Which Heroes Still Need a Buff?

Lets remember something. For any set of heroes, if you were to rank them from best to worst, there will be exactly 5% of heroes in the bottom five percentile. Further, there will always be a bottom five percentile, regardless of how good all the heroes are. Surprising, I know, but that’s life.

2 Likes

I would say that it’s not that surprising (it’s just logic) but with a proper balance the power’s gap between the best and the worse ones would be shorter.

3 Likes

Yep. @FraVit93 gets it exactly right. Not everyone is going to be Guin, but the power gap doesn’t have to be so wide. If you want to make a niche hero (like, say, Amoenna, who I actually like and use on yellow Titans), fine, but there’s no real reason, for example, that Belith and Hawkmoon should heal exactly the same amount, but for some reason, Belith also gets dispel when Hawkmoon doesn’t.

It only stands to reason that, as new heroes and features are introduced, some of the original concepts won’t work as well as they once did. But when a case can be made that there is an unreasonable power gap, I don’t think it’s wrong to point that out. I don’t have a lot of the heroes mentioned here, so I can’t say that’s the case with all of them. Some people may just be whining that their hero isn’t Guin. But I’ve seen some very well-laid-out cases for some of these, based on heroes of similar stats, class, and/or color.

5 Likes

Thorne hits 3, Lianna 1. 512% would be ridiculous.

1 Like

But he is average and has got attack stats like 4* hero. 636 if I remember? No secondary skill makes him close to worthless without exceptionally good attack like Lianna.

He recently got buff… I think he is still bad, but I doubt they will buff him further… at least not for the time being…

I know that they won`t buff him again. In beta devs bother only if the hero is OP, if is weak, they don’t care. Especially that Thorne is a regular hero, when they make money on Atlantis now, so I know they won’t touch him again.

Thorne went from being bad, to okay IMO. At least the damage he deals with his skill is more respectable now than it used to be.

I think what he really needed was a larger buff to his attack overall, but I think they wanted to keep him as a semi-tanky hero given the decrease to HP and increase to attack were small. Which is odd… defensive stats with offensive skill feels clunky.

Just look at Lepus – similar skill but with offense oriented stats – and you’ll see what I mean.

I did just that, as Springvale was still going on when I drew Thorne. The contrast is stark. I wish they would decide whether he is supposed to be a tank or a damage dealer. I have him, but I’m not sure what to do with him, so right now, he’s waiting at 1^1 while I finish with Boril. I will soon have all the mats I need to take him to max, but I’m not sure I want to. Makes me sad, because F2P don’t get a lot of five-stars, relatively speaking. I want to play with my shiny new toy, but I don’t want to regret it.

Musashi ignores buffs like kageburado, kageburado dispells buffs first then deals damage which ignores all defense buffs like riposte, defense up, spirit link, and elemental defense

We do need yellow dispeler

1 Like

For two of the mentioned heroes (Hawkmoon and Quintus) buffing should be easy. Both do one thing - so make sure they do that one thing better. Straight up increase the healing on HM and the damage on Quintus.

I would also like to nominate Hu Tao for a buff, it’s hard to find a place in any team for a low-attack, not even particularly sturdy 4* that doesn’t do a lot of AoE damage either (so you need to overcome 3 downsides before you get to the useful bit of accuracy debuff).

atomos, dorn, scarlett

I agree with this list:

Badly needed:
Atmos
G Kong
Gobbler
Anzgogh
Mok-Arr
Boss Wolf

Needed:
Obakan
G Owl
Ameonna
KoD
Kadilen
Elkanen
Khagan
Capt Kestrel
Thorne
Thoth
Capt Sargasso

Original 4* and (some 5*) need tweeks to keep up with the power creep of the HotM and new event hero’s. Getting AM’s for ascension is no easy task and the power gap between hero’s is growing to a gap where its noticeable and affecting selection/game play.

1 Like

From my experience :

3* :

• Hawkmoon needs to gain a seondary effect or needs an increase in her heal %. Dispel seems appropriate. As stated there is no real reason to prefer her to belith as is.
  • Dawa needs either more damage, faster skill or a secondary effect. Right now isshtak and Karil are far superior while filling the same role. Personally I don’t think we need a third hero doing the same so I would vote to make her skill fast and do perhsp a bit less damage or to give her a secondary effect like damage reduction.
  • Gan Ju needs to have his skills damage boosted. Holy is lacking in the 3* department. Azar has similar survivability but has significantly more attack and a higher skill damage. A small buff to mach Azar would be nice.
  • Gill-Ra. I love gill-Ra but she is useless in most raid tournaments. there are very few meaningful status ailments on 3* heroes for the cleanse to be worth it at a slow speed. If she manages to fire the -Def is good but so late in a fight it is usually of very little consequence to the battle’s result. I would suggest to boost her tile damage which would compliment her skill nicely.
    Prisca, Renfield, Greymane are just generally useless. Ineffective at tank at the 3* level because their heal is so low. An increase in their skills damage would increase their use.

4* :

• Ameonna needs to be changed from no healing or mana to only 50%.
  • Agwe - His extra elemental defence screams tank but his stats most certainly don’t. Add to that that each green stack has a dispeller in caedmon or Melendor ( or even mnesseus ) and you just see that he is useless at what his skill was designed to do. I would increase his tankiness somewhat and make the Def buff undispelable. That way, If people stack nature against your agwe tank at least it will cause you some problems.
  • Gobbler, Rebalance his health and defence. 50 heal for each minion is fine and all but with that defence you lose more than you gain. Reduce his health and increase the defence. That makes the 50 heal per minion a lot more useful and will keep him alive long enough to fire.
  • Sumitomo - Could do with a rework. I get the idea, You fire you special and reflect damage so you can recast it even faster but he doesn’t live long enough for the mana effect to pay off. It would be nice if they added some survivability like a small heal. Return 100% of the damage and heal 35% of the damage. It would improve how the mechanic works as you can use the skill more often because he doesn’t die as quickly.
5 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to a small damage increase myself to make her a bit better on offense.

I’ve been using her as my tank for some 3* tournaments though, or as a flank to Gunnar.

Been quite pleased myself, as she brings home an A grade usually. I flank her with Melia and a fast sniper like Gato, Mnesseus or Bane, all who can take prompt advantage of the defense decrease (on rush attack it’s Jahangir usually).

Gregorion should be fast speed. I see no reason for him to be average! If Alasie, Kingston, Seshat, Poseidon, Alice, etc, are all fast why Greg is average? Because of his 30% critics chance? Lol 3* Melia gives 36% and she is fast… Seshat gets one minion per turn and she is fast etc. I mean come one, Greg deserves to be a fast sniper

6 Likes

Greg is not bad at Average speed, but considering Melia is fast, he should be too. Especially since I have him maxed :D.

Guardian Kong is average and does respectable damage, but he dies very quickly because of his abysmal defense, which does not combine great at all with his special. Make his special’s secondary effect something else and raise his Def a bit at cost of his HP (which is high but useless with his low Def).

Guardian Owl too, some other secondary effect would be nice. Capt Kestrel is complete joke, specials of S1 4* hit harder than him. Quintus should either hit harder, or be changed to Average.

And Mok-Arr is so situational he is completely useless. He may be useful against Titans but two of four titan slayers numero uno are holy, and none is purple.

Boss Wolf need a small buff as counterattack to entire team and mana speed slow and fire animation is crazy because take him 5 second to activate and in that time you can’t really use the bord because there nothing else but his animation. Is just a joke

Any hero in my roster deserved a buff. Especially Lianna. She badly need a 512% damage to the target and nearby enemies​:innocent::wink:.

1 Like