances: find a new one. Easy!

3 Likes

I’m gonna tell you from my perspective why after more than three years of playing and level 85 I am thinking to quit!

• Because this game don’t reward results and effort but rather game left it to the RNG system! So player can use all attack to Titan and get nothing and on the other hand someone can get 4* item if enter once, make 30k damage and be C or D.

Last three tournaments I am top 1% and rewards are 3* aethers each tournament. Since aeter started to be reward at more than 70 tournaments I am top 1%, and at other I am top 5% and still didn’t get ANY 5* aerher, not even one, so don’t tell me about RNG!

• Tome of tactic - I am getting them from Farholme Pass to Farholme Pass! In 2021 I didn’t get any beside Farholme Pass! 2020th wasn’t much better. Result - have many heroes at 3/70, over 20 Damascus, over 15 of every other items but no Tome of Tactics! Tried at AL but also get everything but ToT! RNG!? Yeah, right!

• Someone have three green tanks and it’s normal to attack with red heroes! Lost three matches and in all three connected only three red tiles each match. Lately it’s much common situation than before! Yeah, I know it’s RNG.

• Game is more and more for P2W players than for us C2W or F2P players and that is not new for anyone, but with so many new events and new mostly OP heroes it’s more expressed than before.

• Too much new events ask more time and it’s not easy to follow as it used to be before.

There are more thinga that are frustrating but this is enough for now.

8 Likes

The game don’t deserve me! Lets see how popular the game will be with only p2w players. Aways something missing , i have spend so much time in the game like is the most important part of my life , sorry it’s not. And the money??? So much money needed to catch up. I feel like a trow all my money in the garbage. Garbage is all i have compared to new heroes .

2 Likes

It’s purely become a pay to win concept as look at Magic/ninja tower you can’t complete it unless you use gems for energy which is a bit defeatist

1 Like

Rewards have got worse and at the same time there are more and more offers to purchase so taking part is becoming pointless whilst rewards are awful

1 Like

I’m on the way out, after two years (level 63).
All the excitement is gone.

Power creep.
*So many OP heroes coming out so fast whatever heroes I level will be obsolete before or shortly after they’re levelled. It takes away all the excitement of a new hero to use when they’re meh before you’ve even used them.

Money-grab.
*Events you need to pay for.
*Events that are so time-consuming for such ridiculous rewards that playing them at all looks foolish.
*Calendar so crowded with events and quests you have no time to play the darned seasons.
*Endless grinding for no results.

Arrogance.
*Devs not listening to feedback and clinging to their misers’ habits.
*New contents that claim to be the solution to a problem but only make it worse or create three new ones.
*Stuff always being rolled out as is despite multiple beta warnings that it is not working or fulfilling its purpose/promises…

Stupidity.
*Storylines so meagre and ridiculously idiotic they feel like a slap in the face (neither Verne nor Wells deserved S4).
*Costumes, many of them. Either because they’re put on stronger heroes that don’t really need them, or because they look horribly out of place. Seriously, rock star Santa?! Worse, still, surfer Yunan and Vahine Rana? From the majestic glory of Petra to the sunburns of Miami?
*Heroes, some of them. Salmon Loki, I’m looking at you. And fully expecting to see you in Sushi costume some day.

TL; DR: lack of respect for the playerbase

As I said, all the excitement is gone. Most of my alliance mates feel the same and many have left already.
Luckily, Mystic Vision pointed me to a game that is similar to E&P in many ways but a whole lot more player-friendly. I’ve been playing it for 5 days and having lots of fun. Even pulled my first 5*.

16 Likes

I think this is the circle of life

So no point complaining

We are all free to do what we want

Some leave and newbies join

We all serve our time

Until our time is over

I’d like to finish my post with

FIN

Thanks to

@Gryphonknight :turtle: who thought me so much

6 Likes