Why, all of a sudden, are the beta testers being trashed?

If he got explicit permission, it isn’t a leak!

3 Likes

Might want to edit that first comment to me there… I can’t see any way to interpret it positively within the forum rules.
I asked a serious question. My understanding is that the Beta stuff can be shared, if permission from SG is given. I don’t know why other people might be refused permission if they asked it, but maybe if you go ahead and make similar positive contributions to the community to those that Anchor already has, they’ll consider your requests to similarly divulge information in a more positive light.

3 Likes

The rule is SG’s rule. SG made an exception to SG’s rule at SG’s discretion. Was it fair? Probably not. Have you asked directly why they made the exception? Have you asked anchor why they made the exception? Do you think maybe the exception was made due to Anchor having a decent sized audience and contribution back to the E&P gaming community?

Is this a beef with the principle or is it a personal beef with 7D and Anchor? Sometimes one can blind the other.

4 Likes

I am concerned about the sweeping generalisations in this thread.

Please keep the discussion civil and constructive

(Please check out my new album, JB’s Broken Record)

9 Likes

I guess you can die from E&P!!! OMG!!! THE FATE BETA TESTERS HAVE!!!

Are you for real with this kind of comparring real life with game testing?

Beta testers have an advantage vs normal E&P spending on flasks and battle items.

You know how in betting and lotto games the families and next to kin arent allowed to place bets and play lotto?
Now this is a good comparring with what beta testers do and on no1 in challenge events without being challenged by lack of we and battle items.

So your topic of defending (yourself, i think) beta testers aint that great. Bring valid points!

1 Like

Do you think beta testers compete with unlimited flags and materials in live game? Actually, even on beta server they only have unlimited flags, the material is their own and does not appear magically at inventory. Also, at least in the past 6 months no event coincided with beta testing. Nor does beta stays on forever, you know, only when there is something to test, when there isn’t the beta server is shut down.

2 Likes

I think this is the key point. This is one of the first times beta has had the event. How ever this not nearly the first time the people in question have placed Well in events. So I would argue based on this that the event leaderboard was not really influenced by beta, it just that the good players are good.

7 Likes

==Guardians Bug==

Rumor has it there is a serous bug in Beta server Guardians. I hope the people who are in Top 10 are in Beta and testing Guardians using the exact same team they are using in the live server. I would hate for the next update to go live and 90% of the live server not be able to participate in a Challenge event.

==Challenge event business model==

Challenge events are like eBay auctions with “Buy It Now” being the common items and “3 day auction” being the top prizes.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
The only eBay I do is “Buy It Now” because the “3 day auction” takes too much time, money and you can still lose to a last minute snipe.

==Notes==

And I should just believe you. Since you can’t prove it.

You have an advantage. At least dont use your beta account used to go to no1 in event also. It gets embarrasing.

I guess it is just a mixed feelings of frustration, envy and suspect of something you can’t see.

I can totally understand it, as i can’t deny that probably i would have the same feelings if i would not be in beta.

We are not heroes and we are not human sacrifice, as long we are not cheaters.
We are just lucky people playing and chit-chat about content not avalaible yet.

Nothing more.
No need to glorify, no need to purge.

3 Likes

If you didnt post any facts it would be nice to not sprout such nonsense.

I dont know who you are but you paint yourself in a very bad light.

This is hearsay and by no way confirmed since we do not know much about Beta environment.

That the same Player with the same troop is on top is proof??? :smile:

Very weak….Maybe he is just a great player and what a suprise if HIS heroes in both events.

Now if you had PROOF that this player tested this event intensively with the these heroes we can start discussing.

You sound like the person…O my good! I got 5 bad starting boards in a row! SG rigged the geame against me.

Meaning: You make an observation and jump to conclusions.

2 Likes

This is a very interesting discussion.

I’m not a beta tester. I can actually see that both sides have a point.

Beta testers are slammed if they do their job, and slammed if they don’t.

On the other hand it’s still fair to say they probably benefit… Maybe a little bit. Maybe more. Hard to say.

It always takes one bad egg to give everyone else a bad reputation.

But remember: exceptions to rules don’t make very good rules. There are bad eggs everywhere in life

and your point is? :))

you took our attention and left us watching in the sky (horizon) confused :))

are you a paid psychologist? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do beta tester get a free T- shirt from SG ?, because I like one, to attend E & P convention in Las Vegas.

There is an E&P convention in Las Vegas? When is this supposed to happen?

There are over 2 millions players, I’m sure someone is going to organise a convention soon. I want that T shirt. We are off topic, let’s get back to beta tester bashing.

1 Like

Well said @littleKAF

I was about to say almost exactly the same, but you said it all

1 Like

Is there a way to see the results in Beta without being in Beta? Because if there isn’t then how do we know the top team is the same in both without being a Beta tester?

And if there is, isn’t that a significant leak in and of itself?