Where is the game progress technically saved

Since I am an IT engineer I would like to know where the game progress of the players is really stored.
I read articles that the player should connect to Game Center or Google Play or Facebook to save the progress. Is it really so that the game progress is only saved there and not on the servers of small giant games?
Or is it saved on the device and only if you want to have a game backup you should connect to the above mentioned providers? And this should give you the ability to play on several devices with the same game progress.
Does anybody know this?

3 Likes

Specifically, not sure but I am sure the SG have one centralize location for it and they will not disclose it for security, it does not make sense to have the data distributed in different storage providers. Where ever it is they control everything, purchase history, game progress, what have you pulled ascensions material, etc., basically everything you can see on recent activities on the game

2 Likes

Yes, both are identity.

No, this is only linked for perhaps maybe as confirmation reward from FB quiz, etc…

Game Center and Play Store account both are our identity.
The progress should be saved on SG.
That’s what I know/guess.

1 Like

I think the same.
Being able to login to a proper Google Play / Game Center account proves that the given internal #123456 account belongs to you.
I suppose the account data is stored in SG’s data center.
Maybe while you are disconnected from Google Play / Game Center for a short time the data is stored locally on your device which I synchronized to SG’s servers when you are signed back to Google Play / Game Center

3 Likes

I had to reinstall the game twice and my number account #123456 has changed, but I didn´t lose my progress. I also wrote this on a topic 1h ago:

2 Likes

I literally cannot play until google play games has verified me and logged me in. I’m certain that Google caches data for re-transmission but SG controls the game servers.

I think that user data and progress are stored on their own servers ( could be any type ), but they are indexed based on google play, game center, facebook ids and in the case the ones before don’t exist possibly device id ( like MAC ). Except from that, some in-game settings and small stuff I think are saved on your device to minimize possibly network data usage. That’s how I would do it but if someones knows more info it would be cool to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is almost certainly the case (no idea about facebook as I am blocked there), however having played they same game on both platforms (iOS and Android) at the same time (not simultaneously clearly) google play and game centre are clearly just gateways to the SG servers. If you play on one device and log in on another platform, one device will be kicked but your game play will continue where it left off (obviously not during a raid, AW or tournament attack).