Where to use my gems next

I’m guessing they will eventually make a 5* jackal and falcon like they did Wu-Ranvir for these 13-14* stars. More pulling in Guardians would benefit SG

@Noble_Weasel, that’s good news!! I like when the events are back to back to back or overlap a bit. My wallet may not, but it can’t talk like my wife. So my pulls are limited by how much makeup, shoes and pocketbooks may be on sale at that time. Yes Dear, I’m playing that stupid game. Yes dear I did in fact transfer 50$ to Game Center for that stupid game…then I RUN!!!

Hello,
What is the fascination with 10/30 pulls?
All my 4 & 5* s came from single pulls,
Jackal, Tarlak, Frida, Proteus, Ranvir, Gregorian, Margareth, and more than a dozen others, all from single pulls.
The last Atlantis i only did 8/9 pulls over the 3 days at each of my 2 acct, got 2 4 and 3 5 * in one , and dups 3 & 4*s in the other except for Gato, even the dups would have made some player happy(Balthazar, Sabina, Muggy, Melia, Gil ra, Chochin).
Maybe I’m luckier than average, but from the various threads on the forum, I’d rather keep doing singles.
I do spend some money, no more than $25. a month, on Atlantis mostly, Vip, and the odd offer, not spending more than $5. in one shot.
Lately i wasn’t granted heroes tokens only troops, but when first started i did get a dozen or so over a few weeks. Frida was one of my first pull using a token. What a waste, still in 2th ascention.
My point being, for me, it is more effective to do singles than spend all those jewels in one shot, even with discount.
Maybe spread it around one at the time, never know you could get a good one after 2, or 3 pulls.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Wolf9, that’s mostly how I do my summons as well. I like to be able to stop if I get what I’m after, or sometimes a hero I didn’t even realize I WAS after :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
Exactly, or stop if you only getting underwhelming heroes.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

30 to 90 summons

I agree

Singled

I agree

1 Like

last Atlatis I did a 30-pull. I was after Tarlak. After this 30pull I would not have made another try.
Tarlak showed up with the first of the 30 (I didn´t feel sorry at this time for making a 30-pull. :slight_smile: )
Aaaand…Athena showed up at pull 28.So I would have missed Athena.

What I trying to say is, Yes: you can stop when your wanted hero is showing up, but the chances are so small, that I think, a 10/30 pull is still more economic. At Atlantis the chances are better and the other featured heros are often interesting as well.

For the moment I think Atlantis is the most interesting option for spending gems. There are good 4* and 5* heroes.
I have tried once for Hansel and Gretel but didn’t get them. But now with the outlook of the upcoming new event heroes, I won’t try to summon them again. Only when the new heroes are released. This seems more economic to me.

Guardians or Grimforest. Maybe mix in an Atlantis 10 pull of you want 3 or 4 of the featured heroes.

I’ve never done a 10-pull before, and have gotten some great heroes on single pulls. Just seemed like a more efficient way to use the gems, since you get a discount that way, but I suppose that is balanced by the ability to stop when you get the hero you want.

And I suppose that is balanced by this scenario.

There are several heroes with surprisingly unique specials. Check the Special Skills page of the wiki. (If you think one or two are missing, please add them to the list!)

As you’ll note when perusing that list, most of the unique/rare specials revolve around either elemental defense down, or resurrection. This means that Alberich and Mother North are of interest, as are nearly all of the Guardians, along with various HotM. That said, both Wilbur and Proteus are of great interest due to Proteus’ unique ability, and Wilbur’s OP ability (spirit link, defense up, and defense down are all common, but not together!).

As such, your answer is: Guardians and Atlantis for gems, along with Christmas for EHT.

I think it has to do with your roster depth also.
I did 10 pulls 2 times because i was in need of a 4* in every color, so any heroes were more than welcome. And the little discount was also interesting.
As of now, with a good bench depth and a ton of heroes to level, single pulls will get my gems.
Anyway, i can’t resist the urge to pull whenever a new event appear :joy: so it is hard to get enough gems without spending money.

As for @Noble_Weasel original question, i think you should aim for Guardians, as both Jackal and Falcon have 2 unique skills that will help any team.
If you land, Panther, well… no big deal right ? :rofl:
And Atlantis comes in each month, so you can gather coins during AR or make 1 pull per month in Atlantis and keep the rest of your gems for Guardians.

Did you go the defense and health route to keep Jackal alive longer?

@Noble_Weasel
I agree that Guardians is a great place for you to pull.
I also know you have been having great luck. IMO I would at least make 1 pull in Atlantis to see if you are still lucky. You got the HOTM last month which was great. I didn’t get the HOTM last month or any 5* from Sand Empire but I did get Seshat this month.:blush::blush:

I will make one pull this month. I was sitting on 99 Atlantis coins for about the last 24 hours of AR and couldn’t get that dang dragon to spawn. About an hour after AR, I got 2 coins out of a war chest!

I would trade you Ranvir for Seshat if I could. She would have more use for me. I like Ranvir’s design, but Wu’s squishiness isn’t really an issue against the Titans my alliance fights.

@Noble_Weasel
Thanks but no thanks I probably prefer Seshat. LOL!!! :joy::joy::joy: But I do wish you the best of luck getting her

1 Like

Yes, mostly. For Jackal I did one split towards the end that picked up the HP/Att nodes instead of Def/HP. For Falcon you’ll want an attack-focus; he’s already quite tanky.

Yes, the stats on 4*+20 are only a shade lower than a 5*+0. They survive a hit from a 12* titan, though I recommend bringing axes or bombs to clip the titan’s attack.

1 Like

Just remembered you have Onatel. So anywhere I use my two Proteus, you can use Onatel, a mana control, target and nearby, with damage, immune to blindness, etc.

Personally I would do 3x 1x summons for Guardians ( chance of Falcon), Grimforest ( chance of Hansel), and Atlantis ( chance of Wilbur to go with Falcon and 1x to 2x Proteus and Melia if you do not have Melia )i.

Yep. She may not be the complete lock-down that Proteus is, but she’s still pretty great!

I do at least have Melia, but she’s getting pushed to the bench more and more with all the yellows I’ve drawn lately. Will keep her for rare tier stuff, of course.

1 Like

Wondering if the announcement of new event heroes impacts anyone’s advice. I know the odds are ridiculously low, and I’m certainly not pulling specifically for any of them, but there is a small chance of getting them - should that impact my decision? Also, it looks likely that Guardians will be the challenge event for August. I won’t have enough for a 10-pull by then. Should I do single pulls for Falcon and Jackal in August?

I don’t think I’ll pull Atlantis this month (Atomos is featured, and it would be my luck…) The expectations (this post and following) make it look as though the featured Atlantis heroes will be a weak crop in August, too. Should that impact the decision on when or if to pull Atlantis? Maybe I should wait for Atlantis in September? Should the HotM figure into the equation? Looks like folks are pretty stoked for Kingston in October. Wait until then, when I might have enough for a 10-pull?

I have enough projects in every color except red for the moment, so i don’t have to pull immediately. I can wait.