Who gets the mats?

Who gets the mats next/why? The second pic is my main defense. Vivica is my only fully ascended 5*. I also have Gullinbursti, mist, and Guardian Jackal maxed.

Sif is surprisingly good. I would pick her myself and put her as a flank in your defense team taking Vivica out. Bai Yeong has a cool special that works well on offense to control 1 defensive hero, but that’s it. He doesn’t hit hard. Vivica you already have 1 of so you don’t need another. Plus I’m not a fan of slow heroes.

2 Likes

I would go with Sif, but you should finish your defense before.

1 Like

Would she replace any of these on defense?

Of those three, I would also go with Sif, and I am. Mine is almost finished (4/74). If you decide to use her in your defense, put her at flank, not wing to maximize her special (which affects her and nearby). As a general rule, I only use Fast or Very Fast heroes in the wings of my defense teams with the exception of a “finisher” such as Killhare. The reason being that using a slow hero means that by the time they fire off their special it is usually too late to matter. The exceptions to that are “revivers” such as Mother North, Alberich, or Heimdall. So when maxed you could try a defense of Seshat-Sif-Tyr-Frigg-Alasie. Good luck!

1 Like

Sif is more defensive, Bai is good on attack teams

1 Like

Yes… But that should not be your priority!

Offense is the important thing to think about when you’re choosing - then build the best defence from what you’ve got.

Defence is really niche - I wouldn’t recommend picking heroes to ascend with defence as a consideration at all until you’ve got 15-20 maxed out 5* heroes.

1 Like

Sif wont work in the wing. The ability is for her and nearby allies. Ideally it works really well as tank or flank but not wing

4 Likes

If you replace Vivica with Sif, you would force the attacker to bring a dispeller and this will be a problem for Tyr.

I think most people won’t bring a dispeller just for him, but for Sif of course.

I would keep Vivica but place her as tank or flank, not on the wing.

2 Likes

Yes, I was thinking flank position in my head but wrote wing. It was right before I went to bed. Lol I edited to what I meant.

1 Like

I don’t disagree and the good news is that most of the heroes considered here are good on offense as well (Frigg, Alasie, Seshat, and Sif). @Wormwood did a great write-up on Sif and her usefulness on offense.

2 Likes

@BigE1 thanks, I’ll check it out.

1 Like