Blue

• Richard

Green:

• Alberich, Horghall, Yunan

Yellow:

• Justice, Guinevere A+

Dark:

• Hel

Who are the dont’s , who are the YES tanks?

If i look at these, there are much red ones, SG might give an extra blue and an extra dark.

Of course it depends on which heroes you can put next to them, but i like to hear your opinions.

1 Like

Marjana is a bad tank. If she is on Anchor’s list then Anchor is sadly mistaken. Ares is a good tank, but is not A+. Richard is a poor tank and should not be on the list. Who is Yunan?

Are Delilah (yellow) and Aeron (purple) and Zeline (green) really missing? They should certainly be there.

2 Likes

Yunan is a sand hero.

And i just picked the A and A+ tank position heroes from the list.
And Zeline, Aeron and Delilah have a B for tank position.

Sand heroes are rare, so I guess that explains why I’m unfamiliar with Yunan. If Zeline, Aeron and Delilah are ranked ‘B’, then the ranking system is wrong.

(Caveat: this is just an opinion. Anchor’s rankings are also just an opinion, and you might reasonably choose to give that opinion more weight than mine. Or not.)

12 Likes

Next months HotM, Aegir, is a good blue tank candidate. Maybe—depends on what the final design is. It’s been a wildly moving target.

A good dark tank would be nice, but its effectiveness would be compromised by the widely available, highly effective Jackal.

1 Like

Agreed the problem about Green and Purple tanks is that they are easily countered by Falcon/Jackal and they are lot more common than 5* elemental defense debuffers like Panther or Arthur.

Gravemaker is A+. As a matter of fact 4 80 GM is completely broken. He needs a nerf. Ares isn’t too bad compared to GM. GM is right there with Guinevere. Maybe worse.

1 Like

The only tanks I have to game for are Guinevere and gravemaker. The sand one can be a hassle, but I don’t see it too often. All the rest are average in my opinion. Typically only a very bad board will cause me to lose to the other tanks.

nerf Guin nerf gravmaker nerf tarlak…
whom we should use? We have Season 2 and new Heroes will be much stronger then guin/gm/…if sg will do some nerf to s1 heroes, it would be a big failure.

2 Likes

Justice is probably the best tank you can get out of your TC20.

Super high HP and DEF, so despite slow she’ll last long enough to get her shot off, in particular if you flank her with healers. Also she has blind as her special which is one of the best defensive specials out there.

3 Likes

Gravemaker is a big marshmallow and when I see him as a tank I laugh uncontrollably. His special is as weak as water and he’s easy to kill. He fills my chests.

(I know many others are intimidated by GM, which is why I withheld my objection to Anchor’s ‘A’ ranking. But there is no way on earth he is overpowered.)

6 Likes

Richard a bad tank? Then I have to think about my defence. Rigard - Zeline - Richard - Azlar - Chao. Should I put Zeline or Azlar in the middle?

1 Like

Richard is a fine tank. Moreover, he’s stronger there than in any other position.

I don’t like burying healers in the corner, though. Consider flipping Rigard and Zeline.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I used to stay away from him. As a tank he gets off 1 or sometimes 2 times before I take him down but a quick heal and the pain is gone and so is he with a nice big ghosting hole available :slight_smile:

I don’t think SGG intended gravemaker to be a tank. He might have a bit to much def stat but that’s it.

Personally I think when designing a tank they should make it so that hero has an elemental def buff vs it’s strong color like guin vs dark. This helps those tanks vs raids where people color stack. Since attackers are already at a benefit.

I’m actually not to concerned with gravemaker being overpowered. He’s self contained and doesn’t provide support. And as blue hero’s power creep he will be easier to handle however, but guin likely needs that heal nerf.

Guin however is just badly designed. I agree she is just a pure tank. Her issue is she is supporting her flanks which in turn support her and creates balance issues where when she’s is paired with other hero’s in beta like prenerf aegir she is just completely broken. She makes it harder to design balanced hero’s. I wouldn’t mind seeing aegir with elemental green def buff too.

I will try, thanks :slight_smile:

Well all heroes skill as tank is relative to the other choices that you have morning Cups are significantly higher with a GM tank than either Zeline or Delilah… I don’t have Aeron at 80, but my alliance mate does, he does better with Aeron at the helm than GM.

So from my experience (supplemented with someone who has an 80 Aeron)

Aeron > GM > Delilah >Zeline

This post summarizes what I mean by best.

3 Likes

I’d certainly be much more worried about facing your team with either Zeline or Azlar as tank - I think Azlar might be better, with Zeline and Richard as flanks, Rigard and Chao as wings. Worth remembering that @Kerridoc disagrees and @Kerridoc is smart.

That ranking is pretty reasonable, I think. I disagree with it a little - I’d rank them

Aeron > Delilah > Zeline > A Used Baby Wipe > GM

but perhaps that is because my own attack team is not particularly vulnerable to GM.

With respect to your team in particular, I feel obliged to note that facing Delilah in tank with Zeline and GM as flanks is pretty horrible. Giving GM Delilah’s protection makes him a much tougher proposition than when he is in tank, and he is likely to survive much longer (and get his special off repeatedly). Zeline’s annoying special can also foil many well laid plans, so an attacker has to worry about her at the same time. Plus the simple task of killing Delilah is not always easy - her special is particularly troublesome and combines very well with the others.

So I strongly recommend you continue with GM as your tank, just to make my life easier when I attack you. :wink:

5 Likes

In the top 50 I see 8 Gravemaker tanks, one Alasie, one Boril, one Delilah, one boss wolf and 38 Guinevere. 49 out of 50 teams have at least one Gravemaker, some have 2. Overpowered? No more than Guinevere.

Just to rehash @Brobb , GM is a requirement for top 50 and tank is an acceptable field position.

Cookie Settings