Who to emblem? Kelile or Scarlett

I had the same situation few weeks ago, and my answer was Kelile (because I don’t have Marjana).

The point is that ok, I like the attack debuff of Scarlett, and her tile damage is good enough even if not fully emblemed. On the other hand Kelile gains some more of DoT if emblemed with attack path. I’m using her basically on wars and not in the same team as Azlar, so doesn’t stack with other burn damage.

I’m pretty happy about the situation, I have a Kelile+18 and a Scarlett +6 now (saved lots of them during my playtime). On titans they both hit hard and they are useful at wars, so I’m not regretting the choiche: I like snipers (especially with other offensive actions like Joon’s blindness), I used them a lot and till I won’t find Marjana, Kelile will be the red sniper that Scarlett can’t just be.

4 Likes

l love my Scarlett, i stripped out my kelile to emblem Scarlett. Even with emblems my Kelile always was falling down in pos of using other reds like Falcon, lancelot, bolstusk . So no regrets. On the other hand my Scarlett has a huge attk stat which melts through moobs and shines in a stack or against a green titan

1 Like

I think the answer is Scarlett as well. I say Scarlett primarily because you already have Marjana maxed with emblems. If you didn’t more roster info would be pertinent. The reason I wanted to chime in still is that Kelile gets a bad rep that I think is somewhat unfair.

I have a Scarlett and Kelile both emblemed to +18. I use both all the time. As someone mentioned above, Kelile has value as a red, fast mana sniper. I have been playing 3 years as a F2P player. If you don’t get Marjana from TC20 your shot at a specific special event or S2 or 3 red sniping hero is very slim. I therefore still needed Kelile, boosted her to +18 attack path and she holds her own as my mini Marjana. :+1:

Also, I would recommend to go full attack path with emblems. They might survive a little better with emblem boost, but they’re starting so low it doesn’t make as much of an impact. Let rogue evade be their defense. Boosting the A value gives you max tile damage regardless of if they’re living or not too. :+1:

I think it’s important to keep in mind that yes, there is usually a specific hero that can do one aspect better than the heroes you have. There is also always a specific hero that counters another specific hero. That doesn’t mean since the hero you have isn’t the best at a certain aspect or if an enemy teams hero gets used by AI right you’re life gets harder for the next few minutes that your heroes are junk. Lots of heroes can be versatile and very serviceable at multiple things. Kelile fits this. She can be an effective red sniper, especially when emblemed.

:beers:, good luck out there :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Wrong. Against nature titans, Scarlett is heads above shoulders than most fire heroes due to her insane attack stat for an epic hero. Everybody knows that damage from skills has little impact against titans as what matters the most is the attack stat of the hero. The burn from Kelile is just a very minute contribution to you overall titan score while Scarlett reduces the attack damage done by the titan.

I have maxed 2 Scarletts and only 1 Kelile (since maxing her, I haven’t used her in any event). Investment wise, you’ll use Scarlett in the long run than Kelile. If it was possible, I’d rather max a third Scarlett than max a first Kelile, who you’ll find her utility and usability less and less.

1 Like

I agree. But you tend to forget that Scarlett is also a fast mana generating hero. Again, Scarlett’s attack debuff to enemy affects the target and nearby, whereas Kelile’s burn only applies to the single target. Titan-wise, a player should bring with him/her heroes that have high attack stat. Scarlett provides that. Kelile does not. As mentioned by others, they are benching their Keliles. So did I.

1 Like

The issue here is which hero has more usability worthy of emblems: Scarlett or Kelile?

Checking on the previous posts, those in favor of Scarlett are:

Post No. 2:

Post No. 6:

Post No. 7:

Post No. 9:

Post No. 10:

Post No. 11:

Post No. 14:

Post No. 15:

Post No. 16:

Post No. 21:

Those who favor Kelile over Scarlett are:

Post No. 3.

Post No. 12:

Post No. 13:

Neutrals:

Post No. 5:

Post No. 8:

So, there are more posters here who prefer Scarlett over Kelile.

@Slobix The problem with your argument is that you are dishing out suggestion and yet you do not even have a Scarlett to compare the two heroes objectively. Your bias in favor of Kelile is obvious and does not deserve any merit.

@Soiden The writing is on the wall. Up to you who to use emblems for. Good luck.

Edited.

1 Like

Like @Rook noted, I’d go with Scarlett, she is is squishy but does awful damage!

Believe me kelile is the best. Believe me… believe me you all… :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Go with kelile and feed scarlett to dawa, scarlett is yummy2 food

Still, that doesn’t bolster your argument on why Kelile is better to emblem than Scarlett. Your basis is your lone experience with Kelile, lacking the experience playing with Scarlett.

