Why, all of a sudden, are the beta testers being trashed?

No you got me wrong I am saying that this knowledge was known by top finishers by the second appearance of pirates. Thank you for sharing what you found even if not as easily accessible and fairly recent. I think it is information that should have been in the actual event data. Health bonus is obvious, time is obvious, but match bonus is secretive. The top finishers oddly were beta players at the beginning and it was leaked to me that this mechanic was how events were being sweeped. There is no real solution here the damage has been done but I think that knowledge should have been given in game event scoring

1 Like

No it doesent.

He found out how it worked life.

Confirmed in Beta without paying.

Shared with everybody.

Didnt even use it to improve his performance much.

So I dont see a problem.

2 Likes

OK I understand, looks like I should have paid attention to this and published it much earlier :smile: I wanted to get the formula right, but if you want to answer the basic question of whether it was an average or if using items to kill levels affects the match score then your job is easier. I think you could be 98% sure it is an average by analyzing multiple videos of real events.

In any case, if anyone was hurt maybe I could have had a top 10 finish in one of the early events, but I have plenty of 5* heroes now so it doesnā€™t really affect me. Maybe Iā€™ll contact you on Line and you can help me push the extra couple of spots in a future event.

Currently, having old challenges simultaneous in beta and in real time minimizes any advantage. Yes, you can get free tries in beta but doing that takes away potential high scores in the real event and takes away time for the real event as well. It may save you $20 in flasks, but most of us are so sick of doing the same stages over and over that the last thing we want to do is still more of the same. The better solution is to come up with an additional non-time based challenge in which levels become progressively more difficult ad infinitum and you are rewarded based on a ladder system.

1 Like

This is one theory (that they cheated someone how beta figured it out to profit in the real world), another is that they are also big spenders, with diverse rosters, and an ability to buy their way to the top. Sheer luck replaying levels can also produce the same result as saving time and fleeing. My best finish was before I knew about this mechanic. Now I know the mechanic, but it just lets me know if Iā€™m going to have a shot at breaking a score on a level, nothing more. I still play through for the loot.

I mean is that really an advantage? Saving time by fleeing at the expense of experience, items, recruits, etc. when you donā€™t land a monster combo at the start?

That they were just big spenders at the time has to be as likely (if not the true) a scenario as any, doesnā€™t it? That they just replayed until they got top scores, not knowing the mechanicā€¦weā€™re quick to assume they obtained the knowledge of the mechanic in beta. That is a HUGE assumption. Sometimes the easiest answer is also the most logical, and again, Iā€™m not sold that knowing the mechanic offers anything other than a choice to flee at the expense of giving up loot.

*****Edit after your most recent post - can you please elaborate on the significant advantage? Is it saving items or something? I mean I wasnā€™t using items if the run wasnā€™t any good anyways. I think I am missing it. And I am being honest. Weā€™re all passionate here - and again, thanks for the help that youā€™ve indirectly given me by sharing info with others!

You have absolutely no reason to apologize. You took it upon yourself to test an unknown and to share your findings to the best of your ability. I love this! You are an awesome beta tester. I think having the privilege to see things and test things before production should also be an obligation. We as players rely on this data. If something is found in beta it shouldnā€™t be kept secret.

I would have loved if someone made the suggestion to post how the match bonus was calculated so the playing field was even from the start. I have benefited greatly still as I didnā€™t place top 10 until I was told this info and what do you know I ended up winning the first fables after some strategy adjustments. Events has been my main source of ascension items and it makes me feel like I wish I could have shared more. Iā€™m not saying people should feel obligated to share strategies, thatā€™s theirs to decide. If a tester finds something in beta though I feel it should be an obligation to share.

Next event will most likely be my last one competing just to use up the items that Iā€™ve been storing. Iā€™ve won enough off the system and feel bad that this information isnā€™t available.

Weā€™ve made events the way they are to compete. Health bonus can be gained by team composition. Time can be gained by speed and strategy of item use. Match bonus is all luck of the boards. The reason why the top placers use tons of gems and flasks repeating is to get that big combo within the first move. I agree I donā€™t think the playing field is balanced because of that last factor in scoring. I also think limiting runs would be a poor business decision on SG part and also just makes an unlucky person rank extra low. I think to achieve more balance between the p2w and f2p that match bonus needs to be replaced with another scoring mechanism. It probably wonā€™t happen but thatā€™s what I have learned from my experience running events the last couple months.

I have kind of went on a rant the last couple of days and I apologize to those that I have offended. I get very passionate about this game for some reasonā€¦probably because Iā€™ve spent so much time playing it.

