Who to Ascend - Wolfgang, Nemesis or Cleopatra?

Who should I ascend? I am close to collecting enough darts to ascend either one of them. Quite confused as all of them are decent.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments=)

• Wolfgang
  • Nemesis
  • Cleopatra
  • Wait for someone better

0 voters

1 Like

Nemesis
Among the three, I only have her, and I maximized her, sticking to the ones that are easy to use, especially the second-stage charge

1 Like

OMG, what a choice.

All heroes are great, so no bad decision there. It all depends on your roster, especially your medical department. If you are stocked in healers, then Nemesis would be my first choice. Her super quick and super powerful snipe is great in eliminating threats (usually tank) before they fire. Additional buff prevention is also great for many def heroes (M&M, Hawthorn, Bastet, cFreya…).

Otherwise I’d go with Cleopatra, she’s bonkers.

3 Likes

I think healers are the most important heroes in the game. So if you need a healer at all, go cleopatra no doubt. If you are not in need of a healer, nemesis is the one to level imho.

6 Likes

Look at your teams! It´s rather easy choice:
Do you need better offense: Nemesis
Defense: Wolfgang
Support: Cleo

I’ll argue Wolfgang isn’t great on defense either. His health boost is one turn too long. He’s just mediocre imho. But if you don’t have a yellow for defense he’s serviceable.

6 Likes

Agreed! He isn’t that big of a threat since he needs other family members to get his buff into “undispellable”. I would not give him mats today.

I’ll chime in about Wolfgang. He is very useful for campaign and events if you struggle. Not sure about your roster, but his overheal is a great skill if you don’t have it elsewhere.

1 Like

I will 100% agree with that, I use him to farm a lot.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure cleo is just almost overpowered and healers are always good.

Not even close to overpowered imho. I am reluctant to take her onto war/raids because she doesn’t overheal. Yeah she can bring you back from near death but that’s not enough now days. Mind you I have a lot of healers to choose from. If you don’t, then she’s pretty darn awesome. But if you have Rhys, Charon, Garnett, Arco, Ariel c, etc. why take her? The only way I can use her is w another overhealer and even then, if I’m overheated and she’s charged is her second effect and passive even worth it? I think if she would overheal with status ailment then she would be sick. As is, I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, she’s just good. When I face khufu I try to take two different color 6 tile overhealers. If he hits me and I’m overheated, almost looks like he barely did anything. How well will Cleo perform there? Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Cleo it’s just healer and not overhealer, she it’s strong but not OP, about which one to max it’s depends in your roster and what you need.

1 Like

I ate the word “almost” before overpowered it changed my entire phrase. Anyway I 100% agree, overhealers are more dangerous even when they do boosted health for only nearby. But I would still chose her. Huge stats, annoying passives, crazy healing that no one average hero can do… my vote was her.

2 Likes

I used Wolfgang for a long time on defense and offense. He still is a great support hero, especially with another healer that will ensure he stays alive for his boost to go. That being said, he had to go to the bench when I moved Phenexa up since his boost time just gets extended with her. I’m heavy on healers, so I’d go nemesis.

2 Likes

Another healer don’t ensure nothing to Wolfgang, he can be dispelled so you never will see his overheal ( this it’s for defense), for offense I agree he it’s good.

I agree Wolfgang isn´t the most OP defense hero these, days, but for 99% of people he is servicable. The real question is not if Wolfgang (or any of the other 2 heroes mentioned) is good or bad. The question is if he is better than what they already have in their respective teams.
If their current yellow def hero is garbage, Wolfgang is the best way (out of the 3 options) to improve that. Unless they play yellow tanks (in which case I would maybe pick Cleo) If their current yellow def hero is good, Wolfgang is of no interest.
It simply depends what they have and what they want to improve.

1 Like

Of course you are right, gameplay and strategy must be considered.

Thanks all for the kind responses. I have decided to go with Nemesis as I am lack on fire power. Will keep Cleopatra in check and ascend her next if there is nothing new in my roster. Cheers!

1 Like

The problem with overhealers is that they are bad healers, you only take real advantage if your heroes are almost 100% hp when you use them.
Healing 350/400hp is bad and 80% of the time they won’t overheal.
When i take 2 healers i prefer to take a healer and a overhealer.

2 Likes

Yes but conversely, if you’re at full health, a regular heal can be partially wasted. I take two healers into battle always. There’s give and take with both but I value a lower heal with a chance to increase max hp way more.