Why, all of a sudden, are the beta testers being trashed?

Everything in beta is subject to change

All just discussion until release

If people are saying they’re going to quit spending everytime an unreleased product is changed before release even though it’s clear as day in writing in every beta beat thread and from every vocal beta tester and even the devs themselves then it’s a loss SG will accept as there are plenty of sensible people that understand how beta works and that products being TESTED are not final products and still spend plenty to keep SG comfortable and productive

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know how to respond to this cause the accusations are so unfounded…

So I’ll just not…

GL with your ongoing gripes and complaints… Just wish you’d find some better pass time than beta bashing.

1 Like

Lol holy resurrection Batman! Alby wishes he could bring back an old, mostly dead thread just to complain. Bless your heart.

3 Likes

This is Kafs fault :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It seemed appropriate. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sadly so…

It’s little wonder that most beta testers don’t last long…

2 Likes

Why does everytime someone not agree with you they have to be bashing. It’s not just me voicing these things first off numerous people speak their opinions and being I’m one of the few who tolerate the forum I bring out the words of THE PLAYERS that means high level, low level, competetive, casual. The discussions in line can get heated but people have a lot more things at their disposal and whole alliances opinions versus a few people and there ja just way to many peoples opinions bot being heard becaus they dont come to the forums. Sorry you think i have a gripe against some set group but my gripe is with people wanting the game to stay the same and afraid of change. If that offends you then i can deal with that but an opinion should respected just as I respect yours when you disagree.

Lol, I don’t have a problem with people disagreeing with me… In fact I have had healthy debates with various people on the forum. The reason I termed this particular one “Beta Bashing” is because of statements like this:

The beta testers get to “gripe” about it because they are by definition the FIRST TESTERS… so how is it “not fair”…

What you seem to be missing with this is that Beta testers are all levels of players… For what its worth I also believe i am representing the players in the feedback I give… I don’t put a personal agenda on it… If you were a beta tester & could read my feedback provided you can tell that my arguments and feedback come from the perspective of not being in the position that I am… Not having the experience & knowledge & roster that I have…

This quote right here is my issue with your recent posts… You are claiming (FALSLY) that beta testers are tyring to stagnate the game & to keep everything the same. You are making these claims not only unjustly but also without any evidence or knowledge of what is actually going on. You haven’t played with the Beta Heroes, the realm bonuses or anything…
You also have no knowledge of the exact feedback that is given, all you see are the changes that SGG make…

Not 1 beta tester (NOT 1) wants the game to stay the same… No beta tester actually has an issue with the new special skills or the realm bonuses… They aren’t Scared of them (as you keep wrongly touting)…

They simply are arguing for SOME DEGREE OF BALANCE… the two examples you are using to boost your “Beta testers are scared of change” are unfounded:

• The health reduction. No beta tester has an issue with the mechanic. they just suggest that there should be more counters to it…
  • The Realm Bonuses. All beta testers have said its cool and a new idea. They only suggested that they be toned back a bit because they were doing more DoT & buffing than most hero special skills do… (also were some suggestions about there being fewer realms to reduce confusion and complexity but thats by-the-by)

I do respect your opinion. You’re entitled to it, just as I am mine. I just don’t agree or respect your accusations.

2 Likes

Not making an accusation these phrases were between two beta testers in line group getting into a pretty heated debate. One like you was saying about balance the other was starting that he felt people were afraid of the fact that there money hold would not hold up against actual player skill, thus the people complaining were scared of dealing with abilities that would give skilled players a fair way to combat without crazy spending. Were over 40 people present for the convo so I dont spout nonsense I do have reasons for comments. thnx for assuming there was no basis behind the comments but no that would be incorrect also.

1 Like

This is an accusation. And newsflash, every single hero SG is introducing tips the scale further and further away from f2p.

This doesn’t make sense. It’s Beta. You test there. Nothing is introduced to the population at all at this point. Beta is and always has been designed for testers to gripe about things that might get introduced. You have a problem with the end product, go after the people making the product. Not the people testing bits and pieces and giving input that is ignored 99.9% of the time anyway.

Also newsflash, beta has all kinds of players. F2p and c2p included. They all give their opinions.

Go after people delivering you said window dressing, not the people testing it. Also you are contradicting your “I’m for the little guy” take here as these heroes have little to no chance of being prevalent in F2P or C2P circles, but massively available in p2W ones. You don’t balance it then they will have to fight against these heroes without having them.

It’s testing… things change in testing. That’s what it is designed for. You should argue to abolish beta altogether as you seem to not believe in testing.

FYI, GM was also nerfed pre release. And there have been heroes that have been buffed pre release too… (Onatel is the easiest one to remember). But regardless, none of these heroes were released when the changes happened. So they were never nerfed or buffed for the actual gaming population.

If new heroes are coming out as lame ducks then its funny how the best defenses, attacks, Titan teams have Kingston, Vela, Finley, Jabber, W Rabbit, Mikki, Seshat, Ursena, Misandra, Alice, Gazelle etc. etc. etc. Nothing new or interesting to see in any of those heroes at all, just some window dressing.

But ultimately I should thank you for resurrecting this thread. It’s nice to be reminded why I haven’t redownloaded beta for 7 months.

13 Likes

1 Like

Folks, the beta debate has been had numerous times and very rarely managed to provide anything constructive.

Beta players are volunteers who, in the vast,vast majority of cases give honest feedback and support game balance.

I’m not in beta, but I get to read it the discussion.

I’m closing the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Enjoy your weekend.

4 Likes

No offense but total rubbish.

1. Much of my feedback in beta has regularly sort to help out F2P and C2P players, so much such that my very last set of feedback in beta had a pretty meaty post in response to Realm Bonuses and passive skills in which I advocated retro-actively bringing family bonuses, elemental links and a “class bonus” for using more than one hero of the same class to every single hero in the game including Season 1 heroes to buff them but also to aid learnability and memorability as opposed to have ever more complexities being added to smaller and smaller subsets of heroes that adds more complexity for the average player to have to remember.

Much of my costumes feedback also focused around availability for F2P and the inflexible class trees not allowing them to use the class emblems from classes with few good Season 1 options. And indeed much of my criticism regarding the first build of the new HOTM centred around how few options F2P players with predominantly Season 1 heroes had to counter him.

AND

1. In my entire time in Beta there has not been a single hero appear that would “give the little guys a leg up,” every single hero to appear is one that is going to be rammed behind a paywall with a small and limited number of chances for an F2P to pull for - they are not being added to TC20 or a Hero Academy (if that ever even materialises). The heroes with the best chance F2P have to get are the HOTM and Event/S3 3* heroes. No matter where the 3* came from even the Season 1 5* heroes will flatten them and with regards to HOTM just ask a genuine F2P player (and not one who started spending then cutback) how many actual HOTM they have got from when they started playing and it is a small handful of those that have been out. The typical F2P has very low odds of pulling a specific HOTM even if they save up 6 month’s worth of tokens meanwhile the high spenders are pretty much guaranteed to get the HOTM. If the high spenders are more likely to get a hero than the F2P and that hero has been overcooked/possibly OP that isn’t closing the gap between them it is widening it.

Anyone who wants to claim they’re a man-of-the-F2P whilst advocating for OP heroes to be stuffed behind a paywall where few F2P will be able to pull it is frankly fraudulent and I seriously question their motives. What will genuinely help F2P would either be adding some older heroes to TC20 or having the Hero Academy introduced in such a way that it makes the most number of heroes previously out of F2P reach a bit more accessible to them.

12 Likes

Cookie Settings