Who is the Best Vanilla Tank? šŸ¦

Yesterday I use 3 blue against Elena Tank, I lost all 3x attemptā€¦ not even once my blue heroes fire its skillā€¦ 3 bad boards in a rowā€¦

1 Like

A fast dispeller as Seshat helps a lot against Elena, Khagan, Ares, BK and Mitsuko. Thatā€™s why my 3-2 against red tanks is always blue-purple. If the board doesnā€™t help me with the blue tiles, I focus on purple. Of course, may happen to not have the second colour either, but this is something really rare :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol. What a coincidence, same thing happened with me. I lost two raids to an Elena tank, both times I worked the board to get blue tiles and killed her, but she revived and immediately put riposte. I had dispeller (was using a 3-2 blue purple team with Seshat) but by the time I was able to get her ready, she died just by the riposte. It was horrible. Never knew a heavily talented Elena could be so troublesome. :rofl:

3 Likes

In my honest opinion, I would say Richard first followed very closely by Justice - both with emblems of course. I also use Elena, Thorne and Domitia as tanks in my war teams.

1 Like

I think her low defense is intended to increase counterattack damage.

Thus, IF I had her, Iā€™d go for life and attack.

1 Like

Is that Delilah? Ok, minions arenā€™t quite a buff,but they are extra hp and a bit of attack.

Iā€™m scare of elena. She is beast when maxed and emblemed.

When she goes off, your opponent can be said can attack you twice (the 2nd one thru riposte, which is u attack ur self)

Emblems make a very large effect on the tank.

Low emblem Guin = not much trouble
High emblem Guin = super PITA

Same goes for other tanks like Aegir. So just saying a hero is weak as tank is not accurate in the current meta.

Elena should only be invested in offense/HP route. Mine is only costumed without emblems.

1 Like

A 3:2 or 3:1:1 in all the riposte examples weā€™re talking about. In some ways I think riposters are similar to other heroes, like Isarnia, where if they fire itā€™s on the scale of bad to really really bad.

Personal experience of going against the classic tanks finds Richard the most troubling, largely due to his average speed (I think). My greens are robust in attack too.

With a Justice, you are also fighting the plethora of dark killers people have leveled to counter Guin. The shear numbers of Rigards also work against her. Then thereā€™s that slow speed. All of the slow tank heroes give you so much time to load specials and tiles. She has a wicked blind if it fires.

3 Likes

For a +20 tank a mono needs 2 more tiles and a stack of 3 now need more than 6 or 7 tiles to kill the tank.

Since not only the defender has talent, itā€™s not much of a difference, but for all those who just started playing, itā€™ll be hard to catch up.

2 Likes

You but with March buff, her damage is bigger (192%??? to 202%)and the riposte is also bigger (115% to 125%, so few defense node will really help her survive to fire the skill (revive talent donā€™t work 100%) without sacrificing too much riposte effect.

I donā€™t really have trobule with Justice (I utilize Rigard+Ariel) or Richard, their ailment is nasty but not deadly so my hero can still survive and then cleanse even during bad boards.

If bad board happen, I wish it is not against Elena or Azlar, especially Elena as my dispeller can die by riposte while I match their tilesā€¦

Not really, blue stack will kill themselves even with defense investment on Elena. Rellying on revive talent alone is not enough, sure it can revive and fire but then she will be killed with only 1 hit which means opponent get low riposte from killing her. Then it would be up to the 2 flanks to use the riposte, do we also need to avoid using defense node on the flanks?

That also point to another questions, which troops is best for Elena?

Which heroes are her best flank? Is it healer of fast damage all heroes?

The one I lost 3x have Kadilen flank.

Riposte effectiveness is based on low def and high HP for survival.

Elena is a gamble tank that mono will still kill her even if highly emblemed. Best to maximize her strengths in case she fires. Max damage while still give max riposte damage while alive.

I hope itā€™s not an off topic but I need some advice. A few days ago I was lucky to get Richard from the TC20 and he will be my tank. The only red 5* I have is Elena. I almost finished maxing BT and he will get around 12 emblems immediately. All the next warrior emblems will be spent for him till i get to 18. And in such a case I wonder if Elena is worth taking her to 4-80. If we talk about titan hits she shines but in any other situation she is average or lower. Would you leave her on 3-70 and wait for better red or max her? Could you also please help me in making best possible defence team at the moment based on my roster? I would really like to have Caedmon in my DEF squad but the problem is Melendor has all the druid emblems and in my opinion they should stay there.

I think thatā€™s a little harsh - riposte is a great skill against AI bosses because they arenā€™t bright enough to dispell it.

Plus she has a costume available.

I guess it depends who you think is better and of youā€™re likely to get them.

Of the tc20 heroes, only Marjana is better favoured. If you are going to spend big for QoH, BK, GM or mitsuoko, then certainly save them.

3 Likes

Elena with costume is amazing but getting it may never happen. I just wonder if she would be ok as the flank next to Richard in a def team e.g. White Rabbit - Boldtusk - Richard - Elena - Caedmon/Melendor

1 Like

But with that she will be at only low HP left and wonā€™t get much riposte chance.

Even Boril with ultra high defense is harder to fight than Cyprian who is more like Elena.

Who is thr Best Vanilla Tank is not easy question as emblem will make many variation.

Full Attack/HP Elena vs Full Def/HP Elenaā€¦

1 Like

No such answer as best vanilla tank.
It is who you pair them with. Only some are easier choices.

Azlar and Elena = gamble tanks

Itā€™s either they fire or they donā€™t.

Boril is better than Cyprian in raids for being more sturdy but with a less effective riposte.

Using Elena to compare is a little off because Elena has a massive AOE.

Here is some stat comparison:

Elena Attack Defense HP Stamina
None 809 578 1312 7.023.222
Attack + HP 919 626 1485 8.853.231
Def > HP 872 718 1411 10.122.668
HP > Def 872 681 1485 9.919.164

Stamina here is defined as Def^1.35 Ɨ HP.

As in damage formula, Attack have ^1.35 modifier, Elena with Attack+HP route will have 7.34% more damage than Elena with Def>HP or HP>Def route.

Meanwhile, Elena with Def>HP route will have 14.34% more stamina than Attack+HP Elena. The other sacrifice is 16.9% riposte damage.

Lastly, Elena with HP>Def route will have 12.04% more stamina than Attack+HP Elena. The other sacrifice is 11.75% riposte damage.

vs Attack+HP Regular/Skill Damage Riposte Damage Stamina
Def > HP -7.34% -16.90% 14.34%
HP > Def -7.34% -11.75% 12.04%
1 Like

I still donā€™t get why compare stamina for gamble tanks. Itā€™s either win or loss the moment they fire.

Elena will die even with max stamina.
Her job is to fire primarily and her surviving is a bonus.

Max offense for her with HP secondary. The only path I would put for her would be any route with HP.