Which is more effective for 3 star tournaments - emblems or troops?

Troops or emblems?
I dont really want to waste the suplies, but, you can only go so far with just maxed heroes.
Considering that i have 4 to 6 heroes for each elements what would be a good compromise?
Thanks.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

On the long run I might go for the troops.
Emblems sure give a great boost, but you might end up reseting your heroes to give your emblems to stronger heroes (4* 5*) thus losing the food and iron you used.

Leveled troops are never lost.

1 Like

Most effective 3* are those with mana control, i always play with rudolph, pixie and those with -mana generation imo, i also do very good on wars with them since i dont have 6 teams and i dont need them with emblems or troops

1 Like

Sorry, i meant tournaments, with just maxed heroes i usually last 2 maybe 3 days.
I keep crashing when i run into maxed+ full emblemed teams. I never paid attention about the troops, maybe i should of, Ć·)
Thanks
Have fun.
Wolf9

Do you want the title edited? I didnā€™t want to presumeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d say that it is a matter of your 3* roster.

My experience is that you can play up to 1% in tournament with simply maxed heroes without emblems and fancy troops.

1 Like

Costumes are also a good option for the power boost.

My attack team so far is:
Gunnar costume, valen, karil and 2x kvasir
Only 2 defeats in 3 days, with lvl1 troops and no emblems

1 Like

Got up to 5%, then got nailed. Combination of loosy boards and strong teams. Played 3/2 teams, depending on opponents mostly Blues with yellows or purples.
Gato, Valen, Gunnar, maxed. Blue is my weak color, in 3*'s, for some reason.
Green in the other handā€¦
Have fun.
Wolf9

Not costumes for these yet, but a good point. Thanks.

I do similar. 3+2 with Blue and Yellow/Purple.

My Blue: Gato, Valen, Ulmer
Yellow: Pixie, Bane, Gan Ju, Melia
Purple: Gill-Ra, Balthazar, Tyrum (3.46)

I am only top 25% with two failures.

My point is that if you donā€™t want to spend resources on 3* teams then play as much as you can and that is it. My approach is to play without spending gems on reset of failed games. If I can get high it is nice if I canā€™tā€¦ wellā€¦ it saves me some time.

It gives some loot anyway.

1 Like

I do troops lvl 5 and emblems +1 to enable the ability.

2 Likes

Your question: is it better to invest in level 2 troops or 3* heroes to be more effective in 3* tournaments.

I think the easy answer is troops. The heroes that you want to use in tournaments varies across Rush, Bloody Battle, and Buff tourneys. So your investment in troops will be helpful in all three varieties while emblems on a hero may not.

The trade off is that troops do require a lot of food, and the level 2 troops that youā€™re investing in may not see much action in wars or raids, depending upon how many three and four star troops you have.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Yes and no.

The troops are indeed there to stay forever, however the troops you sacrificed to level up 2* troops mightā€™ve been put to better use leveling up that 4* mana troop youā€™ve been slowly pushing along for so long. After all thereā€™s no reliable way of farming troops other than to play for a long time (or unless you want to drop boatloads of money on ETS and use 3* for leveling).

All about the opportunity cost.

1 Like

Sometimes, I think it depends on the type of tournament. I still prefer having strong troops anyway. Theyā€™re more consistent, whereas some heroes really do well against certain other heroes, and sometimes not.

1 Like

For the war it was a good option :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t level any troop below 4*

I know what you mean, Iā€™ve been tempted to level 2* troops for events and tourneys, but ultimately decided I was gonna regret it in the long run. I also donā€™t bother with leveling anything below 4*. I think when I did the comparison, even a lv 1 4* troop is about as good as lv 8 or 9 3* troop. Just think about how much food and troops youā€™d be wasting on leveling that 3*.

Personally I say troops.

2* troops are REALLY cheap to level up and provide a pretty big boost compared to emblem boostsā€¦ I have 5x of each colour levelled to level 5; 4 are the attack troop & 1 is the defence troop.

I am just working on finishing my main sets of Mana troops to Level 18 & Level 11 (for 1 & 2) then am going back to do the 2* troops up to Level 10 or 15, then work a bit on my 3* troops

Emblems on the other hand are limited in their availability & give a really really really bad return on investementā€¦

Heres a quick assessment I did:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read what Guvnor posted, and it was enlightening. Iā€™d suggest thinking about giving any heroes you use a lot the emblem to unlock the skill, especially if it is a good synergistic complement, or very useful (fighterā€™s revive is a big help when it works).

2 Likes

Also for what its worth, you donā€™t need emblems to have your defence team score an ā€œAā€ grade in tournaments:

Current Tournament:
4 wins, 2 losses for A Grade

Previous tournament:
4wins, 0 losses (100%) for A grade

2 Likes

Thank you Guvnor, very interesting, i believe Iā€™ll save the emblems, except for the first .
Food hasnā€™t been a major issue yet ( all storage maxed + working on the advance ones). Iguess when i start on the 2* i should finish the farms. :grin:
Congrats on the moderator thingy.
Have fun.
Wolf9

1 Like