Which Heroes First? Please Help A Newbie

Hello. Thank you very much for spending your time and explaining. ^^

@Mananabas I did a team and improving it. I did a lot of x10 summons and at last 50x on purple elementals and sartana didn’t dropped… i have 6 Aeron now. Burned two of them and saved 4 of them for Alliance war at the future maybe… I am ultra sad because i was dreaming a team and that didn’t happened. It is why i had to upgrade rigard with kiril for healer. Boldtusk is on the bench because i was upgrading gormek :frowning:
It is really hard to upgrade everything in a short time. This is a great game i wish i could start 7 8 months ago… Sadness of 9 days newbie player lol…

@Rook I’ve noticed those things thank you very much. ^^
I would like to do a faster upgrade, can any of you please help me to an approximately calculate on gem burning for upgrading stronghold faster?

My Stronghold level is: 13
My Iron Storage levels are: 10-11-11-12
My Iron Mines are: 10-10-11
Food Farm(windmill?) levels are: 13
Training camps: 13-6-2
I want to upgrade stronghold to level 20 quickly and i will upgrade food farms with training camps after that. Thank you very much from now on and i wish someone will help me to calculate that. Have a nice day.

Prepare to be patient. :wink: Or to invest thousands of gems to speed up construction. Stronghold of 20 takes a week to complete. And before you’ll be able to build it you’ll have to improve your iron storage (about a day per level each) and 12 hour per level for iron mines .

1 Like

Hello @SuuriKoira :slight_smile: Thank you very much for your message. Yes, as you said it will be a long time and i am aware about thousands of the gem burning lol. But how much? Can anyone please try to calculate it? So i will figure out that maybe i can buy gems for it or i can be patient and spend gems for next month hero and troop summon runs.
Also for the love of god can you guys please increase chance of 5* hero chance because they are not dropping. :(((

After that many pulls, you may not need to rush to TC20 now. You actually have more 4 star heroes than me. What you will need is a lot of feeder heroes and a lot of materials to ascend your team.

The 4* heroes and Aeron that you have now can do serious damage against on all types of titans, raid defense teams and world map.

TC19 will help you in getting those heroes leveled up.

And then there’s the question of ascension materials:
How many compass and fine gloves do you have? Warm cape/hidden blade/sturdy shield?

Those items don’t come along everyday, you can buy them (random chance) in the shop once in a while though.

As for spending gems to speed up buildings, if you are willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars into this game then no one will stop you.

Just remember that you can’t rush this game in a month or two. This game will require a lot of patience even if you pour money into it.

3 Likes

I was hoping to reach stronghold level 20 with maybe 20.000 gems, not more lol. It seems it will cost more and i am not rich.

I don’t have that much materials for ascension, guild leader says i should not level aeron and focus on rigard first. Alright i will be patient about leveling stronghold. :slight_smile:

Alas, I didn’t burn gems to get there (only time), so I’m not sure exactly how to calculate gem cost.

You can check the time/food/iron costs of each building level here (click the different building names to access the different spreadsheets):

https://sites.google.com/site/empiresandpuzzlesrpgwiki/intro/base

3 Likes

I agree with your alliance leader
Levelling Rigard who is one of if not the best 4* hero’s especially on healing is a better option as like most you will have to wait a while to lvl aeron on final ascension as you will need the mats to do it
If you feel you want to see aeron moving slowly but surely adopt the partial feeding regime. This would mean that any 1* dark hero you feed to aeron he will grow that way slowly over time

3 Likes

First
VIP Pass gives you a second builder which speeds up build times. I hoard food ( Note 1 ) so when I run out of iron to improve my other buildings, I just use food from my hoard to improve my mines. When I have all four mines at level 20, I will start leveling my Watchtower. The Watchtower, like mines, requires food to level.

Second
Rigard is insanely good. An alliance fellow has two and I am sooo jealous.

Rigard is a tank, so alive late in combat to heal team
Average mana speed, good for a healer
42% heal all allies, almost TWO full hits of the war Revenge bar
Cleanse all allies ( removes debuffs ) one of the few healers in the game with this ability
Almost impossible to remove from the corner on a war defense team without using a tanky sniper/ titan killer

4* hero ( true level at 4.70 is 220 ) so much better than a 3* ( true level at 3.50 is 120 ) and almost as good as a 5* ( true level at 4.80 is 260 ).
4* 4.70 costs 47% of the XP to level compared to a 5* 4.80 ( Note 2 )

Note 1

Note 2

2 Likes

@Rook Thank you very much for your valuable message. I checked the guide it helped a lot. ^^
@Allslost Thank you very much for your valuable message. Alright i am upgrading Rigard first. He is healing so nicely but on the other hand all enemy is ignoring to attack Kiril and only attacking Rigard lol… Should i use Rigard on the middle? My “for everything” main team is Kiril-Caedmon-Gormek-Bane-Rigard. Should i change something on this line ?
@Gryphonknight Thank you very much for your valuable message. I’ve checked guides and they helped me a lot. I will study on them more. Alliance leader says i can’t do everything and she is right really. Bought Vip pass it helped a lot. From level 11 to level 12 mine upgrading is only giving +97 more mine, am i missing something or that value is too low?
Yes sir i feel regret about upgrading Bane, he is 8/8 skill and almost last full level, he dies like a housefly whenever Balthazar fires his 8/8 special skill on him. :frowning: Wu kong and Xi liu upgrading could be better but newly learning those things… My “for everything” main team is Kiril-Caedmon-Gormek-Bane-Rigard. Should i change something on this line ?

