Where has the fun gone? Wars and raids more frustrating than fun these days

Here’s a game I just played. Stacked blues against Wilbur.

Few moves later…

Look at their mana and mine…

Hell yeah, I’m happy when I get boards like that lol. You got a 4 under tank in first and a gem in second.

1 Like

Lol these were from earlier today, made me chuckle.

1 Like

I dunno, those boards look okay.

Every bad board is potentially winnable

1 Like

I wasn’t blaming the game, I was making an observation of what was happening to me and how I felt it was making the game less enjoyable for me.

If the game does go through phases where boards are tougher etc. I’m not sure a change of scenery would help?

I hear you and I do try to do that at times and yes, it is Incredibly random and your luck can change as quickly as the wind!

Thank you

S

1 Like

Good shout, I use 3-2 in raids but not in wars, I tend to be more cautious around those and do 2-1-1-1 or 2-2-1.

Time to try something a little different.

Thx

That’s what I’m talking about!

1 Like

The game seems to favour those who choose to use all elements.

Hell yeah, she is horrendous

This just happened out of 6 raids lol.
Again, I’m not saying boards are rigged, although it is somewhat comical. My objection is how big of a role luck plays.
I was doing a mission wanted: heroes, so I was choosing opponents within 300TP or so.

Same game few moves later.

Then, after the mission was done, I don’t reroll. It brings me back down to where I belong. So I am given this guy. Okay.

…and I win. Pure luck.

I’m just saying, for as much potential as this game has to be a strategic and tactical game, dumb luck seems to play a very large part.

2 Likes

Like this you mean? It’s a scandal!!

I have found that 3, 2 is fairly reliable, folllowed by 4, 1 (a bit less so) and mono either works or it doesn’t! I have been playing 3, 2; 4, 1 in the current raid tournament (undefeated) and 1 loss out of 6 in regular raids over the last day. The last tournament booted me on the last day with 4 consecutive defeats where I just couldn’t get a break.

To be fair, I did put in one board that was absolutely relentless in giving me no love!

Telly and Vela are the main cast, and the other co-stars are gm, jf, fong, finley, ursena, and sometimes onatel.

How do you decide what color to stack? I usually stack against a tank and the most bothersome character. Do you put them based on their specials or how they play with each other? Like in the first pic, why didn’t you go with greens to counter the blues? I’m new, so I’m curious.

2 Likes

It was the 5* buff booster tournament just recently finished (rules; No Green!!). That is an odd stack so well spotted! 2 weak, 3 neutral against the tank and 2 neutral, 3 strong against the right flank and wing (Rigard and Proteus (healer and mana control)). My team is a basic heal/attack boost (BT); mana down (Li 2); splash attack/defense down (Gormek); mana control (Li 1) again and an attack buffer (Wu).

EDIT: if I were using that lineup on defense it would be Bold Tusk, Wu, Gormek, Li 1, Li 2. (firing from left to right)

1 Like

Interesting, I don’t have a lot of them, but I’ll dissect it tomorrow just to see how the dynamic work. So much to learn.

This is an easy one! BT, +48% attack boost to all (lasting 4 trurns); Wu Kong, +185% attack boost to all; (stacks with BT’s special and lasting 4 turns); Gormek gives the 275% attack to 3, plus the 34% defense down on those (6 turns) and both Li Xiu’s have a 150% damage to all and a 20% mana down to all. If both Li’s fire, then that is a 40% mana drop and the opponent will not fire the next turn. If they or Gormek are attack buffed, then their specials can become very impressive (+233% potentially more hit power!).

1 Like

Cool. I’m leveling Wu Kong now. Might try pairing him up with Mist later, she is my only maxed hero so far.

1 Like

I’ve found this too. It’s a slog to raid. Obviously confirmation bias makes me remember the bad boards more easily but it’s probably been a month since I felt i had a win that i earned instead of either “computer ai was stupid and didn’t kill my charged healer/cleanser” or i hit a random combo that dumped the whole screen twice and wiped my opponents mid 3 heroes. Raiding is the least fun aspect of this game to me and i do it just for pov these days. I hate complaining without offering a suggestion for improvement but i don’t know what i could suggest other than hardcoding equal starting tiles for the initial board (although i can already see how that wouldn’t really help). I guess it’s just the nature of the game but it’s gotten really bad lately, for me at least and I don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel with all the griping about op monotonous defenses higher up

1 Like

May be you just need some slow down in the game?
I had such a period when I stopped not only raiding but even revenging, quit alliance and played occasionally, killing 1* titans, played other games. After a month or so I came back at a full speed and moved to diamond arena in raids.

2 Likes