Which are the best packs to buy?

Just curious what others are buying as far as packs? Only ones I’ve been buying are the trainer hero’s and the fast pack.

1 Like

I also only do trainer heroes from the shop, and rarely (only when feeling extra impatient). Did buy a couple of ascension packs when I was very new to the game and short on AM - definitely not worth it, an expensive gamble.

Also bought gems in the shop during my first weeks of playing (and spent them on things like ham and daily summons :roll_eyes:). Today, I only ever buy gems in deals that include AM; like the Easter ones they’re doing now.

6 Likes

Trainer pack is waste , better use 3000 gem to reset WE 30x , it gave you more Exp , battle items and troops.

i tried by myself burned 3k gem S2-1-8-hard and able to levelup 1x*5 to max in roughly 6 days

5 Likes

My spending habits are very similar.

• I get the monthly VIP

• I buy deals only when I’m low on gems and they include a 4* AM that I could need in the near future I.E. 4/6 Scopes, I’ll buy a scope offer. 2/6 rings, I’ll usually wait because it will be a while before they will be useful.

• I also almost always get the $1-$2 deals around event and Atlantis summons because they are the cheapest gem per dollar.

• The only items I buy with gems other than summons are the trainer/fast lane packs with loot tickets, roster spaces and the occasional WE flask if I’m really bored and out.

6 Likes

Lots of world energy, flask offers and loot tickets like the fast lane pack. As said before, you’ll find many feeders, troops, crafting mats and your player level increases faster.

I also buy nearly all specials up to 20 bucks containing ascension items and gems and VIP.

3 Likes

I think the only packs I ever bought were the ascension material packs, and I quickly learned that was a mistake. It’s great that they list the odds now—I was shocked to spend so many gems and get so little in return. In general, those packs just aren’t worth spending on.

In the first six months or year or so that I played, I’d buy gem sales that featured ascension materials (these $10 seasonal deals which include a 4-star mat are great) and spend the gems on 10-pulls on the elemental summons that I needed to fill out an epic, and then a legendary team.

When I could spare them, I’d make pulls on events.

Now about all I spend gems on is Atlantis summons, as the available heroes are generally better and the materials you get from the Atlantis chests are a great boon.

Atlantis summons didn’t exist when I first started playing, and if I just started now I imagine Atlantis is about the only place I’d spend gems. The Guardian Event is worth pulling on a bit, as Jackal and Falcon are reasonably accessible and will help a ton on 40% of the titans you face. Plus you might hit the jackpot and land Panther. Knights of Avalon, too, has Guin and Arthur, who can be gamechangers, as well as Merlin, but the odds of getting the heavy hitters there are so slim, a new player is probably better off spending gems elsewhere. Pirates, Wonderland, and Grimm aren’t worth gems, in my opinion. Each has a hero or two that’d be nice to get, but the odds are extraordinarily long, and they don’t have the consolation prize of Atlantis’ heroes and ascension chest.

5 Likes

Never buy those get at least x of the following offers. They’re far to expensive and one often gets just craftable crap.

Purchased

Except for avatars, I never buy anything from the Featured section of the shop.*

VIP Pass and “Raining Loot Tickets” offer are great source of purchased Loot Tickets. The 1000 gems from “Raining Loot Tickets” can be used to buy additional energy refills ( it comes with one world energy flask), or something else.

Calendar offers are great source of purchased 3* / 4* ascension items.

Atlantis, Challenge event and Seasonal event are the great source of purchased 3* heroes ( Classic and now Atlantis and Seasonal).

Refill versus Trainer heroes

Wanted Monster Mission Chest reset and World energy refills are a great source of recruits, Rugged Clothes, 1* / 2* troops, 1* / 2* heroes, and ingredients for battle items.

This is especially true once you have your first rainbow 3* 3.50 team.

Disclaimer:
*= Never sounds better than “Except when I need rainbow 3* trainer heroes for testing damage calculation and attack stat soft cap”. But how many players are buying 3* Trainers to test soft caps?

6 Likes

Not sure I understand what you are saying sorry. Why did you do this and how. I am asking because I too by the trainer packs to lvl heroes up. Many thanks

1 Like

I also buy the VIP and specials was just curious which of the featured packs was worth it

What is WE?

World energy. Why do I have to use 20 characters to post?

2 Likes

Yes, that “20 character” minimum is most annoying. Why not do away with that when sometimes a simple “YES” would suffice?

1 Like

I only buy the cheap flash offers now, I’m at the point where I’m not interested in dropping $40+ on offers.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s my understanding that this is a requirement of the forum software, not under control of SG.

2 Likes

In case you’re curious:

You can also vote on the feature request in the linked thread, but I’m not sure SG is planning on altering the default Discourse behavior.

2 Likes

Thanks @princess1, that makes more sense. Did not consider that

I stay away from anything over 5$.
Vip pass and jewels on sale with bonus or not,is good enough for me.
I use the jewels to do 1/2summons a week,plus maybe 1 or 2 extras during events.mainly to try to fill some weakness in the line up.
The rest i can farm for it.
I’m in no rush, just having fun.
Wolf9

1 Like