Why, all of a sudden, are the beta testers being trashed?

I really want to come on here and say that I believe 100% of beta testers have the best interest of the average game player at heart when they do their testing. I just findi t really hard to believe that a whale beta tester is going to recommend a significant nerf to an OP hero in beta whe he/she knows they can buy no matter the cost when it is released and the average player can’t without a huge amount of luck.

I’m not in beta, but I think you’re really misunderstanding how things work. The beta testers don’t design the heroes, and they only get feedback, not final say, on what the heroes are going to look like.

Remember, when Guin was first released, nobody had her. Not the beta testers, not the top players, no one. It’s not like there was some vast conspiracy afoot that resulted in Guin, but that caused Aegir to be nerfed.

And as to why she hasn’t gotten nerfed more after release? People have spent a LOT of money to draw her. They would (rightly) be very angry if she suddenly got a lot worse, and would think very hard before spending on the next new hero with great abilities. SG is making a simple business decision. Who’s in beta simply doesn’t enter into it.

1 Like

I believe Guin “lies untouched” because if she were nerfed, a large portion of the player base—who paid oodles of money for her—would be up in arms demanding refunds.

Look no further than the pocket book.

(My 2 cents; I don’t speak for SG on this.)

Answering you elsewhere:

You are aware, aren’t you, that every Beta player ONLY has his own roster, plus whatever new cards are to be tested? Saying Beta players only try combinations “that are best for their roster” is patently absurd, given the circumstances.

NOTE: Beta players are given a temporary shell version of their current roster, plus items to test. THEY DO NOT GET TO KEEP ANYTHING FROM THIS VERSION.

3 Likes

Sorry but this is the biggest ■■■■■■■■. So I spent $800 last month and got nothing. Can I demand refund?? If they are afraid of spenders get angry what about the other million that spend (even less) and get nothing? Why did the failure become acceptable and normal and fairness didn’t?
SG must not be afraid of making the game more balanced. This is way a minority thought. Suppose 2000 players spent and got Guin. This is 0.1% of playerbase? So what? They must feel pressured by this and leave the game with such disparities? That makes no sense and shouldn’t come from us on the forum.
ALL beta players should every month note this and suggest this.

If they nerf Guin like you want now, why would you EVER chase another good hero? I’d be afraid they’d do the same thing to that hero too.

Also, you spent $800 on what last month? Let me guess: chasing Guin. Sour grapes?

How unbalanced is Guin, when you can beat her as tank more than 70% of the time? Is she a better tank than anyone else? Sure. Will there always be a best tank? Sure. If it wasn’t her then it would be GM and everyone would be screaming how unbalanced he is.

Honestly, if you think the whole game is rigged, why bother playing it?

3 Likes

I am not sure if the ‘Guiness book of records’ hold an entry for the biggest ■■■■■■■■ ever…

2 Likes

70% is really low compared to every other tank in the game. Yes there will always be a best tank to some degree, but why wouldn’t we strive for a more balanced game where the best tank is only better by a very small margin? She’s also been the best tank for a very long time now; Some change would be good.

That said, I don’t blame beta testers for Guin’s dominance…

1 Like

as in greater than. And honestly there are some other I only do slightly better than…that could just be me but I doubt it.

You are all missing the point by taking a fact as something personal. If any hero of the game makes all the others who don’t have him get behind, yes it should be nerfed… I don’t wanna sound more complainer or picking on an only spot. Guin was one example, this is not about her only. It’s about balancing the game. It’s about giving joy to players that have their own heroes. That should be beta job, bring out a game where every player can compete and have fun. Not just know they are meat for beasts who spend money a lot. Yes any team can be beaten, it’s just unfair and not balanced. And will get worse with emblems. And could all be harmonized on beta before coming out. That’s all I said. The discussion came to Guin because it’s clear she needs a nerf. If there’s anything to justify not, it can not be “people spent money and will be unpleased” because it happens everyday to the other 99.9% of the players. That resumes all I said before. I’m not attacking anyone specific or resenting something. It’s just simple to me.

Beta doesnt make changes.

