Where is the game going?

New Brian-Aife OP combo

God help us all

1 Like

Look at the Challenge Event Top 10s - month in month out it’s the same guys. How can this hegemony be broken? I finished top 1000 in Rare in my sixth month playing this game but another six months have gone by and I used more flasks than ever and finished 2500 or something. I was motivated that maybe I could push for higher honours instead it feels like it’s getting away from me.
Maybe you get ONE level to compete in - could be based on your cups or up to you to choose but then the same guys can’t win all three.

This literally just happened to me. Telluria came up and I re-rolled seven times in a row to get someone else (Guin).

Mildly annoying now that I can actually field mono teams over 4000 in most colors. I still try to avoid 4500+ teams with a purple tank though.

Back to the original topic though, I’ve found the game so much more fun this year. POV, Season 3, the improved Costume Challenge. There always seems to be something interesting going on besides just farming.

What’s the problem with the fact that someone can win all three levels? Player has enough time and resources to score the highest.

You want to win? Just do better. Simple. But keep in mind that other hundreds thousands of players do their best to push you back.

1 Like

My 2 cents. I still haven’t got guin andI got telula late in the month and took some time to level up, so while that was happening I was facing all the top tanks. I don’t raid much mainly just revenge hits (and I revenge anyone who raids my tower) my strongest to is just under 4500 but the team I use for raids is 4350 this is so I use the hero abilities that suit my needs.
I average around 90% win rate so those who complain that heroes are op need to look at there roster and try some changes.
My raid team runs
Albie, hel, hatter, posidion, krunchen.
If you look into them you will see why. I have no debuffers. All teams are beatable you just have to try

You get the FA Cup in which any team can play any team (although stronger teams enter later in the competition) but then there are leagues. I wish there was a trophy of sorts that everyone could compete for at whatever level they are with a reward that helps to progress to the next level or tier.

You do realize that you’re talking about a team that has 3 highly ranked HoTMs in Alberich, Hel, and Kunchen along with a fast Season 2 hero who prevents negative mana status effects in Poseidon, and an event hero that steals dispellable buffs with the Hatter.

In other words, these aren’t heroes that most people would have. The Hatter is unique as I don’t think there is another hero that does that. Maybe substitute Mother North for Alberich, Proteus for Hel (but that’s a significant downgrade), maybe c-Vivica for Kunchen, and Grazul for Poseidon. But I suspect running this alternate team would probably have a lower win rate than what you have.

3 Likes

I do understand that but my point is you can counter all the top tanks/heroes with other heroes.
As a side note I was f2p for first year then c2p and have bean lucky in my 2 1/2 years in game

Sure you can counter; however, if you are dependent on having other rare high-powered heroes, that doesn’t quite make it that easy does it? And not everyone has access to these heroes. So saying that all you have to do is use x,y,z HoTMs to counter these new heroes pretty much says that if all you have are vanilla legendaries and Margaret, then you’re pretty much out of luck.

The fact is, not everyone will have the roster to deal with these new heroes and to tell people to complain that they have to look at their roster and try changes isn’t useful advice if they don’t have legendaries to counter. So yes, the heroes will be OP compared to classic heroes and maybe some of the Atlantis heroes aside from Poseidon or Ursula.

4 Likes

How many attempts and how many successes?

Just counted up Of the 23 revenge’s currently in my tower I lost 4 of them.

So just today?..

2 days of activity currently

As a small spender with currently very bad luck at getting HotMs(!)… ie no Telluria my complaint is the absolute boring nature of diamond raids now. I win enough to stay there, but when almost 9/10 have Telluria flanked by Vela (yeah, don’t have her either) it is all the same.
It seems that the percentage of those right at the top with that combo is far higher than in the days of Guin. More variety please

5 Likes

Kudos on the word play​:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes those who don’t have hotm or event heroes to choose from will always struggle with the top tanks but I’m still getting some raiding my tower and winning with 4* heroes in there defense teams. This is to say they have beaten tell tank with possible 4* in there team or they are sandbagging there defence

2 Likes

I LOLed! :rofl: 20 more LOLs!

1 Like

This is my defence and these are the defence of some who have raised me successfully

Just to show possibilities

1 Like

Personally, I find Telly to be fine, it is the heavy DoT’s they are introducing that makes balance an issue because of their widespread types. We have fire, water, bleed, poison (may hotm) and we will also be getting an ice stack potentially in Valhalla.

The issue is being able to consume and adjust team types to heroes that are punished by DoT, Vela being a prime example.

Telly by herself isn’t threatening, it’s what surrounds her, as all tanks should be. Guin was a different case where reducing mana was threatening because it delayed specials and she gained dark resistance making her unkillable to the next wave of incoming tiles.

Everything Telly has can be cleansed or weathered through. SG needs to look into balancing DoT on defense with the +% damage every hero gains. It should not factor into DoT but as DoT stands it does just like with emblems and troops.

7 Likes

Another puzzle is why I spend my time on this forum :smile:

Riddle me this… why aren’t we nerfing covid-19? I wanna have a life again

1 Like