Who are the best 5* tanks

(There’s Obakan too, but his riposte only covers himself.)

And boss wolf. He has 3 Riposte like Elena, Cyprian and Boril.

(Yes, but Brobb was referring to TC heroes.)

Ares and Aegil are quite similar, they both are good until you bring Sonya or Caedmon to the battle. The issue with Guinevere is that her mana-splash is non dispellable OP debuf which push you back. Just do the mana-splash triggered on the second move so that it makes her dispellable as any other tank and she should be equivalent to other tanks.

Ares is one of the easiest tanks to take down with tripled blues, given that the board isn’t entirely against you. I remember times when I haven’t got any maxed 5* and using maxed Grimm, maxed Kiril and maxed Sonya I wreaked havoc on Ares:-B

This is a huge reason why. The insta tick in the heal plus the fact you cant dispel her heal immediately due to lack of power is also a reason.

I would like to see obakan reflect buff turned into a pwr drain reflect so that every tile that hits obakan drains power instead of reflect damage. This would make obakan a decent flank character and slow down the atk team.

1 Like

I’m all for a Obakan buff but with a similar effect it would broke the game IMHO :man_shrugging:

It wouldn’t be similar more controllable. Since it’s a single person power reflect and he still takes damage. You still come out ahead. Plus the drain can be less then the amount a tile normally provides meaning all the power drain does is slow the rate of charge. A power drain reflect would make a great tank buff but the amount of drain needs to be balanced.

Interesting idea. By “power” you mean mana? The only trouble with this approach is that, when the incoming damage is from a special, the attacker has just spent all its mana. The S2 hero Sumitomo splits the difference, doing 135% riposte damage and giving a mana pop to Sumitomo.

Check out the link where i posted what I did and see if that helps.

1 Like

@Wormwood could you feelings on using Aegir as a tank… you are the only player that I know that has one @ 80.

Thanks for the link - sorry I didn’t see it before. I’m going to think about the summary data you have posted instead of immediately posting stupid questions that have obvious answers.

My first impression is that it’s striking that these different hero positions all seem to result in very similar (functionally identical?) equilibrium cup levels. You’ve already pointed this out, it’s just very interesting to see the numbers back up what you said.

They are all one day averages or sums of three days worth of data… the variation in the matching algorithm (posted elsewhere) may have a larger outcome on the results over 3 days than the hero placement.

If I were to run the data collection over a week for each set up or even a month, then I would probably get something much more interesting. Unfortunately that is not going to happen as I am already devoting too much time to this game.

It’s certainly a small sample and I’m sure there are all sorts of problems with it. But I’ve never seen anyone else do what you’ve done. To my knowledge, this is the only time anyone has posted comparative defensive results for identical heroes in varying positions.

1 Like

Aegir has a solid base to be an awesome tank I think… But he’s not there yet. His defensive stats are nice but his special still seems to be sub-par… 3 turns on the shared damage is just not enough, it seems to go by so fast, not enough time to see a positive impact… The self heal is also way too marginal, barely makes any difference and lastly the element link needs to be upped to at least 5% as other heroes… All in all a solid platform I think, one they need to improve to make him a real contender and viable option for a new tank… Or leave his stats/specials the way they are but make him a fast mana hero…

3 Likes

I liked the way Kerridoc put it…

Aegir doesn’t have that “oh crap, the tank’s special is going to fire” feeling that the best tanks have.

Also, personally I have an easier time holding cups overnight with a Delilah tank vs a Gravemaker tank. Vivica has held better cups for me than Gravemaker has. I’m not at all convinced he’s a top tank.

He’s not a bad hero. I already debated this with @Wormwood on another thread. The viability of a good tank is measured by the time he survives and his skills can affect the enemy to help the strikers deal a lot of damage. Aegir has a good concept and I’m totally against fast mana tanks.
However, as I said, he is not VIABLE because everything good he has vanishes with dispel, and worst: what is the best dispeller of the game? Which color is she? Which mana speed is she?
The combination of all three answers in one word Zeline already kills Aegir proposition.
He will be awesome for new and mid players who don’t have to face Guin - Zeline everyday, but for the big group of spenders he will be one more AW hero until they make him undispellable or turn Zeline into average mana.

Yup… He definitly has the right platform for a solid tank. But he’s not there yet. He needs something that will make him unique. Many possibilities I think, and I’m working on a write up on this topic. But basically something like leave his stats/special as-is now, but make him fast mana. Or leave him average with the 3 turns but make it undispelable… Or give him a mana drain akin to Guin, and make it so that only one can be active during game play, I don’t know… He needs that positive gimmick going for him, anything, because as of right now he has none.

I also have Khiona.
Who would you use, where and why?
Ty for any input :slight_smile:

Khiona on Obakan place for sure.
You will need a healer. Try for Melendor as he has great attack stats, debuffs and can replace Horghall that is your most misplaced hero