Who to emblem: Reuben or Malicna?

Who to emblem: Reuben or Malicna?

I have both at 3/70. After I level my Obakan to that level, I plan to ascend Malicna by using some of my 26 tabards. I can get her to around +10 talent. I have 21 rings and yet I dont see Reuben getting them anytime soon.

But in essence, it is up to you. Which of them you think is better when emblemed? The one which improves greatly your attacking/defending team would be your best bet.

1 Like

Malicna easily over Reuben. I mean, do you want a sundae for dessert or a pile of mud?

I do not have Reuben. I do have Malicna at +18. I have fought plenty of a Reuben’s though.

In a vacuum, my vote would be for Malicna. Yes, there is the randomness but no options are bad. If you stack purples or mono her mana gain is huge. One of her 3 options on the special is truly game changing too. I admittedly ascended her due to a surplus of tabbards, but she is one of the few heroes that exceeded expectations. She also made a notes improve in my raid defense.

This isn’t to say Reuben doesn’t have value. Truthfully I chased him and just didn’t get him. Are you reds noticeably worse than your purples?

Good luck with whichever you choose though!

:beers:

2 Likes

malicna, simple question … lol

This is my Malicna to 13. She’s good.

Reuben is sat at 1/1 so make of that what you will

1 Like

@Cheds … I have Malicna, Costume Obakan and Zulag all sat at 3/70 …. I can only max one. Who would you say is best candidate for the mats?

I know you didn’t tag me, but I would say the way you list them if the way I would ascend them personally. The exception being if you really like to grind with your teams to utilize riposte.

1 Like

Always depends on roster.

Zulag is actually pretty mean in the centre of a Double defence formation if you don’t have other options. If she goes off the health buff to all is crazy good. It’s niche but she’s not as useless as people will tell you :joy:

Costume Obakan can be a pain too for similar reasons. I don’t tend to like Riposte heroes myself as you can build to just remove it or smash before they get to use it. Only Sif has worked out for me and that’s mostly because of the damage reduction I think.

Malicna won my Tabbards because she has a solid Hit 3 and the secondary part is useful whatever the level of it you get. The super one is overkill usually but I have Guardian Panther which makes Malicna a lot more usable I think. And I mono so the mana buff is super useful at times as well.

As always your mileage may vary but if you want offence I’d go Malicna…defence is a coin flip based on play style. C.Obakan looks awesome though…and artwork matters!

2 Likes

Malicna and then Malicna again! :muscle:

I have both. Since I have Vanda for ailment prevention (I prefer it to Reuben’s DOT reduction), I didn’t bother to max Reuben. I have maxed and emblemed Malicna.

True, formations have greatly improved her viability. I was a closet Zulag fan to start even though I didn’t get her. Long and meaningless story short I summoned too late by not paying attention and did manage Glenda the next day. What makes it tough IMO to still pull the trigger is while she is better by becoming a covering-all hero the same is true of many effect-3 heroes. Does she become disproportionally better then the other effect-3 heroes? Does her ability effecting all outweigh the impact to your entire team being all hit now too in the formation you need to put her in?

This is where it get really roster dependent. I really like her art though. I think you had a thread about cool art on cards at one point @Cheds

For topic relevancy here is my Malicna attack path at +18:

2 Likes

Cookie Settings