Where to farm for certain color troops?

I just noticed that I have a ton of blue and purple troops, but very few of the other colors. I am feeding high level troops evenly, so that’s not an explanation. Do certain levels have a higher likelihood to give certain colors? If so, which levels have the best chances at giving each color?

Apparently the random troop generation picks from a pool of every troop type available, and there is only one 1* troop type each for red and yellow, while there are two 1* troop types for green, blue, and purple. This results in a disproportionate bias against red and yellow troop drops.
As far as I know there isn’t any level which has better odds of a given troop color drop.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen any pattern in troop drops from farming. There are various different theories floating around on the forums, but I’ve found that each color drops about equally from any level.

2 Likes

Wow, okay so troop loot is random but red and yellow drop less because there aren’t as many variations? I didn’t realize that before. And that explains why I had like twice as many purple, blue, and green troops.