Why are so many seasoned players level 50+ stopping to play quit and uninstall?

I do see another dynamic emerging which is not all bad: we have a very lively medium level alliance. Which is the reason I am still playing, actually. And, we have gotten company from a few very strong lvl 90+ players, who stopped trying to remain in the top 100 alliances for all the above reasons. we are active together , have fun and are not spending tons of money. And they are enjoying themselves too with us in our mixed level alliance

7 Likes

@kooz
100% agree that unless you are going to continue to pay into the game to chase those new shiny heroes and stay in the top 500 or so alliances. It’s best to take stock and move to a medium range alliance to continue the fun without any significant cost or frustration…

6 Likes

I understand your frustration, but why spend $500 on trash? You could have stopped at $400? $300? $200? We ALL know that RNG will never work in our favor, so every dollar you spend is a gamble, and I suggest not spending at all if you arent prepared for the letdown!

2 Likes

I was nervous that day and use the forum to burn big amount of negative energy.

1 Like

It’s a trap many people fall into… the thought, well if I spend just a little more maybe I’ll get something good. Some lessons are learned the hard way!

5 Likes

And yet another topic that has been posted over and over again, only this time we have exclamation marks to boot to make up for facts.

I’m level 66 and have been playing for a little over 2 1/2 years and still love the game. I’m in a top 500 alliance and most members are level 80 and above and have no intention of leaving. I have 30 maxed 5* heroes and spend every month 100 pounds on them and I’m happy with that too. The game offers new features and heroes and I feel that what I pay is fair. Others pay more, some pay nothing - that’s up to the individual. I usually choose 2 events, maybe 3, where I summon. Sometimes it goes wrong, but most of the time it doesn’t. Last Knights I pulled Ludwig, Ferant and Franz (30 summons) - not Quenelle the one I really wanted, but I’m happy with the 3 I got. Very happy, actually. My husband also started playing at the same time and has also no intention of quitting.

One tip: once you reached a tp of 4000 or so, join the training alliance of a family of alliances. Don’t stay in a small one out of loyalty cause they die sooner or later and generally just perpetuate the kind of negativity that we could read here.

1 Like

Komara81 you mean Malicna.and the 2 others? Well, yes, it’s less mana but the elemental link means that all 5 heroes benefit - as long as you use 2 2021 heroes in the same game. That’s a good deal imo.

I think SG should up the price on everything lots of players out there with plenty of cash to burn.

SG need to capitalise on this.

3 Likes

Elemental link gives nothing now

Komara81, read what it says under the year and it will tell you exactly what you get. It only applies to years that have passed, but that was clear from the beginning. Please don’t give wrong information.

I am talking about the elemental link , that gives so little mana like it’ nothing! What wrong information you talking about?family bonus is also crap!

1 Like

Here’s the reality, if you’re not buying every offer and pulling heroes for every ascension material chest, yep, you’re gonna be hurting for materials.

Ive be been playing for 5 months and paying for 3. I buy every offer, I’m gonna summon a lot so the extras I get with the gems are just items added to the pile. I’m gonna pull and buy gems regardless, I buy the barrel of gems offer a lot just to keep summoning if I run out of gems I bought from offers.

Annnnnnddddd I still don’t have enough materials but I’m bottle necked at 3 star materials. I have enough 4 star materials to level 2-5 stars of every color. But I’m missing capes, hidden blades etc.

So even if you buy everything, you have to pick and choose who you level. Not every five star I get I actually want lol. So it’s not an issue for me. But ultimately you guys are right, you gotta pay, period or the game gets frustrating. Which is the point right…to get you to rage buy that scope you need.

The game is very elegantly designed to push you to spend. Mind you I have never in 14 years since the iPhone came out ever put money into a game. This one got me and I’m not ashamed to admit it, I love the damn game lol.

I spend about 1000-1500 a month, I’m very lucky I can do that. But I don’t see that happening forever. I’m ultimately trying to build teams as fast as possible. I’m summoning every portal right now and eventually that will wane.

What is my point….I can see why people get frustrated. The things I’ve read in here are very true and I agree. The tournament loot for the 1% tier is just awful. I’ve had nearly the same chests weather I’m 1% or 10%. Same with titans. I’m A or A+ In my alliance for titans, 8* is what we hit. But even being in alliances with bigger titans didn’t yield much better loot which doesn’t make sense. War chests suck too. To do all those wars, open the chest and get one orb and some ■■■■■■■■ is disheartening. But ultimately I believe it’s driven to make us buy more. It works on me especially because I have the cash and I’m extremely impatient.

This game is also ultimately a business…a luxury business at that. Spending money on this game is like buying jewelry or going to a 5 Michelin star restaurant, the business is going to take care of their best customers. This game is 100% made for huge spenders. Why wouldn’t it be? Those are the players that pay the bills. Try buying a sport model Rolex right now, you can’t. You know why, Rolex will only sell to you if you’ve had a previous buying history. Why? Because if they don’t give that watch to the guy spending 200k+ a year on jewelry, he’s gonna get pissed and go somewhere else. In order to prevent that, thet reward the best customers, in this case they reward the best players aka the biggest spenders.

I do think they could loosen up a bit, they are suuuuuppper stingy about their ascension materials. That said, they’re not changing it because it works for the business. You know, from our perspective, we want all these changes. Better summon odds, more ascension items. I want that too. But when I think about the game as a whole. If the summon odds were better, everyone would be playing with all the same heroes. As much as I hate it, the rng is what makes the game fun and balanced….and frustrating sadly. The reason they don’t listen to players is because they’re looking at the game from a different angle and a much broader scope….and ultimately they will never make a change that would effect the bottom line. They have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders, they will ultimately only continue to sell more stuff.

Last thing I want to say. We give SG a hard time, they don’t listen, drop rates suck, etc. I agree. But I also think about how much time and effort is put into this game. The amount of work involved to get a new hero out there and relatively balanced is mind boggling to me. This game is so intricate to me as a player, I would love to see how their teams work to bring this all together. It’s pretty amazing actually, I’ve never played a game like this, it’s just awesome. I remember in COD modern warfare two for 3 months the care package glitch was not fixed. Couldn’t play the game for 3 months. That doesn’t happen with this game. Of course you pay for that, it’s not like a one time 60 dollar purchase for a Xbox game, but I like that. I don’t mind paying a premium if I’m getting a premium product.

Ultimately I hope you all find a way to enjoy the game or just leave. If it’s not serving you, if anything in your life is not serving you, it’s time to let it go. I honestly envy the cheap and free players. I wish I had that type of patience. Cheers!

2 Likes

One reason may be that this game is too easy and it doesn’t take long to become boring.

You don’t need to have tons of maxed 5* to get to this point. For example I only have two maxed 5*, have played the game for a bit over a year and the mundane everyday or everymonth activities already become way too boring most of the time.

1 Like

It depends where you are in the game; I’m with a very high group, hitting 12* titans regularly, and since I retired they war without me, but raid has never gotten easier for me. I’m always playing catch up with a group that seems to race ahead…which is fine, but at some point I want to do something else. :wink:

4 Likes

Its called boredom for some. For others, its all the tiresome work spent developing heroes/teams only to see new heroes being introduced having stronger and better stats than the developed heroes.

3 Likes

I think for me it is whingeing that other people are better than I am, darn it!

whinge, whinge :grin:

3 Likes

Komara81, well, I’m sorry you view it that way. If you are so unhappy with the game, why not take a break?

Wllaxy74 I don’t know if 32 months qualify me as an old and experienced player, but I have been around when there was only S1 and S2. You preferred that - really? Well, I for one, prefer the way the game is now. If the multitude of events and heroes doesn’t suit you, just pick the ones that you like. You also don’t need to summon at all portals, just know your roster well and choose portals wisely.

3 Likes

I don’t remember that I ever said I’m summoning at all portals and I’m not choosing wise so really don’t know why you are inputting me something I didn’t say.

Also, thank you for suggesting me to pick another game, but we both know that decision s on me, not on you.

It’s my opinion that game is going worse and is favoring p2w players and you are free to disagree with me and probably keep paying.

9 Likes

@Wllaxy74 kudos to you for explaining yourself, I had a good friend here on the forums who often felt upset with it because he felt he was being misinterpreted by others.

this friend was also often asked: why does he keep playing even though he had many complaints about parts he didn’t like. he had his reasons - mainly us, his alliance - though eventually he did stop bit by bit. but indeed, it was his own decision, and the “helpful”, possibly “well-meaning” suggestions of others did not help with that (they only made him more upset!)

And indeed, 100% agree everyone is free to decide in the end, if they pay, how much they pay, and if they keep playing… :wink: I fully support that.

7 Likes