Which was your first avatar and why?

After a search on this topic have found no thread with this specific content, most discussion is i want X or y avatar, or why do I have spend so many gems, or why do I have dupes, etc…

But the story I really would like to hear is, why, on the first impact with the game one chooses a specific hero as his presenting card, what features thought that hero would have that resembled their own, and there was room for any disappointment afterwards.

Btw if you can remember, to whom you changed and why, and who’s the current one.

2 Likes

I’ll start.

I chose Boril. I understood the armoured Dwarf was a tank of some sorts, and the beard and closed face reminded of myself upon new situations (the suspicion about new game was the case)

I still like the hero, changed avatar for seasonal ones when I get them, and currently hold Chick Jr., reflex of.my inner joyfull child, obtained on my first event one year ago. (Bye bye Frosty, second frowny face i identified with)

Keep up the discussion!

Cheers

2 Likes

First I remember using was Chao. Didn’t look like me, then again none really did at the time. I’ve settled with the Parrot. Wife and I love traveling and cruising. We actively seek out speakeasys and top ranked tiki bars as well all over. Seemed like the relaxed avatar I strive for.

7 Likes

I started with Derric and then I changed to Chao (as I look like a little bit to him, since I’ve got oriental roots).

I remember having used as well the avatar of Wilderfrost scout (a kind of iceman) as he reminded me the God Odin (which was my first nickname).

Afterwards, I got the avatar of the vampire Victor in the Morlovia event and I used it as well. The reason? Very simply. Victor is my real name.

And now I change between the axes, Kirin or Thor.

4 Likes

Don’t remember my first, but I know exactly who came after and why.

My first and only completed POV (Reuben).

My first hero I actually wanted and got (Rigard).

For me, it’s a visual representation of my progress.

Edit: Looking forward to switching to the seadragon… only 48 to go!

Cool topic!

2 Likes

The first memorable avatar for me was 4 star purple Rigard. I thought he looked pretty cool.
After that it was the season heroes, most recently Krampus and then the avatars available in POV rewards.

3 Likes

First avatar I used was Rigard. He was similar to how I actually looked back then. Currently, I use the cyclops avatar. Been using this avatar for over 2 years. I lost an alliance wager for top Titan hitter. Winner picked it and I’ve been using it since.

3 Likes

Magni. Didn’t look like a loser like many. Also wasn’t already used by an alliance mate. I hate when two people think it’s okay to use the same avatar.

6 Likes

My first was lianna for a very long time, I thought she looked pretty cool + I loved playing street fighter and loved and always played with the character chun li, thought lianna looked like her sister but nature type card.
Changed to:
Now mine is a seahorse, love the seahorse and current background… I love the sea and also he looks like an alien seahorse.

Thankfully, my teammates all have their very own individual unique avatars.

2 Likes

I think I picked Berden off the bat, due to similar looks. Then very quickly switched to Rigard bother because I pulled him with my first or second epic hero token, and still similar look, so it seemed fitting.

Whenever I get a new one, I use it for a while, esp. if I have the hero. Was Krampus and/or Frosty for a while recently. like those because sometimes they fit my mood. was just Uraeus. currently the Seadragon. seem to always end up going back to Rigard though.

2 Likes

Always picked the oldest looking guy, because I’m old

6 Likes

Started the game and heavily used Bane as my initial avatar because he was the closest the game had to a hero/avatar that matched me personally.

Then I got into a fun alliance, started doing well in the Seasonal Events (and were great indications of my progress through the games) and then decided to change my avatar to whichever Seasonal Hero I got, especially if they were new. Bane to Jack O’Hare. O’Hare to Vlad. Shocked I forgot to change Vlad to Buddy after getting him.

If I somehow manage to get a new Springvale hero, might decide to keep changing between them. Now, I just wish I could get backgrounds without needing to spend gems.

2 Likes

My first avatar was Sonya and I have it till now. Why? Because I like her look, she’s blond like me, her armour and blue cape is cool (I know you cannot see them in avatar). That was at the very beginning and I didn’t know names of many heroes. I was surprised when I found out that she has the same name as me! :grin:

7 Likes

Mine was Chao because of the good looks, I have used Sonya for almost a year now however. (I love my Sonyas)

4 Likes

I used Nashgar for a looong loong time. Because we look a lot alike lol…

Jokes aside… Back in the day I use to play Warcraft and always liked em Orcs

Have been using a skeleton one now for longer than a year, I suppose

3 Likes

Sonya because she’s hot. Currently Malicina because she’s got that naughty librarian vibe going.

2 Likes

My first one was also Chao. The best looking back then. Even if I don’t look like him. :wink:
Then I switched to the trainer hero. Because I love blue. And he’s a trainer, like me in my alli. And he looks a bit mysterious. :smirk:

2 Likes

Graymang, because I like wolves. And since I essentially stopped shaving and getting haircuts since COVID hit, I now actually look like him.

Still using the same, though I added a darker background just for customization.

3 Likes

My first was Brand for the smug face.
Then i switch to Sir Lancelot pretty much all my gaming experience because… it has a better smug.

1 Like

First one used is the default Gunnar because avatars didn’t really mean anything to me as it didn’t affect game play.

Eventually I switched to Chao because of my background, nowadays I switch on a few that I just got whenever a new one is acquired and currently settling on the Sif avatar because it looks pretty.

1 Like

Cookie Settings