They provide feedback

SG decides whether or not to act on that feedback

Guin was requested to be nerfed before she was ever released

If you’re looking to blame someone for game faults, might be best to look at those who make the game, not the guinea pigs who just test new stuff

100 beta testers can say “this needs tweaked or changed”

But doesnt mean it’ll happen if SG decides it’s fine or if they cant think of a way to further improve it without losing it’s purpose or making it worse

I’ll agree beta has some flaws in the program but at the end of the day it’s Devs that players should blame for any/all game flaws

7 Likes

i’m a beta tester, i don’t have guinevere. i dont roll when i see ggz defenses and usually dont stack purples because i prefer to stack blues. i only have 7 max leveled 5* (panther, tarlak, inari, drake, magni, zimkitha and after beta was closed Athena)
i chose to do quests without any emblem because they are really easy with 4/80+20 heroes to help tweak the difficulty. Most beta testers did the same. SG changed difficulty of last level a couple of times but until they release classes in meta we don’t know how they will be
to me the most difficult tasks were the one i didn’t have many options. For example out of my 28 heroes i have. 7 monks and just 1 sorcerer. and i really wont start leveling quintus due to the classes quests
im not in a top 100 alliance, we just killed our first 12* last week so i assume beta testing is not directed to top 100 alliances/players who btw weren’t the most found voices in beta discussion
And we can’t really go for our ‘agendas’ because SG tell us specifically what we should be testing
at last a few players asked Guinevere changed classes and that was just blown in the wind. Many heroes changed classes but not Guin

1 Like

Regarding the guin nerf topic and the counter argument of players would be angry because they spent money chasing her.

Another game I played (emphasis on the past tense) sold cards directly for money. One of these was game warping (far more so than guin in P&E) and they could either leave as is or change it directly and annoy cash spenders. They fixed it. People were angry. They demanded refunds because what they actually paid for was no longer there. Few got them and only from the apple store directly.

The game had limited beta and as soon as it was announced this card was the topic du jour on the forums. Everyone knew it was broken and advised it would be fixed. Of course it should have been fixed before it ever saw light of day but with no/inadequate beta testing the developers had a mess. Players shut their wallets because why buy a card directly that can be changed and the game took a hit and ultimately led to a change in development company partnering with the publisher. I left soon after on a related issue of power creep being overt and expensive and combined with increasing numbers of bugs that lasted months (and make this weekend a minor blip by comparison).

Back to this game I’m glad we have an active beta community trying to provide checks and balances. We see very strong cards, yes. Some that impact the meta but nothing that is completely broken. If they ‘fixed’ guin I think the ill feeling would be strong and hurt them and I genuinely want to see how the upcoming changes impact the top level of the game (which I observe from the outside looking in). And no I have no guin, am not in beta and am largely unaffected by the things that make people angriest around here. Just a C2P player enjoying the grind.

2 Likes

Why u no feedback that there’s too few healers in the Pally Monk Ranger love triangle?

trust me it wasn’t just me who asked for better healer distribution among classes and not only that but better regular heroes distribution as well.

it was my opinion that heroe distribution could be a way to enhance underrated heroes and in this train of thought i didn’t complaint about guin being a wizard.

we just give feedback, final word is SG. Just remember we at beta do not know the greater picture.

I’m looking foward to monday as any other player

2 Likes

F2p only has Vivica as a 5* healer, the game is unbalanced, prove me wrong.

This probably isn’t the right thread for that particular discussion. Also, I suspect most of us feel the game is unbalanced. So there’s probably very little appetite for trying to “prove you wrong.”

A more constructive discussion is likely centered around how to fix it.

Its simple as making old hotm and atlantis heroes available on TC20.

Hotm were always paid and may continue like that, but Atlantis new heroes are part of the game, the history of the game, just like regular heroes and should be on TC20.

Whoever makes a game should make it consistent. Just because people spend lots of money in something that maybe is broken, its no excuse to keep it like that.

I tryed to search for you online and could not find you, can you search me for me please? Or check your ID line, There is a Dumbdum no espace and no number 1…

I am victorloro in there