Where to range Alasie? Comparing to Magni, Marjana, Joon and some other hard hitter 5 star

Don’t forget Arthur and Thorne. Thorne is last on that list.

Of the four snipers, I think Perseus is the weakest. Arthur is great against titans. Alasie is strongest offense, Magni, defense (for his special’s shield).

Mana control is so valuable at upper-tier play, I still put Alasie at the top of the sniper list.

Athena, Isarnia and Grimm have similar function: hit for damage plus a defense debuff—which is the big plus.

2 Likes

Personally Ive wanted Magni from the beginning but when I got Alasie, I no longer wanted him. I’ve since then gotten Joon and Marjana and I still have no desire to actively go after Magni.

As I wrote up thread, Alasie, Magni and Arthur all fill a similar role. A second set of telescopes might be better placed with Isarnia, for her massive armor debuff.

Which goes to a general point: it’s not really sensible to rank heroes individually and without context. Heroes are always used in groups of five, and what matters is their contribution to the strength of your particular team.

5 Likes

I think Athena is being somewhat overrated because of her unavailability.

Isarnia has better tile damage, her AoE hits almost as hard as Grimm’s central attack, but it hits 5 targets. And her AoE gives all 5 opponents a debuff that is only slightly less powerful than Athena’s but lasts 2 turns longer.

Sure, her ability is slow, while Athena’s is average. And she’s less sturdy. But those are things you can make up for, in tile control and in team composition and (for titans) with consumables. You cannot make up for lower tile damage and hitting 5 targets instead of max 3. Which often means just 2 or 1 because of a central hero kill.

For my raiding at least, Isarnia has proven to be a game changer when I replaced Grimm with her. Athena would have just been a stronger Grimm.

For my titaning, it’s not as easy to compare. I’ve covered a lot of 6 * and 7 * titan ground with Grimm, and with Isarnia doing 8 *'s has been the norm. I’ve held up my score more than decently, so there’s an indicator there.

2 Likes

Good points, and I think highly of Isarnia, too. I care about the challenge events, and Athena is distinctly better there. Hit-3 == AoE, and nothing lives long enough for her debuff to expire. But for raids and wars, each has her pluses and minuses.

1 Like

Few months later…

I now have following 5*:

Yellow: Delilah (4-80) and Rana (4-28)
Purple: Panther (4-80) and Sartana (4-56)
Green: Zeline (4-48) and being worked on Lianna (level 2 now soon to be level 3)
Red: Gravemaker (4-80), Marjana (4-8)

Blue: Magni (4-40) and …

Misandra? King Arthur? Alasie?

I’m tending to King Arthur now, but what if Athena comes up in Atlantis and i hit her? Drop everything and do Athena? :smiley:

To be complete… I have a couple of 4* that could complete…

Red: BT, Colen and Wilbur at 4
Green: Caedmon, Hansel at 4
Yellow: Li Xiu, Guardian Jackal and of course Wu at 4
Purple: Rigard and Merlin and Proteus at 4
Blue: Sonya and Grimm at 4

I dont have her …dang it…but in raids she worries me far more than magni.

Pair Alasie with Sartana and be prepared to be amazed.

Best Friends Forever :smiley:

@VFROOD What did you decide? Blue is my last 5* to fill with my A choice. Currently only have Thorne. But I have Vivica, so Magni seems redundant to me. Scanning the top cup teams, the majority roll with Alasie…like yesterday when I checked she was the only blue on Defense in the top 20.

I now have King Arthur and Magni. Next might be Alasie. Combi king and other blue works fine on every colour. First fire heavy duty special from Arthur and defence of attacked hero will weaken against blue. I knock down most heroes with combi with Magni.

Have got time though. Just have 2 scopes.

2 Likes