Which is better - HA10 or proposed Soul Exchange

Not quite a case of figures lie, but close enough.

I chose to amortize my costs over the useful heroes, emblems and goods I get. The useless stuff like my 2 salmon Loki I assign no cost to as they have no value.

Whoops…they now have a value.

In my honest opinion, and as a few others have already said, I would run both.
But that depends on your roster.
You only need a handful of 5* to repeat run HA10 and keep it going for some considerable time. Probably years.
On the other hand if your roster is full of duplicate S1 heroes and you really “need” that Skadi, Killhare, Ursena, Gravemaker etc. then I personally would go for it. What else can you do with those “useless” duplicates

2 Likes

if you have a lot of dupes, the soul exchange could be a good deal, get the heroes you desire and clear out your roster for the fresh new shiny toys

but if you dont have a lot of dupes, like myself, i would rather stick to HA10 since not enough resources to exchange. especially that the GOOD heroes require 20 in return…

2 Likes

The only other issue I see with Soul Exchange is when do you “grasp the nettle”
You could go for a GOOD hero first time around and then find that a better hero (Ninja or Costume etc.) becomes available at the same exchange rate later on down the line. It’s a risk …
It would be much better QOL if SG was to introduce complete lists of what is going to be made available at each tier in a 12 month period and then add to this annually …

2 Likes

Yeah this makes better sense. Then players can plan ahead who they want to work towards.

At least for the first 2 rounds

2 Likes

I did a count and I have 20 I’ll happily throw in the soul pit but 100% it matters on who I get back for it.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, that’s exactly why they won’t. (Unduly cynical for me but frankly, if I were SG I’d probably want to do the same.)

I think this is somewhat similar to your “if they just pamper players for two months [IIRC]…” comment. :rofl:

Happy Holidays @BlackZed! I feel that this Soul Exchange has great potential. However, it probably won’t be IMO. :rofl:

Which they won’t. So yeah unlikely to happen.

I think the Soul Exchange is too costly + a small step that comes in too late.
20/15/10 legendary heroes for 1 in ech tier is too costly, unless they offer Ruby, Ludwig, MN & the likes.
All the money spent in pulling those 20/15/10 will go down the drain.
I hear NFTs will be the future of gaming…death knell for Zynga???
I understand that it’s a business & they should make a profit but their greed is a bottomless pit.

1 Like

I have to agree that the exchange rate of 20/15/10 is excessive.
Appreciate that many veterans want this, but at the same time the exchange heroes on offer in Beta are no longer “all that” …
It would probably get more usage and be much better QOL if the exchange rate was 15/10/5 … after all SG have already had all that cash to pull the duplicate heroes sitting dormant in players rosters.

4 Likes

True, I am sticking with HA10 & may buy more roster space, rather than flushing all the money already spent away

2 Likes

What is NFT? 20 characters

Non-Fungible Token.

A way to sell digital property and have it have a mark of authenticity.

Like the Twitter guy selling his first Tweet and Artists selling digital art. See the randomly generated Bored Apes that sell for around $300,000 each

1 Like

Whilst this is roster-dependent, the answer is you can do both.

Yes, theoretically your 23 duplicate heroes would get you 23 chances at a new 5* in HA10 but realistically, even going off the really lucky HA10 records some people have, you’d be retraining for years to convert all 23 duplicates into something new. The sad truth is that based on the HA10 odds, you will likely collect dupes faster than you can ever get rid of them using HA10.

Furthermore, you don’t need 20 dupe heroes sat in your roster to run HA10 long-term, especially if you’re no longer chasing season 1 heroes. 1-3 heroes is more than enough. That covers your current retrain and a couple of spare dupes for the unlikely event you get 2 new heroes a row.

Whilst I agree that Soul Exchange is costly, for me it comes down to would I rather have 10-20 heroes in my roster that I never plan to level, that would just gather dust waiting for months on end for their turn in HA10, or would I rather trade them for a single hero of my choosing that would benefit my roster in the here and now. Easy decision, I’ll take a Miki for 20 please! :joy:

3 Likes

@Harlikwen
Thanks & what you say is true, however, I don’t find the heroes on offer tempting enough.
Skadi is good but very niche.
GraveMaker, I have never had any issue with defeating.
Kilhare, probably but again never really posed any trouble except when the board was completely rigged against me.
Tier 1 & 2 - not worth the 10/20 heroes.

1 Like

I imagine that with each Soul Exchange event, the heroes offered through Soul Exchange will be rotated and we will see a different selection each time. But you’re right, each player will have to decide if the heroes on offer through Soul Exchange are worth it to their roster/gameplay.

Both!

Soul exchange at least gives a good reason to fire up TC20('s) again. The only aspect that comes at a premium is adding the roster space, but even that is doable for c2p.

But yea, this first list isnt very impressive for many heavier spenders. I have :eyes: on Skadi. However, my spidey sen…i mean paranoia, is telling me if I do that exchange, SG/Zynga will surely start coming out with new stack cleansing heroes soon after. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It would still be worth, Skadi is a fine remedy to Xmas teams on rush battles.

Are those the actual heroes or are they just an example? I was under the assumption it was the latter, but yeah I don’t even have HA10 but I personally would prefer soul exchange just to clear some roster space (despite it being costly)