Why, all of a sudden, are the beta testers being trashed?

I 100% agree with this statement lol

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Yes I agree. This went way off topic :slight_smile:

As always it is refreshing to read your writing. :smile:

And as so often I agree with a lot of your content.

Unfortunately RNG does not like me enough to give me a Wilbur and I am finishing the hard regions in province 13 right now. ( one a day )
So yes the free atlantis summons have improved ftp life ( I got Proteus :smile: :smile: :smile: ) but to get a certain 4* atlantis hero is still a pain in the backside.

An event is not a hero, the event will not change in a day. And then it cries when it is loaded against the betatester. You have tested your equipment, the event until you get bored, you know (or you know, I do not know if you are) that you will do at each stage and DO NOT HAVE THE DECENCY to share minimal information. And there are 10, they are hundreds of players. I hope that changes with the new batch change something.

It isn’t a part of the game. It won’t be until February 14th.

Once February 14th hits, the information will become available. You can wait two days. I believe in you! :heart:

3 Likes

So you want something from a group of people and you think that insulting them is the path that’s going to get that something from them? Hmmm…strategy needs a rethink.

4 Likes

Right?! I got yelled at and I’m not even in beta. So far, I’m 0 for 2 today: unpaid cheerleader for SG, and spearcatcher for beta. I’m hoping this stocks up good karma that I can trade in for Ariel or Poseidon.

3 Likes

That is the problem, you are not able to perceive that, when you accept the responsibility of being a beta tester, you are not a player or a group of players, you are servants of the game community and you edtáis to help devs and LOS PLAYERS, not you do favors when you inform when something is definitive, you fulfill your obligation. If you are willing to take the advantage of being one and do not want inconvenience or criticism (most of which there are), you must leave.

You’ve got a very confused perspective on beta. Small Giant has the responsibility to share data about new content with the community. They run the game, they created the content, and they own the copyright on it. The beta testers don’t owe us anything.

The beta testers ARE doing a service for all of us, though: they’re playing through buggy and unbalanced content in order to help SG fix bugs and balance the new material. And many of them, even after doing that, still publish guides, or spreadsheets, or videos to help the rest of us out.

Maybe spend more time being grateful for what you are getting than being angry over what you’re not getting.

9 Likes

Yes and the responsibility as part of beta tester is to test the content for both playability, bugs, and degree of difficulty and report feedback TO SGG. That’s right, to SGG, not you or the general forums. We playtest as beta testers to make the game better. That’s how we serve the community - by helping find bugs, test for balance, give the developers on feedback on how and what we think should be improved/changed, make suggestions for the long-term health of the game. That’s what a beta program is for - not for leaking information to the general public. I have no idea what the completion rewards are because honestly, I didn’t look them up in beta. You know why? BECAUSE LIKE EVERY OTHER THING IN BETA THEY OFTEN CHANGE BEFORE GOING INTO PRODUCTION (monthly events, AW, etc every single thing with a reward was quite different from beta to production).

The first batch of events had the completion rewards change going into production and I haven’t looked since. I mean there’s gonna be 2-3 3* ascension mats in the epic and legendary challenges. What on earth could possess you to think that if you don’t know which mats it is right now, 2 days before the challenge will drop, that that somehow negatively affects your game? It isn’t a major mechanic change like AW or emblems; it’s an event that will have some rewards, same as the others.

And every time something gets leaked in beta and is changed before going into production, there’s much wailing and gnashing of teeth, with criticism of both SGG and beta testers. We’ve been asked not to share content until release notes are published and released, so that’s what I do.

6 Likes

I really want to start this discussion with you, but you’ve been trashing everything and everyone over the forums, so I’m gonna do the smart thing and don’t.

I did, however, wanted to let you know that YOU can become a beta tester too now. If you wanna see a change so bad, be part of the solution!

3 Likes

I wish you 2 of each! (Just remember that IF they ever introduce trading and I need either of 'em)

1 Like

Done, in a heartbeat!

Thank you for being a spear catcher for beta. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Same people that got neith nerfed too right cause she was OP? Again more information on why not just because they said

It’s been explained a few times in this thread that beta players / and some not in beta (just from knowing what’s out there) felt Neith looked a bit much at average speed when she was first presented. They didn’t suggest such a strong nerf, just for her to be toned down a bit… and I assume most would have been happy with a nerf to say 185% give or take 10% or something like that (my gazelle would surely be happy and even more so with original), but end of day, SG decides what the final say on the product is.

And if I’m being honest, I don’t really understand this idea that folks want stronger heroes for more “challenge”… if they wanted more challenge, there’s challenge out there if you aren’t placing top 10 in events or in a top 10 clan winning 90%. To me, it just seems people are more upset because they want these really strong heroes to help them offensively. I mean, I’m all about good and useful heroes, more diverse and interesting heroes and more ways to win matches in fun ways… I’m just not super interested in op heroes that don’t take much effort because they are so powerful. But anyway, to each their own, opinions is all it is, about a mobile game nonetheless. haha.

2 Likes

Same people who got Neith nerfed + other people who oppose Neith’s nerf.

Wrong… Please actually do your research rather than assuming it all… Just besmirches your own character more than others…

Read here:

2 Likes

I find it ironic and funny when a beta build is nerfed people assume it’s one-percenters wanting to maintain status quo, and when beta build is OP people assume it’s one-percenters who want to increase gap between F2P/C2P :laughing:
As if SG is just a puppet and doesn’t take any decisions, and beta builds are created by beta testers :rofl:

1 Like

Yes and i could cut and paste multiple line chat groups were the real players have been upset for a while that people feel like there is a crime with giving the little guys a leg up here and there. My roster is not great but it gets me to where I want to be and is still in progress. There is no must have hero, but everytime there is a hero that could significantly give the little guys a leg up somehow people in beta act like this one hero is gonna wreck their whole roster. 90% of my gripe is for the FTP, yet somehow Im deemed a devil for wanting them to have something attainable to look forward to as we know how hard it is to pull event heroes by even one of your guides.

Everytime some type of change has been added to amp things up a little but its immediately shut down before any real part of the population have their chance at even trying it. Not fair that all these beta people get to gripe about things that we never even get to see if they were right or not. I will continue to speak for the crowd that thinks no one cares about them, yet be crowned a tool for wanting something a little more sought after instead of the same balance with a little window dressing. Who were the last heroes to be thought up concept wise and actually made it out of beta without a nerf that is sought after currently after gravemaker?

I play this game just as much as the next person and these constant fears of change are making more people want to quit spending than anything as everytime someone sees or hears about something new it gets nerfed. Now that is a fact SG cares about.

Cookie Settings