Which building to convert/upgrade after SH21 and SH22?

I’ve started thinking about that.

My current conclusion is that it will probably be fairly hard to do, at least with my priorities – I just don’t get enough iron to keep both builders going.

The initial 10 second conversions cost a lot of iron and give you no time to recover it, so until they are done there’s no chance of keeping even one builder busy.

After that, I’m going to be crafting harpoons at least initially, which will limit my available iron.

If your advanced building priorities are farm, mine, and house, you probably have better odds of keeping builders occupied than I do with my priorities being hunter’s lodge, and consequently, food storage and iron storage so I can level it up and research it.

4 Likes

Am I the odd idiot out?
After hunters lodge and the research, I have converted iron storage and now waiting for enough iron to make the first upgrade. Because that is needed for hunters lodge level 2. And that is where I have priority at.

A while back, I left an alliance that was fighting Lvl 8-10 titans, and I joined some real life friends who started playing the game. We’re fighting Lvl 3-5 Titans, and none of them are close to SH20 yet, so I can do without Hunter’s Lodge for a while.

As such, my post-SH21 plan has been this: Advanced Mine, Advanced House. This allows me to use both Food and Iron, to keep the upgrades rolling. So I’m using my two builders 24/7 for now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d agree that the hunter’s lodge isn’t first priority for people like you, @Fizban, and @Gryphonknight given that your alliances won’t be able to use enough harpoons to get titan parts regularly.

But having done a few titan hits with them already, they are useful, helping my titan hits a bit. If you only need a ~dozen harpoon hits for the first tier (17 on our 12* titans but less on smaller ones) 3-4 people could use one harpoon on each of 2-3 titan hits, on one or two titans per week, as long as you coordinate harpoon usage. That isn’t a pretty sustainable crafting load, and will have people starting to get titan parts.

2 Likes

So I now have one each of the Advanced buildings. House, Farm, Food Store, Mine, Iron Store - and a Hunters Lodge ( and consequently zilch iron!).

Doing my head in trying to figure what is the optimal order to carry on when the iron recovers. So (apart from Hunters Lodge) I will probably take each of the 5 Advanced Buildings to level 2, then each to level 3 etc etc etc. till they all get to level 10 at roughy the same time (in some dim and distant future).

Probably won’t take the Hunters Lodge beyond Level 1 for a while as not anticipating getting many titan parts anytime soon.

1 Like

A good plan.

Lodge is similar to forges. My forges sat at Level 5x4 until

Watchtower Level 20
while upgrading still produces iron, and food. Uses food to upgrade so good for 2x builder. No way to store iron.

Iron Storage at Level 20x5
No way to store iron. Iron storage increases iron drops from all 8 chests. Stops message “Your iron storage is full, please upgrade”.

Mines Level 20x4
4 mines versus 9 farms mean you lose more production when upgrading a mine, so do mines while build times short if have 2x builders. One reason Advanced Mine annoys me, but only Advanced building that uses food upgrade. Regular mine uses food to upgrade so good for 2x builder. No way to store iron.

Food Storage at Level 20x4
Food storage increases food drops from all 8 chests.

Farms Level 20x9
Food hoard

Barracks Level 10- consumes lots of food until it doesn’t. Hope some way to get more 1* / 2* troop besides Atlantis Rising.

Houses Level 20x4
Argh. almost 300 recruits or 3x Legendary training for moving around recruit hoard and food hoard. Looking foward to 302 recruits storage. Advanced House Level 9 produces 5 recruits per hour.

Training camps Level 20x3
I was hoping for 3x Level 21 training camps. Given up hope on Hero Academy.

5 Likes

Interesting. I actually took one to 19 because event completion seemed more important than opening the additional building slots. Specifically, I was struggling with Ma North in the Christmas event and I decided that tornadoes were necessary for my victory. I can’t express how frustrated I was with the frozen tile mechanic! :angry:

Interesting sidebar, I’ve been burning flasks in Atlantis and loading the recruits in tc2 and 11, and pulling heroes from the tc’s as I went. I ended up capped on iron and running out of food. I actually had to stop pulling from my tc’s just to keep my food static. I’ll clear them out a couple days after Atlantis closes.

2 Likes

Got lucky with several Proteus. One now at 4*+14 and one at 4* 3.60. If MN is stubborn, I can off color, 1 day, power level the second Proteus to 4* 4.70 .

I really had no use for Forge 6-17 until Class quests and challenge event tier completion rewards added emblems.

Harpoons will be handy against rare titans, but first need to unlock Stronghold 23 and a second Advanced Mine to help with iron production.

During the 3.5 days of Atlantis Rising, I need my food to stash recruits in Extra low cost - it gets expensive when you get a ton of recruits at once - and use up 1* / 2* hero loot drops, so I do not bother with other food usage except battle items for Class quests.

