Why are so many seasoned players level 50+ stopping to play quit and uninstall?

Guinevere was almost 2 years the best tank in the game and almost every top team had guine tanks at wars. But the other things you listed i agree.

Gunievere do not last for 2 years as best tank. When is she first released? Last year she was dethroned by Ursena.

I’m not there yet.

I told myself 2 chests per day max but I feel I could go even lower. What will a few extra gems per day result in the end? Friar Tuck probably.

2 Likes

War and colored chests loots are very dismal on 5* ascension materials loots! Zynga bought SG for $500M.

2 Likes

These kind of games are made to be eventually quitted. Games with no real end or final objective won’t be played for, like, 10 years by someone, if it’s not interesting enough to make you stay for that long. Just adding stronger heroes and harder stages is not enough.

And that applies if you spend money on it or not. You’ll eventually be frustated for the low rewards, and even if you pay, you can’t spend money forever (maybe some could, but that’s not the majority).

It’s very common for this to happen. There are games that were or have been around for many years, but the players may be rolling, or just a very few cases will find players staying for a very long time (those could be considered successful games, but still, it will have a few cases).

2 Likes

what is the use of having soooo many 5* heroes if you cannot max even 20*? I just quit!!

2 Likes

Zynga bought SG for $500M almost a year now. I saw the changes in loots. Before, I was excited that are 4* ascension materials in colored, war and even titan chests but now, frustrated.

3 Likes

I see the same thing in KOTN, we have flexibility for members to take breaks visiting some of our more casual Alliances as well. We did lose great old friends retiring game for different reasons, but fortunately most veteran members stays, just having periods or days of more relaxed playing

2 Likes

My alliance has more level 50ish players. I saw them grow from being a newbie. None is making an intent to quit the game, and a lot have even been summoning using gems. I am jealous with them since I have been cutting expenses since there is no point summoning for legendary heroes when you have limited ascension materials and that i have several 5 star project to work on. My alliance have a good camaraderie and often communicate off-game topics in Line.

2 Likes

I have 61 5* heroes on max and this week decided to quit a game. Last two wars and then I am done. Very weird feeling but there is no way back. Game it self is not the same anymore. Saddest part is to loose connection with amazing people from my current and previous alliances.

2 Likes

This thread and many like it asks the wrong question; the obvious question for a non-addict would be: What makes people continue to play and pay for a mobile phone game after 18 months?
Most of us could probably do more good IRL with the time and money spent on E&P.
I am actually a bit envious of the persons who finally gather the strength to just leave…

4 Likes

I started thinking about it tbh lvl 52 playing since 9 months so not much but hey!
Opted out from war reduced titan attacks its more of a chore now waiting days for level up hero and building to be done hmmm what else… Well things take very long, longer than they should.

1 Like

I am level 60 and still enjoying the game to a point. But I have changed my spending habits. I have gone cheap to play and it’s basically VIP and POV.
With regards to people quitting, there is going to be the natural churn of people and burn out and RLS changes.
Personally, I no longer feel the need to pull for heroes. I have a nice roster and costumes too, but it takes weeks and months to level them. And as soon as you get a 5* to 3/70 you pull a better one to work on and you end up with a queue waiting for mats that are difficult to get.
My biggest issue now with this game is the power creep that in my opinion started with emblems.
Then it’s the money grab by SG - everything is for sale so rewards from chests are limited.
Player behaviour has also changed considerably. It’s become quite toxic on occasions, far more than it was two years ago.
The fact that the game has changed so much with the introduction of S2 and S3 heroes. People now have to spend if they want to keep up with the Jones’s.
There is definitely a lack of balance in the game. Even after Telluria and Vela. There is very little point to building slow heroes from S1 such as Khagan and Horghall and Elena, up against new stronger heroes -success is limited, even with costumes.
The fact that SG doesn’t really listen to the player base and makes a mess of things when they introduce new stuff like alchemy lab that they have to then change. And then there is the long wait for new buildings such as the hero academy.
Probably lots more, but those just spring to mind.
But I do have to say, that over the last 4 months this game has started to feel like a chore. And I am finding it difficult to settle in an alliance…there are way too many hot heads. But that’s just my two pennies worth.