3 Likes

What im about to say might be not allowed to share but im not sharing a photo of a private msg im just giving general idea.

When i 1st asked SG to make me a beta tester the answer i got was "can we know your forum nickname to know how much of a help you are to the other players and how an active player you are) i wasnā€™t one then so i started to be one since then until the day i got invited to it.

Who is on beta is the most people who help others with info etc ā€œmost people with game knowledge im not saying im one but the most areā€ and they mostly so active in the game.

That been said if the most active and most knowledge players in the game wasnt in top 10 then who should be there ? beta got nothing to do with winning an event in live server its the player activity and knowledge.

Its a punishment to be in beta ? ofc not ā€¦ i get to know the heroes before they are released and store my mats accordingly ? YES and thats the only benefit that im getting doing this job.

why me not you ? work hard show your self, help others and you will see someone from SG contacting you to invite you there.

only top ally leaders are there ? NO im not even in top 1000 ally.

do we need beta testers now ? OFC we do, there is many many bugs and issues that no matter what SG staff test something will be missing, many times i see things by chance and many times i see other beta testers reporting bugs related to a combination of heroes in the same team, " the SG staff will need years if they will test each hero with each part of the map / raid / event and combined with the old heroes to see there is no conflict / bugs and still some bugs get their way to live version but at least it doesnt have a big impact that dev will need to roll back to fix it.

beta testers opinions is important as they are a players after all and they will know if this / that hero is too OP or too weakā€¦ there is no developer will play the game same as you and me while having the power to 1 click create item/hero.

in short dont blame testers or warship them, they are players after all doing you me and them selfs a favor and if you wanna be one just work hard as i said and show your self, help others and show SG that you can benefit them more than your self being there.

if its too much to do and you see it doesnt worth it or you dont have time to do it, then let it go its not like if its not me then there should be no one else.

9 Likes

But be careful, because if you over-do it they make you a moderator insteadā€¦ and then youā€™re in real trouble!

16 Likes

naaaaaaaah dont worry im careful to not be you :smiley: i dont envy you haha

3 Likes

I am a Beta tester in a top alliance and havenā€™t even tested challenge events in beta, as I usually feel like I spend more than enough time and items just getting to tier 4 in rewards and never compete for top 100.
It is not like beta players can play events endlessly, they only show up in beta at the same as in game if beta is active at that time or if new events are being tested.

@JonahTheBard - Just because you were hereā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

Please, could you move or copy the conversation between @Epigenetic & @Uclapack concerning the scoring system within challenge events to Epigeneticā€™s Challenge Scoring Observations thread.

It was most interesting reading the thoughts of two beta testers who have shared their experiences and knowledge on the challenge events scoring system, and I would loathe to see such a discussion disappear into the jumble of texts and posts on this one.

Thank you so much, and apologies for any inconveniences caused.

2 Likes

Assuming everybody is on the forums

Shes number 3 on your list buddy. I just revised it for you! You might wanna use those pulls on the atlantis new heros in november and december cuzā€¦ HOLY SIT!!!

And your welcome from your local horrible beta tester.

Keep this in mind. 55% means every friggin time!
Also this hero will be countered by the youtube video of the god of the sea in the spring. So at that point she will be countered in a massive way along with hel.

The number one hero you want is coming in atlantis in a few weeks. He wont be countered anytime soon. He will be guins flank and he will absolutely wreak havoc on offense, defense, raids, season one map, season two map etc. anyways, by forum and beta rules thats all i can say. I feel its only fair to give people the same advantage we have. So there you go. The only advantage i have over you guys to get ahead and i just gave it away.

1 Like

The hero with capital letters, the one who will unseat Gin, will be the one who steals mana, 3 enemies, progressively to steal EVERYTHING. That turns the duels into 5 against 2. This is sharing.

@Epigenetic @Uclapack - do you have any objections to your posts being moved to the above thread?

You can quote them and post it there. No need to move anything.

Mods are the only ones who can move off topic replies and split topics.

Thanks ā€¦ but ā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen something of the heroes you speak of, and Iā€™m reserving judgement in two ways:

1. Two Atlantis 5* heroes are cycled in each month. I believe four or five of them have showed up in beta without being released yet, and I donā€™t think beta testers know which ones will be chosen.

2. The ones you describe are on their first iteration; if they are as powerful as you describe, Iā€™m betting on adjustmentsā€¦

How did you just get into Beta? My understanding is it hasnā€™t been open for months?

I donā€™t mind although a comment needs to put there to explain so these posts wonā€™t seem discontinuous

Should be red and yellow this month which leaves out the hero i believe Tpenn is talking about if that is a purple hero to flank guin

Its all good in the hood