Who is the Best & Worst 2022 HOTM?

As the final month of 2022 now closed so we can talk about 2022 HOTM.

Pick 2 of the best 2022 hotm and 2 of the worst hotm.

for me:

Best :

1. zagrog = hit hard, worries free of riposte and any defense buff, i always use him everywhere
  2. morax = reducing enemie’s mana speed and health are always welcome

worst:

1. klaern = you know why
  2. balur = not bad but he is too average

so, how about you guys? pick 2 of the best and worst, and explain why?

NB: i don’t mind if anyone take over this thread and create a poll or create a new thread and combine my post to theirs with poll feature as i am too lazy to create it

10 Likes

Sorry @mogulemon I couldn’t create a topic because of RL issues but I can help the topic little with a poll :blush:

Best Hotm 2022

• Viscaro
  • Iris
  • Zagrog
  • Silvaria
  • Kara
  • Arfanias
  • Klaern
  • Tahir
  • Grace
  • Celidena
  • Morax
  • Balur

0 voters

Worst Hotm 2022

• Viscaro
  • Iris
  • Zagrog
  • Silvaria
  • Kara
  • Arfanias
  • Klaern
  • Tahir
  • Grace
  • Celidena
  • Morax
  • Balur

0 voters

10 Likes

BEST: Kara
Worst: Balur and Klaern

9 Likes

Worst:
Klaern
Balur - he is S1 sniper with better stats.

Best:
Kara - I just love taunt, one of the best offensive skills
Iris - underrated hero, her dispell is very good and special

11 Likes

Good Post @mogulemon !

Best of 2022 for me are:
Iris, maxed and limit broke. Use all the time for taunt heroes and ones that dodge.
Kara, pulled a lot that month but no dice. Strong taunt hero with good stats.

Worst;
Klearn - some people have her maxed on defense and she’s pretty weak. Didn’t get her.
Balur - just got him recently and in the 2022 family bonus is weak he’ll be consumed for its soul.

Cheers

7 Likes

A lot were good this year…

I pulled Kara, Grace, Tahir, Silvaria, Morax, and Celidana.
I think the best 2 of these for me are Kara and Morax.

However, all of them are very useful.

1 Like

Good post.

• Top 3 (not in particular order): Kara, Zagrog and Iris.

1. Grace / Arfanias
  2. Celidana / Morax
  3. Viscaro
  4. Tahir
  5. Silvaria
  6. Klaern
  7. Balur

• criteria: being useful in a diverse amount of areas (event, titan, war, raid), special uniqueness and stat distribution.

That’s just my IMO. As f2p, i dont own many of them and only tested them in beta.

8 Likes

I was granted Zagrog as my first 5star. He’s great. I also pulled Kara, Silvaria, Klaern and Celidana. Not bad for the first year! Haven’t figured out why people think Kara is so good, or why they think Klaern is so bad. Guess I’ll get there. Celidana seems to duplicate C-Viviana too closely. I don’t have her on my priority list.

2 Likes

Kara was my first Taunt hero so I ascend 2 of them. Use them both most wars.

So she wins best in show for me.

Balur as the worst. He might actually be in the running for worst 5* ever…

5 Likes

There are a few great ones that others have mentioned already. One that I really enjoy using is Tahir. I pair him with C-GM and he becomes a one shot machine. Kara is the other one that I love using and try to bring as often as I can.

Worst - I’ll have to agree that Balur is absolute atrocity and the lack of effort that went into designing him is evident.

Few things that make Kara so good, in my opinion, is that her buffs (mainly taunt) last 4 turns, she’s immune to defensive ailments, and she gains 10% mana every time a buff is dispelled from her. Her taunt lasting 4 turns gives you more time to soak up those fiends, defensive ailments, or any other ailments the other team presents. She works really well for me on attacks.

1 Like

Ok in my honest opinion the best two would be:

Kara and Iris …. Followed by Zagrog (I got all three).

And the worst two would be:

Klaern and Balur (sadly I got both)

3 Likes

Best - #1 Kara, #2 Grace
Worst - #1 Balur, #2 Klaern

1 Like

I never got Kara, Iris, or Zagrog, but of those 3, the only one I cared that I didn’t get was Kara. Of the ones that I did get, I’m really happy with Tahir, Silvaria, Morax, and Viscaro in that order.

As far as terrible ones, as others have said, Klaern & Balur. I didn’t get Klaern, who is such a non-issue in raids. I did get Balur though. I tried to be completely objective and said to myself, if I was a relatively new player and I got both uncostumed Magni and Balur, which was more worthy of fighter emblems? I thought this was an entirely fair comparison. And Magni, even without costume, I thought was better. Especially considering the potential for a super talent after +20. This is even without considering the small possibility of a costume.

1 Like

Best Kara and Viscaro. Viscaro’s auto fiends make him very, very good against certain defenses with minion summoners and healers. For example you can play a long game vs teams with MN you can concentrate your specials on the damage dealers and just leave MN to slowly be picked apart

Worst Klaerm and Balur

4 Likes

Klaern was my first 5* and I ascended him before I understood how useless he was or how rare ascension mats were, so I have a particular loathing for him. Also, his face is smug. Balur is average but not so offensive to me.

I hate going up against both kara and zagrog so I’d put them at the top of the list for best!

1 Like

Silvaria and Kara are best in my opinion (of those I own).

Worst Klaern obviously. They really just don’t care do they?

Totally biased opinion but my three 1/1 Celidana’s allowed me to go deep into the Elemental event, and I think she’ll be an all-star if you pair her with Musketeers who are damage sponges. Morax looks badass. I like the idea of Klaern and I have a hope that if I pair him with Tethys her superior water damage will overwrite his and make his healing… not embarrassingly low? Viscaro is unique, so bonus points there. Balur is terrible, even his artwork.

1 Like

Best: Grace. Because she’s the only one I got.

Worst: All the others! Because I don’t have them. :laughing:

15 Likes

I made the rookie mistake of using my 2nd Kara to level up the 1st, thinking “why would I need 2?”. I’ll never make that mistake again. Back to the topic, I’ve found Celidana quite useful but only when there’s enough protection and time for her boosted healing skill. Tahir has shown to be very powerful in a Fire heavy team as well. Grace is halfway done and Balur is sitting at the bottom of the queue and will probably be soul exchanged.

5 Likes

I’m confident enough to say yes he is. Only worst one would be pre buff Aegir, who does not exist anymore. The red exorcist guy who was pretty crappy until last days also got a buff. (Reuben?)

Azlar and Horghall without costumes are also a bunch of trash but they can be useful somehow in rush. Balur is just Balur everywhere. He has nothing to offer.

S1 Magni with Superior Revive is better.

3 Likes