9 Likes

I personally think SG needs to implement more features that get players to use heroes that are just collecting dust. Tavern of Legends is a very good start. I hope there are more features like that.

2 Likes

This is my biggest struggle to stay interested. Farming is miserably boring to me, but it’s not worth it to play a difficult level (more WE) because the loot is not as good. I don’t understand why the developers don’t see that as an issue. If I could log on, use my titan flags, use my WE on three or four battles that I really have to work to win, stock up recruits and backpacks, that would be ideal. But there’s nothing entertaining about hitting auto play over and over. Every other game that I’ve stuck with has figured out a way to make farming feel less repetitive, and if anything, it’s an option to tune your skills or try new setups. But farming here makes you worse at the skill part of the game.

3 Likes

Agreed about autoplay being boring, and how the more powerful you get the more of the game becomes autoplay. Even the harder levels that you can’t autoplay don’t offer interesting challenges…just healing and chipping away for longer and longer amounts of time, but very little danger or excitement.

The other thing for me is, I’ve run out of heroes to level. Like, completely out. I’m finishing up a costume here or there, but emblems take forever to accumulate, heroes are maxed…there’s not even a reason for me to farm or seek mats anymore, sadly, which takes that part of the fun away as well.

It’d be nice if they came up with some interesting, high-level, even experimental challenges but didn’t tie them to loot or mats just avatars and status symbols. It would give the top players something interesting to do, allow them to fight over status, but not leave everyone else even farther behind.

Personally, I’ve spent years building the best set of heroes I can, now I want to enjoy my “retirement from the grind” with less but more interesting ways to interact with the game. Raid Tournaments, for all their faults, fit the bill quite well. Rotating war requirements/enhancements would also be exciting rather than the same old thing. Plenty of good ideas have been posted here on that subject.

So I guess my answer to OP is: the game has natural cycles like any game, and the 50+ gamestate that I’m experiencing doesn’t offer enough consideration for retired warriors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmnnn. Interesting. I can’t seem to autoplay the last 3 latest provinces on S3 hard mode even if i used by best 5 star rainbow heroes. Maybe because my troops are not that high yet by reason that i didn’t use gems to buy feeder troops just to get my mana and crit troops to level 29 or 30. If you are annoyed that S3 hard mode on the recently opened provinces is boring since it can be autoplayed, i am annoyed that i can’t autoplay them but use time and effort to finish those stages in hard mode.

for me the game is not developing in a way that is interesting or fun. I simply have lost interest.

The only reason I keep coming back is because of the time and money that I have already invested.
So I log on once a day smack a Titan and maybe level a hero or two a bit collect food and iron and log off. I have opted out of Alliance wars.
After Telluria Debacle, I decided that the devs are more interested in making money than providing a quality game.

so while I have not completely quit, I have significantly reduce the amount of time I spend on the game. related to that, I think this is the first time I have checked the forum in probably a month or so. All things game related have simply become less interesting…

To get me excited, and bring me back to a more active state, the devs would have to make a significant effort to improve the quality of the game, and release new content that is not just more of the same with a different face.

7 Likes

I’m in the same boat - I can’t auto play them either. What bothers me is that after beating them once, there is no incentive to replay them when I can get better loot from the S1 stages I can auto play. As slow as this game is, I don’t really want to slow it down further by farming in a suboptimal manner. But then I end up wasting flags anyway because I’d rather do other things than auto play a basic level fifteen times in a row, so I don’t even play at times. Sometimes I feel like the game is meant to be as mundane as possible to get people to quit after spending some money.

@Benn We need to finish those stages in order to get the Valhalla coins both in the normal and hard modes. I agree, there’s not much incentive there. But the real incentive is completing those S3 maps sometime in December or January 2021 when the mission will provide epic ascension items and coins in the same manner when we finished S2.

1 Like