Which Athena is better for PvP Raids/War attack? In costume or without costume?

Hi I have a question like the topic title. Which Athena will be better for PvP Raids/War attack - in costume or without costume?I need to make a decision so that I can distribute my emblems optimally. I don’t think I’m going to use Athena on a defensive team during tournaments (certainly not often), I’m just most interested in PvP Raids attacks. The hero will have LB in the future. Thanks in advance for your answers and help :wink:

• Athena with costume
  • Athena without costume

0 voters

I’ve used normal Athena for a while and got lucky and got her costume when it came out… At first I was very excited… I could use just her costume instead of her and Frida. I wasn’t too concerned over the smaller elemental defense down and it being only against fire (still works for titans) but the 3 turns instead of 4… It kept disappearing too fast for me.

After trying the costume at first I moved back to the normal version and use her often. I still pair Frida often. And on top of all that I do think rangers pierce is more useful than the barbarian bleed.

Now if you don’t have a blue elemental defense down I would still use her on red titans with the costume… But for raids, probably not unless you are going blue heavy vs a red heavy team.

Oh also keep in mind… If you are going attack both have the same path… And you don’t really need the Mana node since her family bonus already gives 5% Mana… So that and a lvl 5 Mana troop will fire her in 9 tiles. (If you do get the Mana boost you can use a lvl 1 troop… 5% + 2% + 5% from the troop).

3 Likes

Similar to @bub102x I use regular Athena + Arthur. My non-costumed version does a higher % damage on a higher attack stat and deals extra damage to Reds. If you’ve got Arthur or Frida it’s a pretty clear decision.

3 Likes

I usually play a 4-1 team in raids, less often 5-0, my standard blue line-up:

1. Kiril without costume/Alexandrine
  2. Isarnia (for -44% def down)
  3. Vela (after the buff she’s not that bad, well and nothing particularly better I have, maybe HOTM 02.22 - IRIS if I gave her emblems and made her LB?
  4. Rana costume - heroine from sand empire. I think she’s an underrated character.
  5. Frosth - nice to have someone who makes minions quickly - it allows you to survive with a bad board.

Changes I would like to make to this team after maxing Athena are:

1. Alexandrine replaces Kiril permanently - he used to give me 30% to attack and 30% to defend which was good, but now Athena can do the same at 15% which should be sufficient. Plus Alexandrine also has other advantages like changing tiles to crits.
  2. Athena jumps in behind Isarnia - she is faster, lowers defence more, has more overall power, in my opinion zniama very much on the plus side.
  3. Vela, Rana and Frosth probably stay where they are.

Simply by introducing Athena into the line-up Kiril loses a lot of his support, so Athena further forces a change of doctor in a way even to a better one I think? In the end it’s 4* vs 5* although Kiril has LB done and +20 emblems.

What do you guys think about all this? Of course I don’t have Frida or Arthur, I only have the green Evelyn :slight_smile:

Some things to consider there.

Athena over Isarnia all day long.

Athena’s Element Link +15% will only work for your Blues, so dropping Kiril means Rana doesn’t get the boost. If you kept Kiril then I believe his +30% would stack with Athena’s +15%.

2 Likes

And what talent path have you chosen for Athena? I’m currently leaning towards the DEF/HP path, so that she can fight for as long as possible and lower her opponents’ defence as often as possible. What do you think of this?

I see the votes are very, very evenly split. I’m slowly leaning towards choosing Athena without the costume - because then her defence lowering lasts 4 turns instead of 3. I think this might make a difference with average mana speed during raids.

1 Like

I went full attack early on when I used her for everything and emblems were new. Here she is both with and without costume … Note that I did NOT take the Mana node on no costume I took the “x” defense node instead so I could get attack. Though the Mana node path would be an “x” attack costume path and so 7 more attack (and 18 def).

Defense would definitely help her stay alive more… I generally use her for red titans and every war, and events when I go mono blue with Miki and she survives there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, for the time being my Athena is at lvl 50, I still lack a lot of materials for LB, so I have time to think about the right path.

In wars and raids I almost always attack with a 4-1 (raids) or 5-0 (wars) team. With this tactic I’m thinking that the extra points to attack won’t make much difference if there are good bricks - and if there aren’t then the extra points in DEF/HP should help you survive until the right colour (in this case blue) appears on the board. Do you have an opinion on this? Thanks for the replies it gives me a different perspective on the situation :wink:

Without a costume, hands down.

Makes me curious why anyone on earth would ever say C. Athena is better for raids… like how is it almost 50/50?! Do people just read costume and just assume it’s better or something? Seriously surprised the hell outta me lol

…Literally, the only situation you’d choose the opposite is vs a red mono defense team… and ya know how ubiquitous those are… :roll_eyes: If we were talking titans, it may be a different story (and even then, only if you have no other ice EDD), but raids/war, it’s no contest.

2 Likes

My English isn’t great - from what I understand it’s definitely 100% for raids you recommend Athena without the costume? :slight_smile:

As for EDD ice, I only have Nordi 3* (and hardly use it at all as I fight titans 11-13*), so Athena would be my only EDD ice (in green I have a much better situation as I have Evelyn).

For the moment my plan is this - for raids and war attacks Athena without costume. For titan Athena with costume. My priority when splitting emblems will be Athena without costume. The titan and Athena with costume will only be an addition, so the prority will be the stats of the regular Athena without costume.

With this in mind, in light of what I wrote above can you recommend me a talent path for Athena? I’m attacking 4-1 or even 5-0, and I thought a DEF/LIFE path might be more beneficial for me to keep Athena on the battlefield for as long as possible and lower the defences of my opponents. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the comprehensive answer :wink: