Which building to convert/upgrade after SH21 and SH22?

1. get SH lvl 21
  2. hold iron to get hunter’s lodge while SH is busy leveling
  3. get food storage, begin to hold on iron and food
  4. research harpoons, start crafting them
  5. try to get the advanced house
  6. get everything else
1 Like

Iron lost to upgrade is constant.

But the longer you wait to upgrade, the more iron you lose from producing iron at the old level.

So if you wait 60 days to upgrade, you still lose the same amount during upgrade, but you lose the 60 days you could be running at higher production.

6 Likes

Yes, iron lost in the upgrade is constant.

But the need for iron is not constant.

At some points in the game the lack of iron was keeping me from upgrading buildings, crafting battle items, or using emblems.

At other points in the game I’ve been sitting with full iron storage and mines or a watchtower I couldn’t empty of iron or getting iron in raids, chests, or farming that disappeared because my iron storage was full.

If I need iron this month to put toward stronghold and hunters lodge upgrades, it is a foolish time for me to take a mine out of service for an upgrade.

OTOH, if you have no need for a hunters lodge, now it does make sense for you to build your iron capacity to be able to build it faster at a later time. (I would suggest building it even if you don’t intend to use it soon, but I’m not you)

6 Likes

So, I have to spend quite a lot of iron to convert, lets say, forge into a hunters lodge. If I for some reason convert it back to forge (free), will it be free to convert it back again to hunters lodge (like barracks) or will I be required to spend the same iron cost again? Same question about the rest of advanced budings.

It’s free, like the Barracks.

4 Likes

Is there someone who calculated how will be with the 2 builders best way to keep them busy after Sh21 is already a fact?

Well you will run out of iron the first week or two because converting buildings is like 10secs and a load of iron… after that i would say storage buildings

Advanced House

I just discovered a hidden benefit:

So Advanced Mine is good 24/7 since I have a hoard of food.

But Advanced house only takes 10 seconds for Level 1, so my 3 remaining Mines level 20 and Watchtower level 20 will take 48.45+ hours to create enough iron for Advanced House level 2. But during that time I will produce 48+ recruits.

I really wish there was something like create a 3* troop in 2 days using iron so I could hoard iron like I hoard food.

3 Likes

Stronghold > Food Storage > Hunting Lodge > Iron Storage > House > Farm > Mine is the order I’ll be upgrading in.

I hadn’t done the math, but this pleases me. My alliance only fights baby Titans - and half of them don’t have SH 21 to make the lodge and the harpoons anyway - so I don’t need the Hunter’s Lodge. My primary interest has been in the Advanced House, which produces free recruits. I converted to Advanced House 1 this morning. So we can get it to level 9 without needing any of the advanced storage buildings? Sweet!

Another scenario I haven’t seen addressed - Like most everyone, I converted a forge to my barracks. If I convert it back to a forge, can I then convert the same forge to the Hunter’s Lodge (or, for my interest, something like the Alchemy Lab or Hero Academy?) Or does it have to be a different forge? If it can be the same forge, can you pick whether to convert that forge back to a barracks or the Hunter’s Lodge? Basically, you’d be creating one flex plot in your base.

Does this apply to houses too? So if I have two level 8 houses (22), a level 20 (66) and a level 7 (18) and I convert my level 20 house to advanced I don’t get any extra recruit storage, but if I convert the level 7 then I would get 48? Not that it matters for houses, but if would a little bit for farms right? The best strategy would be to convert your lowest level building? I think I’m missing something here lol, it looks like I can convert any of them once my SH21 finishes, but I still have 24 hours to wait…

You can’t convert lower level buildings to advanced farm/mine/storage. You need lvl 20.

1 Like

Might as well do a mine to Advanced Level 1 early. As it only 10 seconds, and its the only conversion that needs food (rather than iron).

2 Likes

The Devs decided to have two rules.

Barracks, Lodge, Lab and Academy have one set of rules. These can be built on a Level 5, non-storage building. Which sucks for players with all Level 20 buildings.

Advanced X, has another set of rules. Rumor from Beta says Advanced X, can only be built on a Level 20 of the same type. Why they did not just make it Level 21, no one knows. So rumor says Advanced House Level 1 requires a House Level 20. All my buildings are Level 20, so I cannot check.

2 Likes

Converted my level 20 house to advanced house this morning. Other houses have no convert option because we can only get 1 at SH 21. Iron storage level 20 has the option to convert to Advanced Iron Storage 1 (can’t because my builder is busy). Iron storage level 16 has convert option, but the next screen says it must be level 20 to convert. Same with food storage. Level 20 farm has a convert option; the next screen allows it to go to Advanced Farm 1 or Hunter’s Lodge. Level 14 farm has convert option; the next screen allows it to go to Hunter’s Lodge, but says it requires level 20 to convert to Advanced Farm 1.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Here is what i did: made my hunter lodge, and converted one of my mine, then upgraded it to level 2. I will try to get food storage next + giant harpoon

If your main goal is to get harppons i would sugest:
1-convert food storage to advancef
2-convert forge to Hunters lodge
3-research harpoons

Keep on mind you must keep all your food and iron…

If you dont need harpoons yet i would recomend you to upgrade the storages and houses

1 Like

I now have under 20 hours until my Stronghold is lvl 21. Is there an order or flow which is smoothest to update the rest of my buildings?

1 Like

Once Sh21 was done, I did advanced food storage 1 and then built the Hunter’s Lodge. My research for harpoon finishes shortly, I plan on making a stack of them before I turn my attention elsewhere.

I figure I’ll do advanced mine 1, advanced house 1, and then focus on everything I need to get to advanced house 10.

I’ve not thought it through beyond that.

1 Like

If you have the Lodge built and the harpoon research done, you need not worry too much of ever having excess iron again. Each harpoon will take just shy of 100k iron per.

2 Likes