Gryphonkit, my wife, actually loses recruits, and 1* / 2* hero drops, during Atlantis Rising because she does not hoard food, so she runs out of food for Extra low cost training and using up hero loot drops.

3 Likes

Hi all
I actually just finished crafting my first 12 harpoons, got 1 mine converted and upgraded 1 level, 1 food storage converted and waiting on iron for an upgrade, and 1 iron storage converted also waiting on an upgrade.

My strategy is to upgrade the food and iron production first to thier max thus increasing production speed then upgrade A-storages for iron and food as far as they can go.

Inbetween I will see if i can fit an A-house in there somewhere and obvisously craft more harpoons.

This update has been great as it’s opened new doors and it’s been fun reading/hearing all the different strategies to go about making it all work.

We have decided in our allience to at least wait till all our 4 main hitters have got to crafting harpoons and then smash that titan in the butt all at once.

Can’t wait for the rest of the buildings to arrive.

QUESTION!
Do those that don’t use harpoons on the titan still get titan parts as rewards or is it only this that use harpoons that receive them or even get a better percentage of them.

Cheers

1 Like

Yes, everyone in the alliance gets Titan Parts if you hit the threshold for number of Giant Harpoons required.

It’s a collective effort and a collective reward.

4 Likes

@zephyr1

Another question please.

The A-houses, they now train recruits right.

Is this automatically done without resources or does it take resources from somewhere?

Yes, the Advanced House trains Recruits, and it’s automatic, much like a Mine produces Iron, and a Farm produces Food. You just have to collect them periodically.

3 Likes

I read through part of this thread and then jumped to the end. In my opinion, the best strategy is:

1. Meet the minimum requirements to upgrade your Stronghold
  2. Meet the minimum requirements to get your Hunter’s Lodge and Harpoon Research started
  3. Advanced Mine and Advanced Farm
    1. get them to level 10 ASAP
  4. Get your Advanced Iron and Food storage maxed next
  5. Focus on the House last

Don’t understand the excitement for getting a few recruits every hour. I mean who is short on recruits at the stage in the game where you’re working on advanced buildings.

Your play style

For your play style it may be useless.

My play style

I have been playing since 2017-September. I have a decent 3* 3.50/ 4* 3.60/ 4* 4.70/ 5* 3.70 roster. I was running 1x Legendary training and 3x Extra low cost training and mostly earning as many recruits as I consumed.

5 recruits per hour has the following benefits for me:

Help me store food in Legendary training.

Easier to run 2x to 4x Legendary training to get 4* Cyprian ( still do not have after running Legendary training since 2018-Mar and spending thousands of USD ).

Makes the loss of Hero XP per recruit more practical when using swords ( Common RT01 ) and kits ( Uncommon RT02 ).

Allows me to farm stages with better kits, swords, and Rugged clothes drops and still stay ahead of the above training camps.

Allows me to take a few days, or a few weeks, off from the game. When I come back, 5 recruits per hour will help me catch up. Especially true if I miss Atlantis Rising for the month.

Lets me move 3x Legendary training from Legendary training to 150x Extra low cost training when I need food from my food hoard.

Can build an Advanced House Level 9 without upgrading iron storage.

May be required for Hero Academy, or Season 3, or Training troops, or trading in duplicates, or trade so stocking up now.

6 Likes

Hi.

Just a question Here.

Where do you get 5 recruits per hour from as the new Advanced House only provides 1 recruit per hour and is capped at 5, meaning after 5 hours it stops producing recruits. That’s on the first level anyway.

This means if you stop playing for a day or a few days you will only get 5 recruits in total. That won’t get you far at all.

Cheers

Advanced House Level 9 produces 5 recruits per hour with a Production Storage Capacity of 88 or 17.6 hours.

Bookmark @Mariamne awesome Advanced Building info graphics for more details.

6 Likes

Ok, that’s nice.

So your saying that at that level it isn’t capped at 5hrs either.

I been trying to find out what the house levels produced as it’s not anywhere I have looked including the wiki.

Thanks for that @Gryphonknight , it’s good to know.

At lvl3, it produces 2 recruits per hour and can house 22 recruits.

1 Like

Why do people rate the house even a little bit? By time you can build it you should have a team capable of s1 8.7 and recruits, recruit store (tc11) should not be an issue.

TC19 and TC2 consume a lot of recruits. People don’t want to waste energy on the poor resources out of 8-7. It’s true though that you can get around 17 recruits per hour from S2:15-9N, which perhaps makes the advanced house seem weak. But your play might not need a lot of firestone. I’d rather get backpacks and dragon bones from season 2 farming. TC20 consumes more recruits too. Some people are running multiple because they still don’t have — ahem — Wu, Rigard, whatever.

(My mines are still at level 15. Sort of convenient as I can level them while waiting for iron. So once SH21 completes, I’ll start by taking advanced house to level 3.)