Do you guys also can help me for last thing please? It is a hard decision… I have some 3* troops but which ones i should upgrade?
For example for blue i have Ravager Archers - Imperial Elite Strikers - Imperial Knights. Which one is better for Kiril?
For example for green i have Rebel Ullusionists- Deepwood Ents- Rebel Sharpshooters. Which one is better for Caedmon?
For example for purple i have Reanimated Knights- Guild Knights - Reanimated Fighters. Which one is better for Rigard?
For example for red i have Barbaric Maulers - Firecaller Battlemages - Barbaric Minotaurs. Which one is better for Gormek?
I only have one 3* Devout Assasins for yellow and i can’t ask that for Bane lol.
Can you please help me about to pick the right troops for them? Thank you very much ^^ :blush::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’d put Kiril or Rigard in the middle, depending on who has more health +defense currently. Like this:
Kiril-Caedmon-Rigard-Gormek-Bane
or
Bane-Caedmon-Kiril-Gormek-Rigard

But this is in case either of Kiril or Rigard has currently more or the same health as Gormek. Otherwise, wait until they reach required level.

1 Like

@SuuriKoira Hello SuuriKoira thank you very much for the answer. One day i was reading forum and i was digging it so badly lol almost all day long reading things, a day i think @Rook has written that “kiril should fire first” and when i read that, i’ve started to use Kiril on the left side. Alright thank you i understand and i will try to work on whatever you said. ^^ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Kiril will not fire first if he is on the left (heroes don’t fire from left to right). First hero that charged mana fires first. And to charge mana defense hero must be hit several times. Hero in the center takes more hits then others, so it gets charged faster as well. If a hero is strong enough to survive those attaches it works fine. Thus central position is usually for healers with a strong defense or other heroes with a strong defense backed by healers.

2 Likes

Oh my god lol i didn’t know that. That changes everything now hmmmm. Rigard is stronger than Kiril for now. Alright i will try to put him on the middle for defense team. 5-10 minutes ago i saw a player’s defense team. Kiril was on the middle and his troop was 4 star blue with “%9 mana” thing. Hmmm it seems he is the one who did the thing right. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Can you please help my troop choice?
For example for blue i have Ravager Archers - Imperial Elite Strikers - Imperial Knights. Which one is better for Kiril?
For example for green i have Rebel Ullusionists- Deepwood Ents- Rebel Sharpshooters. Which one is better for Caedmon?
For example for purple i have Reanimated Knights- Guild Knights - Reanimated Fighters. Which one is better for Rigard?
For example for red i have Barbaric Maulers - Firecaller Battlemages - Barbaric Minotaurs. Which one is better for Gormek?
I only have one 3* Devout Assasins for yellow and i can’t ask that for Bane lol.

1 Like

I’m not good at this. :slight_smile: Hopefully more skilled and experienced forum members will share their ideas on this.
I picked my troops almost randomly among available 3*. :slight_smile:

I was looking for a better attack increasing and for increasing critical attack. But I can’t say that this is a right approach.

1 Like

I understand. It is ok, you’ve spent your time and helped a lot. ^^
Just getting confused about healers. Which 3* troops to use for them hmmm. :roll_eyes::thinking:

I agree with everything you said.

But there are two cases.

==Board combo/ cascade==
If the attacker gets a huge board combo/ cascade, it will charge all remaining heroes. This happens because a hero with a full mana bar stops charging, but the uncharged heroes keep charging with each hit. This is where left to right firing takes place. Usually early on in a raid/ war so the attacking heroes have not yet charged their specials.

This is especially true for defense teams with a double color. The attacker will probably choose to double up on the strong color, leaving a hero missing, which will still charge the defenders when it hits during the huge board combo/ cascade. This tactic is one reason to try and avoid doubling the color of your center hero on defense teams.

It also happens in war energy #4- #6 when an attacker might have to leave out a color because he no longer has a strong hero in that color or used double strong color earlier in the war.

==Matching corner mana speeds==
Since the corners get hit less, if they have the same mana speed, they often fire at the same time due to the trickle of mana defense teams get. In that case the left corner will fire before the right corner.

1 Like

General consensus is that the troops with the critical hit chance (the bullseye icon), are better at low levels. Once you can get a 4* troop up to about level 17, it starts to reduce the number of tiles needed to charge up slow heroes.

1 Like

Please read back. Manabas suggested Kiril to the left (which is fine); I usually see him in the center.

The comment about “left to right” for Defense wasn’t made by me in this thread, though I have made it elsewhere. Mana speed governs all. :wink:

2 Likes

@Jalia Thank you very much for your message. Today i tried to upgrade some 3* level 1 troop to level 3. It cost too much lol. I can’t imagine how much food will cost if it is 4* level 17. :thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth:
@Rook I apologize i think i explained wrongly. I mean i saw your message somewhere else in the forum, yes not in this topic. :slight_smile: I am not sure if it was your message sorry. Someone was saying that Kiril on the left side fires… Something like that lol

The ideal placement of heroes is definitely more of an art than a science. @SuuriKoira is right that generally speaking, the center hero (generally called the “tank”) will get charged up first, and the computer will fire their special right away.

There are also situations where several of your heroes may become charged up at the same time. In that situation, the computer will fire the specials from left to right.

2 Likes