This is just stressing the point that I find more value with Scarlett than with Kelile. I have 2 maxed Scarletts and only 1 Kelile not because I have more Scarletts obtained and only a single Kelile landed on my lap in my over 2 years of playing this game. I have made several Scarletts and Keliles fed to other better heroes over the course of time. And yet, when it has come to nature titan, I always wanted to have Scarlett as my main tile damager (along with Azlar and I don’t have Elena) accompanying my Wilbur and Falcon.

And where exactly do you find instances where Kelile is far better useful than Scarlett other than single sniping with burn? Even if Kelile edges Scarlett on defense stats but its still the same as both are squishy and yet their rogue class MAY extend their survivability as they have a chance to dodge special skills. Since they may rely on their talent, might as well emblem them all sword path, which would boost damage potency of Scarlett even more. Same principle applies to Guardian Jackal, who is also a rogue.

EDIT: @Slobix Why would I shame you? I was just trying to make an intelligent debate with you.

1 Like

I would go with Scarlett in that case.

Why? Both are decent heros, both are hitters. While Scarlett hits harder and is more squishy than Kelile, I think hard hitting ist the most desirable value on a hitter.

sigh

Remember this:

As I have mentioned, Scarlett is far better to emblem than Kelile. To remind you of the topic:

And you offered this as a suggestion:

:roll_eyes: The OP has already mentioned that he has maxed both heroes and was seeking advise which hero to emblem.

This is where I pointed to everyone reading the flaw of your theory that Kelile is better than Scarlett for emblems. You don’t have a maxed Scarlett in the first place and yet you are offering a “wise” decision to emblem Kelile than Scarlett without even had the chance of playing Scarlett for raids, wars, maps and quests. It’s like saying McDonald’s fried chicken is better than Jollibee’s, without having eaten yet the latter’s chicken. Or like saying Android is a better mobile platform than iOS when you haven’t held an iPhone yet. Or like saying that Levi’s jeans are more expensive than Diesel without knowing the price of some Diesel pants. In sum, do not offer suggestions on matters you don’t know too well.

At the end of the day, I respect your opinion on how valuable Kelile is for you and your team than Scarlett, even if you haven’t had a chance to play with the latter hero. Maybe it’s time for me to re-play my Kelile and see whether she is as good as you have claimed and better for emblems than Scarlett. Have a blessed day. Peace out. :v: :v: :v:

1 Like

It really depends on your roster.

Examples

Little John

Poseidon 5* 2.60

While I agree to the general concept that maxing or leveling a hero is based on the player’s bench, the instant issue is to whom the emblems toll: Scarlett or Kelile. Both are fast heroes, of rogue class and squishy. For me, I don’t need any other information since my own experience tells me that Scarlett is far better than Kelile by reason of (1) high tile damage, (2) hits target with splash damage, and (3) debuffs the attack of the target and nearby. I can’t seem to remember any other fire epic heroes that reduces enemies attack potential except Skittleskull (but she’s green) while Kelile’s burn has competition in the likes of Colen. Now, Kelile with GM is less optimal since GM has his own burns to do to a max of 3 enemy heroes. It’s like having Azlar, GM, Marjana and Jean Francois, all burning down but not stacking.

1 Like

Having Kelile just levelled up to 3/60, Scarlett shows up in the portal. I have red the comments above and have convinced me to abanndon Kelile and start with Scarlett. Such a waste of feeders on Kelile for just put her on the bench…

1 Like

At least you can use her in tavern of legends! :wink:

Don’t be discouraged! Kelile is a good hero! Like I said, I had actually emblemed her over Scarlett initially. It really depends on your roster. Maxed Kelile has a place. In fact after my previous post, I actually dusted off my Kelile and used her in my current war :slight_smile:

The question was who to emblem and not who to max. As you can see from the responses, most people max both. BOTH are useful. Scarlett just has a slightly longer shelf life for some :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not wasted at all! As I mentioned I have Kelile and Scarlett at +18. I couldn’t decide and emblemed them both alternating hero node for node.

I have a deep bench and Kelile is still my only red sniper. Tile damage aside for Scarlett, I have at least 4 heroes that drop A.

They’re both on my titan team. I take Kelile over Azlar even for titans because he A value of 800 is higher.

Leveling Kelile and hardly wasted.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone! I’m going with Scarlett, however I can see Kelile could be very useful, too. It’s just a matter of prioritizing one over the other, but and the end, both are good heroes and depending on other details (like roster), Kelile could be a better option.

3 Likes

Seems like the OPs answer is found. I’m going to close this thread.

5 Likes