Which pair to emblem: Mist & Brynhild or Hansel & Gretel?

Looking for opinions on the better pair to give emblems to. I want to keep them as a pair for the realm/family bonus. I use Mist more than Gretel and I use Hansel more than Brynhild, so it’s sort of a wash in that regard. I have enough emblems to bring either pair up to 18 or so.

Usage will be for trials, tournaments, war teams, and the occasional raid.

Thoughts?

I guess this is a question of whether to give cleric emblems to Mist or Hansel.

I personally prefer using Mist and Brynhild. However, their family/realm bonus is not that significant imo. It gives +10% attack bonus only when one of them has low HP. Maybe if you have Sif to pair with them, it can become more significant. Fables has a better family bonus imo b/c theres no requirement for them to be low HP.

Brynhild is really useful imo. I will be leveling a 2nd Brynhild (and will potentially do a 3rd and maybe 4th) for war b/c her fast heal helps me buy time and stay alive if there is a bad board. I’m working towards building war teams that are mainly 4-1 with the 1 being a healer and Brynhild will fill that spot. Then I will have another healer in the 4-stack color like Rigard who I will put next to Brynhild so he stays alive.

ex:
Purple war team: Purple hitter - Purple hitter - Purple hitter - Brynhild - C.Rigard
Yellow war team: Yellow hitter - Yellow hitter - Mist - Brynhild - Vivica
Green war team: Green hitter - Green hitter - Green hitter - Brynhild - C.Rigard

In regards to tournaments, Brynhild is excellent for buff booster. If you have other mana control heroes emblemed like Proteus or Merlin, maybe consider embleming Mist over Hansel. Otherwise, you could emblem Hansel, Gretel and Brynhild. If you are heavily weighing the family bonus for whatever reason, then fables is better for sure.

Ultimately, when you make your decision, think about how the emblems will benefit your use of the heroes. Mist and Hansel have similar Attack and Def but Mist has 123 more HP than Hansel.

6 Likes

I suppose in my head it was pretty much a race between Hansel and Mist, but you bring up great points about Brynhild. I do have Lady of the Lake at +13, and C. Melendor so I have a lot of my green healer needs met. I like your 4-1 team idea with a supporting off-healer.

Hansel does still look pretty squishy even with emblems while Mist’s stats are impressive. As you suggest, I do have Merlin that I could emblem up for mana control.

Thanks @B1gHeadAss, you’ve given me a lot to think about!

C. Melendor is a good healer since he can charge in 9 tiles with a lvl 5+ mana troop. Lady of the Lake is fine but often too slow to save your team if you get a bad board. Brynhild is one of the few fast speed healers in the game. She’s balanced out by only healing nearby instead of healing the whole team. GL with your choice!

Not sure what to say? I have a Brynhild and a Mist and I love them (Bryn especially) although Mist takes more work, she’s great. I have faced Hansel and Gretel; I don’t like Gretel, she is just mean!

2 Likes

All of them are good. But personally, I emblemed Mist and Brynhild.

@B1gHeadAss has already detailed the reasons for Brynhild. She is indeed an excellent support hero. :slight_smile:

As for Mist, her skills together come in handy in many clutch situations.

Her mana control slows down the enemy mana gain drastically… AND even if the enemy manages to fire, they won’t be able to add any buffs to themselves. That’s quite neat when you think about it.

(She practically nullifies riposte heroes such as Boril and Cyprian.)

Moreover, the special def down she casts is quite handy when you don’t have other def down casters in your team. Works well with snipers, in my experience.

Personally, I have my Mist and Brynhild emblemed to +18 and +19 respectively. Never regretted putting emblems on them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have all 4, with gretel the only one without talents.

Mist is fantastic on offense, bry on D and also saved me on o. My offensive team for mono green is liana bry atomos elkanen hansel. If i can remove elk with a special good hero this team would do very good considering the embelms

To.ask your question you can t get wrong with any of those

1 Like

TL;DR: Fables has better “bonus” and H/G synergy is probably better too, so if pair is all that matters, choose the Fables pair. :smile:

Putting aside the pair aspect, I’ve got one Brynhild +19 and the other I’m slowly embleming up (+9 now after stripping Scarlett, could go further if I strip Jackal +12 and though I’m tempted I know that is not wise lol)… the fact I can attack with two fast healer / mana booster / special defender / buff protector flanks who ALSO evade regularly … well … makes for some super fun times! I usually run with Almur, Kingston, Caed (for cleanse/dispel depending on opponent) and that can work great in most cases. My Hansel doesn’t fit in unfortunately. If only Bryn cleansed and Almur dispelled LOL. Before I had the second Bryn it wasn’t quite as fun, but she still was fantastic. So personally I’d pick Bryn, which means by default the winner is Mist and Bryn.

Do have Mist, emblemed, she’s great though don’t use her alot in general raiding (see mono green above lol). Like others have said, not too sold on the realm bonuses that apply when low health. More often than not you’re probably wanting to heal at that point rather than dying next turn!

Have Hansel, not Gretel, only family bonus I’ve ever really used (though never noticed the difference or even paid attention to) is having BK and LotL in the same lineup. Family bonus certainly better than realm bonus, but in the case of 2x Fables heroes you’re getting +3% attack and +5% defense. Nothing to sneeze at, but I’d be putting a higher priority on determining which hero(es) of the four would help you the most overall rather than which pair. Hmm but if you’re lacking in mana control, these two would be great together (even on different teams for things like Tavern of Legends.) My Hansel is +11, +def/hp/atk in that order, and I dunno, he’s still too easily taken out… plus the AI has a thing for my Hansel!

1 Like